Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

trading items between wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Why cant we add friendly dragons to the share chest so we can give it to another wizard?

I love my dragon, but i am aweful with the first wizard i made, is there any chance of that being changed

Please

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Yeah, why are we not able to share all of the items with another wizard that is created in the same account?
I can understand not being able to trade it with other wizards with a different account.

we should be able to share all items with wizards that are created within one account!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
drgnldy wrote:
Yeah, why are we not able to share all of the items with another wizard that is created in the same account?
I can understand not being able to trade it with other wizards with a different account.

we should be able to share all items with wizards that are created within one account!

I have to say I agree totally.
I really love this game, but this has really upset me. :(
The main items I am upset with is all the Dragonspyre stuff that is no trade. Most have level requirements on them and that I don't mind at all. I have fought some battles over and over so many times just to get the drop for my class wizard.
And the Malistaire robes... Goodness me it is hard to get the one for your class. After working your way there and spending so much time, just to get an item you can't even wear or trade really upsets me.

But there was chat about this on the test server too and nothing was changed so seems they are firm in the idea that these items are to remain no drop.

If nothing else, I wish we had a choice of item for our quest reward.
I am burned out on doing Malistaire from doing it so many times and still haven't been able to get a balance robe. Others in the group do, but they can't wear it.....sigh.

Please forgive me for being so negative on this. I love this game but this is one area I think really needs some improvement.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I'm inclined to agree that most of the no trade items should be allowed to be traded between all wizards on one account with a few exceptions. The only items that I think should be kept no trade are pets with cards or that offer boosts to hp and mana. Other than that, I don't see the point. Most of the stuff I would want to trade to another wizard that I can't already has a level requirement that prevents me from getting to use it until I'm pretty far along in the game anyways. The only case that there is no level requirement is with pets, in which case I could understand not wanting a new player having a Jade Oni pet, but if they can't use a sword until level 40, what's the harm? Other arguments may be that it isn't fair that the player doesn't have to fight a boss many times to get the drop, but I had to have gotten the item from the boss at some point. Besides, some of the best gear that I can't trade is school specific. It does me no good to have a hat for a Thaumaturge on my Necromancer and not be able to share it.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I've played many free to play MMOs where "all" items bought with real money or world drops can be shared between characters on the same account as long as they are high enough level to use the item. In case of pets with cards, if it's truly a balance issue, that problem could be easily fixed if they applied a level requirement to them.

I don't understand why we can't share holiday pets with no card attached, or "the friendly dragon" between our other characters. I just don't see myself buying more crowns with my hard earned money on a pet that I already have, just so my lower level character can have one too.

If it's a money issue, as in they think that the shared bank will result in less "crown" sales, or less motivation for people to play the game, that could easily be solved by adding new stock once or twice a week like all the other free to play MMOs to get people to play and buy more. And as in new stock, I don't mean the usual boring looking robes with a new card or stats attached to them. I mean, new stock as in something that looks completely unique, that would motivate me to want to pay and play more.

It just seems like a waste to me that all these "no trade" items at some point will become throw away items after all the time and effort we put into getting them to drop from Bosses and such, when our characters outgrow them. Even more so with items and pets that were bought with real money.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
What if those no-trade items such as the special dragon you get for inviting a friend to play, could be traded when the character is deleted? All or some of these special items are supposed to represent a special achievement or recognition but at some point you may need to remove your old characters and still want to save those special prizes. They could appear in your shared back then bind to the next character that takes them or something like that.

Just another suggestion to consider.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
i feel the same way since i cant even trade malisataire robes with my balance wizard.i have every thing for my balance wizard on my grandmaster pyromancer account but i cant trade it. I have the best boots, the robe, and the hat and the dagger thing and the sword for a balance wizard but yet i cant trade none of them over. Surley if i was a balance wizard i would be very happy right now but i cant even trade with my balance wizard so the clothes and items are of no use.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
how do you trade things other than cards sorry this is off topic. go on

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Trading items between wizards only works on the wizards on one account. Any of the wizards can access a shared bank in their dorm and deposit items into the shared bank to be transferred between the other wizards on the account. At this point, certain items are listed as No Trade and cannot be placed into the shared bank, which is essentially what led to this topic.

Today, I had another incident that led me to be angry and confused. I had found I was able to trade all of the unique boss drops on Krokotopia I had been getting while playing on my necromancer and decided to collect the gear for my ice wizard, who is close to using most of them. While attempting to get a hat, I got a surprise drop I hadn't been aware of. It was a ring for level 20+ Ice wizard and had a great boost to health and mana, yet was no trade. Why was the ring different from any of the robes, shoes, or hats I had gotten so far?