Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance needs something different...

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Ok, there have been a BUNCH of new ideas to boost/downgrade Balance. Some are actually pretty decent ideas, such as the Balance Shield 50%, thank you for not complaining about an 80! And also the Balance only blade would be ok, but also useless in ways. There are good ideas for a 4th hand in Balance DoT to heal all team members. Well, I have some ideas (I'm choosing which ones I think are best) for PvP.

I like the Spiritual Blast idea, which was an idea for about 3-4 years now? It would do the exact same amount of damage as Spectral Blast and cost the EXACT SAME amount of pips. I don't want a Spiritual Blast that costs 10 pips and is WAY stronger then Spectral Blast, just no way. Remember everyone, rank 4 spells can be just as powerful as any other spell in the game, so I'd be happy to do a quest for a rank 4 spell! :D

To even out the odds, a 50% Balance Shield! This would block Balance damage only! Not all schools! (I'm not stealing your ideas guys, I'm just displaying them and saying that they're good and why it SHOULD be in the game). Not many Balance wizards that actually know how to play Balance very well use Balance only attacks (Yes, this means you Judgement spammers. The spells are doing all the work for you, so you're not really playing a strategy otherwise, and no offense intended there.)

Also, another Balance damage attack at level 78, and possibly a Balance only blade at level 75? I'm sick of just levelling up 8 more times for a higher rank spell, come on KI, we need more then 1 thing every now and then!

Yes, every school will gain something at the same pace. I'm not a wizard that just wants to overpower my school to win, because I don't need that to win. No good player will need to cry and whine to win. If you're someone that just wants, then learn to play your spells well until then. If you're someone that says that one school is overpowered, then get over it and start building strategy! I'm admitting that I whined about Ice, but now I've gone over it and re-found my strategy.

Do you think this will even out the odds, and please Balance wizards, don't complain about the Balance Shield since we're getting a new Balance attack and Spiritual Blast in this idea. I don't want to read about whining, because I've gone through that a lot. If you want to complain and whine, do as you wish. It's going to do you no good as long as you act. Thanks for reading! I want to hear ideas please! :D

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Yes, I absolutely agree! Even as a Diviner, I think balance could use another kind of Spiritual attack. Not sure how many Sorcerers will like it themselves though, I mean they whined for years about a Spiritual Hydra, and now that they have one, everyone thinks its awful. As for the Balance Shield, it's an interesting idea, but I think the lacking defenses against Balance is to even out their low-moderate attack power. I couldn't reall care less about Judgement spamming, because it's hard to make it do anything on the second immediate hit, and the first one is easily blocked by treasures and shields. However, if this were a petition, I would sign it! :-D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Very good post JouJou11cool, well thought out, great ideas...

I like it! :D

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Quote"Ok, there have been a BUNCH of new ideas to boost/downgrade Balance.
Some are actually pretty decent ideas, such as the Balance Shield 50%,
thank you for not complaining about an 80! And also the Balance only
blade would be ok, but also useless in ways. There are good ideas
for a 4th hand in Balance DoT to heal all team members."

Reply, I disagree completely on both the Balance Shield and the Balance Blade.
Each school has it pros and cons, High health and low health, high resist and
low resist, way to easily remove shields and no easy way to remove them.
High power and lower power, limited shools hits and a wide array of hits,
like Balance. Super heals, attack and heal, and no options for heal.
Each school is unique in it's own way, but by adding the sheild and Blade you
destroy what is unique about Balance.

Before any responds to this, please think about this.
Fire, can take off shields and had a large hit up front.
Ice, high health, high Resist, low hit up front and High hits afterwards.
Death, Power pips, needs more pips to take off shields, but can hit and Heal in one round.
Storm, has real trouble with Shields, but can do massive damage.
Life, has real trouble with shields, but can outheal anyone in the game, high crits.
Myth, No problem removing shields, low health, and good damage.
Balance, no way to remove shields, but has a unique hit that can only be
stop with the Tower Shield. Plus they lose their Blades to any wand.

Each school has it's own unique abilities, but also has a flaw or two.
You add the Shield and Blade, and you changed what Balance is, and have
created a new wizard in it's place. I think Balance has enough flaws, and doesn't need the change.
----------------------------------------

Quote"Well, I have some ideas (I'm choosing which ones I think are best) for PvP.
I like the Spiritual Blast idea, which was an idea for about 3-4 years now?
It would do the exact same amount of damage as Spectral Blast and cost the EXACT SAME amount of pips. I don't want a Spiritual Blast that costs 10 pips and is WAY stronger then Spectral Blast, just no way. Remember everyone, rank 4 spells can be just as powerful as any other spell in the game, so I'd be happy to do a quest for a rank 4 spell!"

Reply, I really expect that KI planned this all along, as they grow more worlds. It makes perfect sense, because they gave us the Spirit tri-Blade way before it was needed. I honestly think that the only thing that was not planned was when KI asked what spells we never used, or would like to see upgraded. They came up with some great ideas, in the Fire tri-traps, Availing hands, etc. I think we need to give KI more credit than we are.
I would love to see Balance get an Aura spell that only cost two pips, but I can see that it would add an imbalance to the game. Balance gets fairly high pips, and if we allow them a 2 pip Aura spell, it would hurt all other schools just as adding the 50% balance shield would to Balance. This would not balance anything, but in reality cause a real imbalance of the way the game is set up.
Once you start to look at the way the game is designed, you start to see this.
My Dad explained some game programming theory to me, and now it's starting to make a lot of sense.
Changing the flaws of each Wizard should not be done, they need to remain in place, this is just my opinion.
That is why Storm and Life will most likely never get a school spell to remove shields that will be cheap in pips. That is why Fire and STorm will never get high health, etc, etc.
----------------------------------------

Quote"To even out the odds, a 50% Balance Shield! This would block Balance damage only!
Not all schools! (I'm not stealing your ideas guys, I'm just displaying them and saying that they're good and why it SHOULD be in the game). Not many Balance wizards that actually know how to play Balance very well use Balance only attacks (Yes, this means you Judgement spammers. The spells are doing all the work for you, so you're not really playing a strategy otherwise, and no offense intended there.)"

Reply, As stated above, adding another shield to the game, and you have to increase the deck size or (now it becomes harder to get what you want in a smaller deck). There are give and takes in any deck, but Balance is suppose to have a hard time with shields.
I can put up one (Volcanic) Shield and one (Legend or Ether) shield and I have effectively shut down a Balance. Now the Balance can drive Chimera or Hydra into my shields, and end up losing the Pip War. I spend Zero Pips, and the Balance spends Six to Nine pips to remove them.
Plus they only get in around 50% of their hit. I have also basically shut down Spectral Blast.
The only option the the Balance has is to use Sandstorm or Scorpion to get in a hit.
I know, some my be asking about RA or Nova, but they are pip wasters for the damage, in 1v1.
Bottom line, adding in the shield would make it so that you could shut down a Balance completely. "No other shool" has been put into that position, as their are absolutely no good Balance wands available. Remember Balance was designed to be this way, and I really doubt that KI would decide to change the entire design my adding a 50% balance shield.

For all the Judgement Spammers, I have one Judge in my deck, and that is it.
It's a good spell, but Chimera hits higher per pip and can be boosted much better.
Chimera is actually the attack of choice for most good Balance nowdays.
---------------------------------------

Quote"Also, another Balance damage attack at level 78, and possibly a Balance only blade
at level 75? I'm sick of just levelling up 8 more times for a higher rank spell,
come on KI, we need more then 1 thing every now and then!"

Reply, I can agree with this 100%. This game, as Runescape, WOW, etc, plan on being here for many many years. Yes, they drag out what they give, but I believe that KI plans it this way, just like most other games do. If you have been here from the start, you know how much this game has changed and evolved, which is a great deal in many areas.
--------------------------------------

Quote"Yes, every school will gain something at the same pace. I'm not a wizard that just wants to overpower my school to win, because I don't need that to win. No good player will need to cry and whine to win. If you're someone that just wants, then learn to play your spells well until then. If you're someone that says that one school is overpowered, then get over it and start building strategy! I'm admitting that I whined about Ice, but now I've gone over it and re-found my strategy."

Reply, Ice was my first, is and always has been my favorite school. He is level 70, has the crafted robe, has a dual resist pet, Life amulet and is a bear to kill.

(Note, I sated he had 65% resist to certain schools, but he really only has 61%, my bad).

My storm, Death, Myth and Balance are all level 70, with Waterworks gear, hatched pets, crown wands, and I play them all in PvP. I have a Life wizard on the way up.

I don't have a Fire, and strangely enough, I find that one school overpowering with the tools they have, go fiqure. Can I beat a Fire, yes I have beaten many many fire Warlords.

I have been beaten and have beaten every school (at Warlord level) in the game.
So, I still state, that no school is overpowered, it's the stratergy that becomes unbeatable. (Mine still needs work though, lol).
My Stratergies work great against most stratergies, but not all. No one stratergy seems to be able to counter all others, that is what makes pvp so much fun.
So basically, I agree with what you have stated.
---------------------------------------

Quote"Do you think this will even out the odds, and please Balance wizards, don't complain about the Balance Shield since we're getting a new Balance attack and Spiritual Blast in this idea. I don't want to read about whining, because I've gone through that a lot.
If you want to complain and whine, do as you wish. It's going to do you no good as long as you act. Thanks for reading! I want to hear ideas please!"

Reply, as stated above, I really think that adding the shield causes a "must add" of other utility spells for Balance. This would really cause an inbalance in the game.
Adding a spell that Balance will most likely get anyways, is no reason to add the shield.

As stated, I play all Wizards, except Fire, so I don't have a limited view of the game, imo. My brother does have a fire (Level 70), and he understands the game much better than I do.
If your talking about pvp below level 60, then yes I don't play that much.
I do play at level 10 to level 12, and have fun in this area now and then.
I am looking at this from the point of view when I play my other wizards, and a good balance is playing against me in 1v1. I have only been killed three times, twice by the Feint Strategy and once by a critical double bladed Chimera. At no other time has a Balance been able to beat me.
I carry plenty of Towers in my main deck, and in my side deck. I drop them only when I need to.
PvP becomes a guessing game, a game of confusing your enemy, a game of causing your enemy to have to choose an option they don't want, making them waste pips. Slow their heals, and finally gaining the upper hand. The game as is, allows you to do all that, with each Wizard.
Your Stratergy and more importantly your Deck setup is what allows each Wizard to overcome the tools of the other wizards.
If I am whining, then so be it, let it be known that I'm a whiner.

(didn't mean for this to be a book).

Joe,
Joseph Lionhunter.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359,

About you only getting beaten 3 times by a Balance wizard, I respectfully believe that. That's why I said that many Balance wizards aren't as good. I'm very good at Balance, and I NEVER really use any Balance attacks except for Power Nova, or Judge as a finisher when my opponent has under 1000 health. With the Glacial Shields and such, I could care less of what my opponent does. To being a good Balance wizard, you must know how to defend yourself VERY WELL. I do that, and I do that on the right time. If your opponent shields, chances are you HAVE to shield, or else you know you're the only one getting weakened here. Now, there is a way to control Spectral Blast without any glitches or cheats and such. I learned how, so when my opponent uses Glacial Shield, I aim for the Fire hit. Thermic, I aim for the Storm. I do a whole bunch of damage with Elemental attacks, and the next sentence is 100% guaranteed:
Every wizard has their own style of play, there is no right or wrong.

There are many people that like to stick with their first wizard because they want to, but really, if you're not good, then just quit it and move on. Nobody's perfect. That's why you can easily defeat any other Balance wizard, because they can't let go of their first wizard.

Balance can't survive without shields, so Judge spammers have to take FOREVER just to survive and then finally strike!

Now, what no one is truly getting about Balance. Their pro isn't about not being able to get blocked! That's not it. People believe that their pro is that they can strike from any direction. Nope, that's not it either! People believe it is that they take from other schools! Nope! Balance can already get blocked from whichever direction they strike, so that takes out reason 1 and 2! Number 3, it sounds reasonable, but tools never do you anything if you don't know how to use them! Balance's TRUE pro!:
The ability to confuse. The ability to strike fast with incredible power.

That's it! Balance has to attack FAST before 3 rounds when the enemy can fully block Balance! See it now? That's how you have to play Balance! Hope this really helps.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Many of you think that Balance's pros and cons are about striking from any direction, or being able to not getting blocked. Or that they can shield all schools! That's definitely NOT true! Balance's true pro:
That they can strike with heavy damage VERY fast! If the Balance Shield was used, they can strike from Elementals/Spirituals! If the opponent used an Elemental Shield, the Balance wizard can strike from the Spirituals! Vice versa to that! You have to know how to act fast before your opponent shields, or you're a wizard that's going to get doomed! That's how Balance is played. Their TRUE con!:
Balance can be shielded ALL the way until Judgement is their final choice to use! Or even a high rank Balance spell! Well, if your opponent shields, you HAVE to shield back, or else you're the only one hitting weak points. So, Balance is mostly about acting fast, before your opponent finds a way to FULLY defend themself. Attack HEAVILY before 3 rounds! That's simple isn't it? So the Balance Shield would be realistic. I have to thank Darthjt for making me recognize that on his Balance Shield thread :-D