Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hardest boss you've ever fought?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
What's the hardest boss you've ever fought? Please no "Oh that boss is so easy" comments, it might have been easy FOR YOU but not for that person. Anyway, I thought the boss in the Warehouse was pretty hard because you can't heal and they throw powerful spells on you. Which boss do you think was hard?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Excluding the dungeons which really shoudn't be done solo (spiral key, waterworks, mirror lake, etc.), without a doubt, Acastus Hexfin in Celestia (at least for my ice wizard).

He and his two minons are ice, which makes for a very nasty combo (especally for ice).

- since they're all ice, lots of tower spamage.
- since they're all ice, the blades they cast are not wasted by being cast on the wrong monster
- they love to spam ice kraken, which is usually bladed or trapped (sometimes both) -- I've lost over 3k health in a single turn when they all decided to cast that at the same time. A couple of times I've lost over half my health on the first turn -- before I even got to cast.

And while they're doing that, I have to get prisms on them (since my wizard is ice). It makes for a very unplesant expereince (solo). Even at level 70 (as my ice wizard is now), I wouldn't want to do him solo.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Hmm, there were a few tough ones, but they were all cheating bosses. I think, I'm going to exclude tough as a group and just go tough solo and mention one particular boss (hoestly, why do I even have people on my friends list I almost never ask for help. Seriously, I will fight a cheating boss and lose six times before ever considering asking for help -__- )

It had to have been the boss in zafaria that kept spamming ra. Because I don't have many spells to hit him every round, and I wasn't sure if my wooden puppet would help keep ra off of me, i just used some other means to get around it. I lost five times to that one before I worked my way through. The last time I failed, his stupid buddy stunned me so I got hit with a ra XD. The greyhorn mercenary. In retaliation I hit it with a basilisk. I just filled up my deck with low pip attacks and just picked the boss to death. Finally got to do that one solo. Briskbreeze was simpler than that guy.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Belloq. I'm scarred for life from that battle.

Absolutely no joke. I turn over in my future grave at the mere mention of that boss.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2011
I agree with everyone else. Belloq is simply unreal. The best part about that battle is you have no idea that he will be tough. I naively walked in that battle on my own the first time and found myself sitting in the zafaria commons with 1 in my health jar after a mere 4 rounds against this legend. Belloq will forever haunt my dreams...

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Belloq. when you go in solo you have to hit every round to avoid Ra while he and his minion still hit you with their own spells. What if you have no attacks up? Then you have to heal, but thats not an attack then another Ra comes out and so on. I still wont go in without help.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
The boss to get Efreet. That is by far the HARDEST boss in the game. And unlike Ra who other balance can go in to help. Your stuck doing it alone.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Frostbranch. Ugh. I beat him once--in retrospect I think it was a miracle. I refused to ever take him on again, with any of my other wizards. His cheat is, I think, the most annoying in the game. I found Belloq pretty easy with the help of my son, who is a fire wiz. But I had read up on him ahead of time, unlike Frostbranch, who was a most unpleasant surprise.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Probably Khai Tengri. I died a bunch of times fighting him and had to resort to the then-inexpensive crowns henchman. I made it out alive though, which is good, and now the Leviathan serves me and me alone! Aside from the other millions of high level Diviners.....

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Another boss I found frustratingly hard was the boss Myth wizards had to beat in order to obtain Medusa.

That boss does not really cheat to the point where it makes or breaks a fight, but....

For some reason I had SUCH a hard time! Although in my head, it would seem like one of the easiest battles.

Took me 6 tries to get the win. I was crazy frustrated. I believe I may have not played as smart as I could. Also, I believe at that time, the mastery amulets were not out yet, so for healing I could not rely on power pips.

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
well im only in dragonspyre but the hardest boss was all of it i did it all with freinds expect the one where u have to do it on u own

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
colas857 wrote:
well im only in dragonspyre but the hardest boss was all of it i did it all with freinds expect the one where u have to do it on u own
My arch-nemesis back then was the boss with the Shield Pox. Her name escapes me, but wow, that was tough!

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Excluding dungeons like Waterworks and Tower of the Helephant, I would say that the hardest boss is Belloq. The firs time I did that place, I brought 2 friends with me and none of knew how he cheated. So, we all started buffing up our moves so that we could kill them in one hit, but his Ra killed us in about 5 rounds. I never did beat Belloq until one of my friends told me how he cheated. Even with the cheating, he's hard; you have to kill him with moves that you can cast every round if you want to beat him. If you don't, you get hit with his Ra and THEN with their normal attacks. I'm not looking forward to fighting him again, but I need to on my myth character so oh well

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
I would think Malistare,Belloq and Lyon Lorestriker I haven't beaten them myself but they sound pretty powerful

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Belloq. I'm scarred for life from that battle.

Why don't you hire a henchman. Before you choose a spell, click the Crowns Shop icom in the upper-left hand corner and buy one. :P

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
bionaknight wrote:
colas857 wrote:
My arch-nemesis back then was the boss with the Shield Pox. Her name escapes me, but wow, that was tough!

Lol. I am myth and I pwned her. Just equipped an earth quake and a vengance and BOOM the poxes are dead and I followed up the boss with a medusa treasure card.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
justinguy wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
colas857 wrote:

Lol. I am myth and I pwned her. Just equipped an earth quake and a vengance and BOOM the poxes are dead and I followed up the boss with a medusa treasure card.
Yea, well, I was Storm and on my first Wizard, Fire. Never had any shield removers, Vengeance didn't exist yet, so yeah, I had a harder time.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
SoarinOC wrote:
The boss to get Efreet. That is by far the HARDEST boss in the game. And unlike Ra who other balance can go in to help. Your stuck doing it alone.
I agree with you both. Belloq and the boss to get Efreet are really hard! It took me forever to finally defeat Belloq and I had to buy three Henchmen [all lvl 70] to finally defeat the boss to get Efreet. They are both really hard. I will gladly never fight the boss to get Efreet and I really hope I will never fight Belloq again.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
imahuman1 wrote:
Why don't you hire a henchman. Before you choose a spell, click the Crowns Shop icom in the upper-left hand corner and buy one. :P

Try fighting Belloq and then you'll see why I didn't hire a henchman. By the way, I didn't fight him alone.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
i agree beloq, but my brother and i found a very simple way to beat him if you need help. he put on his novice wand and put all one or two rank spells in his deck. I bladed and he kept attacking each turn, a reshuffle treasure here and there if needed and we beat him. I did also have a life with me (my dad) it worked so perfectly we only got a ra once when my bro fized. I killed him with an efreet that had tons of blades. it felt good for what he did to me before that battle, i died a lot.

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

See you in the spiral!

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Belloq was hard but i had a couple really good friends with me so i got it on my second try. But i feel bad for the peeps whose friends wont help them.