Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bellog in the Waterfront

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
How do you expect players to defeat Bellog in the Waterfront, when he uses a card that requires 5 to 6 pips at least everytime it is his turn, when he has 1 to 2 pips at his turn. I've used a lot of crowns trying to beat him, when it is impossible to do. I do not like to keep spending money, when there is no chance to win at that quest. Please advise, or correct the program to allow players to have somewhat of a chance to win.

Administrator
As in life, there are some things you have to complete on your own, young Wizard.

If you're not strong enough to complete this quest, spend some time levelling up your Wizard by doing side quests and other tasks.

Millions of other players have successfully completed this quest, and I'm confident you can too, with a little determination and patience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Maybe pack a few minions from different schools to help too,

And adjust you deck make sure you use defenses and alsosome heal spells 8)

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
TravisHawkCatcher wrote:
How do you expect players to defeat Bellog in the Waterfront, when he uses a card that requires 5 to 6 pips at least everytime it is his turn, when he has 1 to 2 pips at his turn. I've used a lot of crowns trying to beat him, when it is impossible to do. I do not like to keep spending money, when there is no chance to win at that quest. Please advise, or correct the program to allow players to have somewhat of a chance to win.

Get other people to help.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Really you only have two options : Spam 2 pip attacks at belloq until he is dead, or get someone else to do that while you do the major damage.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I, too, spent many a crown trying to defeat Bellog "on my own". Well, as it has been pointed out, it is near impossible to do as a solo. Yes, he CHEATS!, but, then, so do many of the "boss" characters in Zafaria. The challenge is to find out what their cheats are and how to overcome them. Though this reply come quite a bit after the fact of the original entry, I hope it will help other Wizards in their attempt to hurdle this part of the story line quest. First: do it in a group of more than one - as the old addage goes, there is safety in numbers. Second: hit Bellog! and KEEP hitting him, even if it is just a wand attack. As long as "someone" attacks him, he will not attack you with his horrible CHEAT! I have used henchmen, but, it is much more fun and reliable if you are in a group with other Wizards - this, I have found, holds true with most all Boss battles. I hope my little dissertation helps you. Have fun, good luck. Wizard101 Rules!!!!!!!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
It is absolutely too easy to just say "get help from others."

While it may be very easy to generally get help from anybody for almost anything, there will be times, as inconceivable as they seem to be, where there won't be a single player around, nor a single friend online, that will be ready to jump in to fight Belloq with you.

Then a person like me would go .... really? I am forced to stop playing this game because I cannot advance any further until a player gets online or a friend pops up? Really?! In Wizard101?! And I would rather quit the entire game before I EVER spend a single crown on a henchmen or battle support item.

And I highly doubt each and every single person that played a wizard to that point would instantly be able to think up a strategy to overcome Belloq's awefulness, and then be instantly successful at it.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
I know how to answer yur question! You have to get lots of fire elf treasure cards for me since i am fire i put all fire elfs use that lots of times on bellog i was stuck allot to i dont blame you i just got info. From one of my friends

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
I want to say thankyou for the helpful hints, especially, about stunning and using 2 pip attack on Bellog, it was a slow task, but I finally beat him. I am
moving forward in the game. Again, thankyou all my fellow wizards. Rock on !!!

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Really you only have two options : Spam 2 pip attacks at belloq until he is dead, or get someone else to do that while you do the major damage.

Thanks for the helpful hints, the 2 pip attacks did work, and I'm moving forward in the game.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
really, bellog/ he was so easy. i do agree it took me the second time to kill him, but come on, it wont be hard once you find a weak spot. also, bring some friends.

TristanDarkBlade Transcended Ice

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
When you actually try you can do it in less than 20 minutes, just use your school minion and spells form 1-4 pips even 5 pips spells, it is really easy as he doesnt really attack hard, if you are fire you can link the boss so he will be "hurt" every round, so u can blade up and attack stronger :D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
diegoidr97 wrote:
When you actually try you can do it in less than 20 minutes, just use your school minion and spells form 1-4 pips even 5 pips spells, it is really easy as he doesnt really attack hard, if you are fire you can link the boss so he will be "hurt" every round, so u can blade up and attack stronger :D

You beat me to it.

Fire has the easiest time with this boss.

Fire elf.
Charge 1 turn.
Fire elf.
Charge 1 turn.
Fire elf.
Charge 1 turn.
Efreet.
Fire Elf.
Charge 1 turn.
And on and on and on....
If your deck keeps messing with you your minion will bug it with links, smoke mantles, fire elfs, and sprite you!

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
The cheat is obvious, 1 Ra minion every turn, and he will do a Ra if you do not attack him every turn. I won by having 4 friends (2 doing strong attacks, 2 doing weak attacks). My storm friend would every now and then try a insane bolt, while i would focus on healing and doing leprechauns while our fire friend would do a fire elf every 3 rounds, and my noob would be doing weak 1 pip attacks and healing himself!

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
It doesn't matter how much you damage him, you just have to hit him every round (including the first) and he will never cast Ra -- not once.

Fire has the easiest time since Fire Elf costs 2 pips and it is a damage over time (DOT) spell. Death has the next easiest time since its DOT spell (poison) is 4 pips. Ice is the last school that has has a usefull DOT spell (Frostbite - 5 pips). Myth's DOT spell (Basilisk - 9 pips) costs too much, and the other schools (Storm, Life, Balance) do not have a DOT spell (that a player can learn anyway),

The thing to remember is that ANY attack will do to prevent the cheat -- even wand blasts. So don't discard them, save them and use them.