Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How much Rank a wizard loses when beat in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
This is crazy how come you lose a great amount of rank when you face a lower rank it should be the exact same for both. For example i was pvp on my fire and i won a total of 8 out of 10 matches and the 2 matches i ended up losing made me have less rank then when i started that day. Atleast make it far someone should have to win 7 points but if they lost they lose 25+ just make it a certain number like 15 points no matter what.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
My best guess is KI, for whatever reason, does not want skilled PvP players to dwell at levels below Transcended.

Spending an hour beating a wizard 20-30 levels higher than you should be worth more than zero points. And losing to a wizard 20-30 levels higher than you should not cost you 32 points.

I'm sure KI has some kind of reasoning for making it this way. I just have no idea what it is.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
sometimes an adept warlord fights a legend and is rewarded with zero points

Historian
May 01, 2010
malt22 wrote:
My best guess is KI, for whatever reason, does not want skilled PvP players to dwell at levels below Transcended.

Spending an hour beating a wizard 20-30 levels higher than you should be worth more than zero points. And losing to a wizard 20-30 levels higher than you should not cost you 32 points.

I'm sure KI has some kind of reasoning for making it this way. I just have no idea what it is.

The reason I can think of, is that on bad days when not many low rank pvp'ers are in the arena, the system looks for people that have the same rank/level average (as stated somewhere else in these forums). If the rank "spoils" were the same, legend/transcended privates might have their rank destroyed by people that really know how to use cards (hence the saying I love to say, it doesnt matter if you have more cards, it really matters how well you can use them). Though, I do support that there should be a maximum/minimum rank that you can gain by winning/losing, like 10-20, so at worst, you have to win 2 battles to make up a loss.