Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

no rank restrictions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
for me i am a level 39 private :( and i keep losing because of to high levels or warlords and all, and its frustrating plz put on rank restrictions :( :( :( :(

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
So you want ranks to go against each other? So Privates can only verse privates? It's a challenge when a lower rank goes against a high rank, you need to take that challenge and work with it. Team up with friends, make sure you use good attacks a defenses, and use treasures, regardless of what they call you.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
lifetoad342 wrote:
for me i am a level 39 private :( and i keep losing because of to high levels or warlords and all, and its frustrating plz put on rank restrictions :( :( :( :(

the issue isn't ranks. the issue is hit points, level, and lack of pvp interest.

rewards for pvp need to be amped up to get more participants.

also, nobody should be matched to anybody in a ranked match if there is more than a 20% difference in hit-points or more than 5 or 6 levels apart from one another.

just because i made it to Warlord doesn't mean i should suddenly be matched with people who are 25 levels and 1,000 hitpoints above me.

it's a serious problem and it needs to be fixed.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Or in the very least make the rewards worth the fight. The point 9rank system) only seems to pay attention to rank. So if you are a low level and you have done extremely well and made warlord- you will be fighting privates who are levels above you.

The private has a major advantage because they can critical, they have higher spells, etc. If the high level private goes first your in even worse shape. These kind of matches are what you have to look forward to if you win and make warlord. The most negative aspect of this is if luck is truely not on your side and the private wins, they get a huge chunk of points. If your warlord and lose to a private. . . well kiss warlord goodbye. Gues what you get if you beat a wizard private 20+ levels higher than you . . .1-2 points. One match I got "0" points beating a wizard who was 25 levels higher then me.

This has been brought up so many times by so many players with no repsonse from KI other than being directed to pvp matching link. So what that tells me is its not going to change. Thats it. IMO the only way you will get as close to a fair fight as possible is to duel once you are level 70. This system actually discourages doing well in pvp as a low level wizard.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
lifetoad342 wrote:

Lifetoad,

I like the name, it makes me laugh....
No private should be matched to a Captain or anything close to that.
I really think what is happening to you, is that you are staying in the que too long. I use to stay in the que 2 minutes, but on my level 12 started to get some real mismatches. KI changed something in the game, and this just started to show up one day.
I found that if I only stay in the que for 1 minute and no more, my matches are fairly close. My noob ice level 12 just made captain, and will usually get a knight, captain or low commander. If you are sitting in the Que waiting and then 15 minutes later you get a match, don't accept it.

There are two other items that also cause issues in the PvP ranking.
You get a new guy in for his first match as Private, and he gets matched to a Private, no problem right.
Not so, the Private has been set up with the best gear you can get. The person controlling the Private has three Warlords, and knows how to play really well.
My Death is a Private, I'm just starting to play him. My first match was against a private, but guess what, this Private had timing and skill way above most Warlords that I have played. I even told him, wow, you sure don't play like a private, just to see his reply. He responded with a : )

The second items is how the deck is setup, and the side deck. If your a private, you most likely don't have your deck setup for most problems that will arrise in pvp. You won't have it setup so you can turtle if second, or be aggressive if first. You may not really understand all the features of cloak or Reshuffle. You may not know what shools you need to kill fast, or what ones you have a little time to set up on.

So while some look at rank and say, oh wow, how did I get stuck with a Warlord (I'm only rank....), in my eyes, I'm just as worried about the private.

Joe.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
phathombeck above wrote: "just because i made it to Warlord doesn't mean i should suddenly be matched with people who are 25 levels and 1,000 hitpoints above me."

I was 4 points from warlord as a level 30 death commander with 1575 health. I was matched within seconds from quickjoin to a level 66 ice with over 4000 health. 36 levels higher! 2500 health points higher! How is that for a mismatch?

A couple of turns later I was killed with a critical which probably wasn't even necessary. I lost 31 points.

Having said that, I think I have figured out KI's process. The last time I was close to warlord, I was tagged with a level 53 sergeant. The battle lasted a little longer but again, high powered spells work better than lower ones. Throw in a critical and gg. I think as one gets within a few points of warlord, like warlord itself, all barriers are off. Meaning you get any level, any rank mismatch.

I suppose it works well. You have to work hard at getting to warlord. I know this, if I ever make warlord, I most likely will retire as a level 30. Why wait for a level 60 or 70 something to rank you down?