Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battlejackers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
I often see a lot of posts about people complaining about other players jumping into their battles & Kill Stealing, going AFK, or fleeing after drawing in more enemies.

This has happened to me more times than I can count, but my thoughts on this are... I've learned not to care anymore & just deal with it, because there are a lot of reasons why these things happen that are not the other players fault.

1 reason, & this has happened to me more times than I can count as well, is you get unexpectedly dragged into a battle. Mostly because an enemy will spawn just as you race by. Sometimes the game bugs & you get dragged several blocks into a far away battle, wondering, how did I end up way over here?

I personally always make it a habit to stay in the battle when I'm accidently drawn in so other players are not burdend with extra enemies, & because I know how annoying the AFKs & Flees are. Being a Life wizard I'm often more help the group. But even then it's not always the player's fault. A lot of times the players that are AFK or are shown to have fled are because they loose connection.

While Battlejackers can be very annoying & many do it intentionally, it's no reason to quit Wiz 101. You don't loose any gold, equipment, or XP from being defeated, so it's really not that big a deal when you think about. Just grab some red orbs & head back.
And if they get real annoying... I recomend that you just relax, get yourself an ice cold glass of Tupari, 1 of those bow & arrow wands, & shoot an arrow in their knee.

Happy gaming fellow wizards & Fus Ro Dah.

Robert Dragon Wisperer Lvl 60 Life wizard soon to be Lvl 70 8)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Always keep an extra Soothe type card if AFKers are a problem. With that spell you can divert all the enemies attention (one by one) to the AFK wizard.

You can't kill steal in this game (unless you are referring to someone intentionally letting you die so they can take all the drops).

Fleeing wizards can be problem if multiple wizards are doing it, but it is usually only one wizard that brings one extra enemy. Most schools have AoE spells that will easily include the new enemy that appeared, but I can see certain schools having problems with it.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I agree about the AFK thing.

If I notice a player is AFK for quite a number of turns, I stop what I am doing until that player is defeated. Of course, while trying to keep myself safe and good.

And I just love it! I don't know, is that wrong? :P

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
QuantumCat wrote:
shoot an arrow in their knee.

Wow this annoying MEME has found its way onto these forums too!?
It wasnt even funny when it was RELEVENT - like 3 months ago
Talk about beating a dead horse...