Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalon is based on...

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 01, 2011
After watching so many tv shows of king artur i know that arthur lives in camelot which is in Avalon i think. Avalon is also were the story king arthur and the round table is at.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
hurricansofdeath10... wrote:
After watching so many tv shows of king artur i know that arthur lives in camelot which is in Avalon i think. Avalon is also were the story king arthur and the round table is at.

That's not quite true, but close.
Camelot is not located within Avalon. Avalon was an island or at the very least secluded area not open to just anyone.
But yes, Avalon itself is from the King Arthur stories.

Champion
May 03, 2011
In Sir Thomas Malory's Morte D'Arthur (15th century), Arthur is killed in the final battle with Mordred, his evil son. Four queens, one of whom is Morgan LeFay (a villainess in other parts of the story) take him to Avalon, a mystic isle whence he shall return when the world needs him most. That's why he was called "The Once and Future King."

There's another thread in this section about Avalon as a possible continuation of the Morganthe storyline. It sounds really promising as an idea; most of us love Arthurian lore. I hope they consider it.