Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Miniworld idea- Gobbler Homeworld!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
The gobbler king tells you when you talk to him that 'They can't go back to there home world because of all the scary witches'.

I've always been curious about what the homeworld looked like; and I think it would make a great mini-world.

At some point Ambrose can call you back to him (most likely after saving the gobblers). And he could be 'Good news we have found the world in the spiral that the gobblers have come from. Would you my favorite student be ever so kind and help the gobblers return home?'

Then he could give you the key and you could go there. The entire world I assume would be edible. So all the buildings, books, etc would be made out of food. Gobblers could live in gingerbread houses.

And the story could be almost like Hansel and Grendel except instead of wanting to eat Wizards the Witches want the edible world to themselves. So that is why they ran the gobblers off in the first place.

Eventually you beat all the quests and find that the witches were just hungry themselves and the conclusion is that the two learned to share and live in peace with each other.

New pets could be Candy themed pets (Ginger bread dog, Mint Snake, Micecream?)

New mounts could be (Heckhounds? plz plz plz?!!! My kingdom for a heckhound! <3)

Survivor
May 08, 2011
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Fantastic! And this could be really fun and funny all at the same time. :D

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
That is a good idea! I think that would probably be even better in the main world line! With Morganthe being the next main boss, (who looks a bit like a witch) it fits perfectly into the story line of Wizard101! KI hasn't gone into very much detail with a backstory of the gobblers yet, (and with them being one of the main races in Wizard101) I think they deserve their home world to be made! And the witches being Morganthe and her army!

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
that would be great they should that way colossuses blvd could go back to normal

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
legobuilder07 wrote:
That is a good idea! I think that would probably be even better in the main world line! With Morganthe being the next main boss, (who looks a bit like a witch) it fits perfectly into the story line of Wizard101! KI hasn't gone into very much detail with a backstory of the gobblers yet, (and with them being one of the main races in Wizard101) I think they deserve their home world to be made! And the witches being Morganthe and her army!

i agree they should have home world but what will happen to Colossus Boulevard after they are gone.it does go with the story.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
legobuilder07 wrote:

Oh my YES. No wonder the gobblers left if Morganthe and her spiders were harassing them! GREAT IDEA!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Blizzard sky has a point. Maybe then some of the gobblers could go back, while others stay in collossus bulluvard. It would make ol kingy look kingy.......er, u kno, signing a real royal decree!?!?!???

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I love this idea! Just 100% brilliant! Just a few questions/flaws/whatever-you-want-to-call-them.... (lol)

1. What level would this be for?

I would say for levels 40 to 50. At level 48, Ambrose would give this out, as it takes a while to discover a new world, and also noting there is no side world for masters/grandmasters. (Wintertusk is for like 58+) But this is up to you, just want it to be in consideration.

2. Who would the final boss of that be?

It cant be morganthe, just think how cheesy that would be, MORGANTHE! ENEMY OF THE GOBBLERS! It should be some evil raven, and wizards at that.

3. Would the gobblers be friendly or hostile?

I would say the majority would be friendly, however, enslaved and bewitched (and etc) gobblers would be enemies.

4. How long would this world be? Would it be tedious like grizzleheim, easy but long? Or like wintertusk, tough and short. (Thats how I see it at least =3)

I would say TOUGH AND LONG! Why? Lets look it like this... How did the legendaries/transcendeds act when wysteria came out? Kinda whiny if you ask me... (No offense! Hehe :) ) I am thinking rank 9s, 9 elites, and 10s, throughout the world.

Well thanks for reading!

See ya with the gobblers! (PLOT TWIST!)

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
Yay Awesome world idea! Lets have a peppermint forest
and ice cream mountain. Oh, Lets make the gear food too! :P

Natalie Dawnblood level 29 necromancer with Sir Scooter the
amazing firebat! :)

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
I love this idea! Just 100% brilliant! Just a few questions/flaws/whatever-you-want-to-call-them.... (lol)

I would say for levels 40 to 50. At level 48, Ambrose would give this out, as it takes a while to discover a new world, and also noting there is no side world for masters/grandmasters. (Wintertusk is for like 58+) But this is up to you, just want it to be in consideration.

It cant be morganthe, just think how cheesy that would be, MORGANTHE! ENEMY OF THE GOBBLERS! It should be some evil raven, and wizards at that.

I would say the majority would be friendly, however, enslaved and bewitched (and etc) gobblers would be enemies.

4. How long would this world be? Would it be tedious like grizzleheim, easy but long? Or like wintertusk, tough and short. (Thats how I see it at least =3)

I would say TOUGH AND LONG! Why? Lets look it like this... How did the legendaries/transcendeds act when wysteria came out? Kinda whiny if you ask me... (No offense! Hehe :) ) I am thinking rank 9s, 9 elites, and 10s, throughout the world.

Well thanks for reading!

1. I agree around 40 - 50 sounds likes a good place for this world to fit in.

2. Nah not Morganthe it would be kinda a let down to see her living on the gobbler world. But prehaps if she had a sister then you could give Morganthe more of a reason to be mad when you finally do beat her.

3. A Mix. Gobblers aren't bright so they could be brainwashed or enslaved. That or just hungry since the witches are taking all the food for themselves.

4. Short sounds good. It could be a mini-world buying time till we got Avalon!

OOOOhhhhh FOOD GEAR! I WOULD BE SO DOWN FOR THAT!!!!! Food Pets, Food Mounts, and houses you could buy made out of food. :)

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
I think I thought of your enemy BOSS. Call it the boiler and it is trying to Pickle the Gobblers. Some kind of Fire Boss. The boss could look like a mish mash of cooking utensils smashed together! Call is Discord!

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:

Well thanks for reading!

I think some of that is a good idea............. But why depribe the low levels of something that fits so well into the story (posslibly make it for levels 12-20)?!?!?!?!?!?! I think KI should make all of WC free-to-play so the people who cant afford a subscription (membership) could enjoy the rest of the WC story................... Also they should make this world free...... just to give the free-to-play people get a taste of what traveling to new worlds is like (possibly convencing them to buy a subscription. ) Second of all.....: the enemies should be lower ranks suited for the min. level of the wizards aloud to travel there.

Signed,
Aaron Deathsard, Level 34 Necromancer