Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What point PVP?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
Feel free to call me out on this, but I can't see any reason to participate in sanctioned PVP. I mean, the gear available for ticket trade-in pales in comparison to epic or legendary gear that you find or is even less useful if you actually craft high level gear or drop crowns into boss treasure chests.

I think KI needs to put some updated gear out there. Oh, and crown shop gear too. That stuff ... no point in buying crowns for it.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
This seems almost a philosophical question to me, so it requires a good answer. PvP is almost like a real-life sport, and is fun for the same reasons but with a few bonuses. People are competitive. PvP allows them to test their power and skill in combat against the limitless variables of a human mind, rather then the strict parameters of an AI opponent. It lets them achieve status, and gives us max-levels something to do. PvP was originally intended, if I am not mistaken, to be a way of honing our skills, in case a magical foe ever arises that calls for our full potential. It has however, evolves far beyond that. Hope this helped :)

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I can't see any reason to participate in sanctioned PVP.
The reason I play PvP is because I really enjoy it.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
I agree with you! PvP just brings out the worst in people! Also this game has thier pvp all sorts of wrong thier is no competition if ur opponent outranks you in all fronts. To make it better it sould be an even match up also they sould make the rewards worth it.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
viperess9669 wrote:
I agree with you! PvP just brings out the worst in people! Also this game has thier pvp all sorts of wrong thier is no competition if ur opponent outranks you in all fronts. To make it better it sould be an even match up also they sould make the rewards worth it.
Sounds like you don't like PvP. I'd recommend doing PvE instead.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I PvP because its a great post-game activity and no one really uses the gear, just the look. PvP is supposed to be fun, not for personal gain.

Luke Lifesword
PvP Warlord

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
polygonwrangler wrote:
Feel free to call me out on this, but I can't see any reason to participate in sanctioned PVP. I mean, the gear available for ticket trade-in pales in comparison to epic or legendary gear that you find or is even less useful if you actually craft high level gear or drop crowns into boss treasure chests.

I think KI needs to put some updated gear out there. Oh, and crown shop gear too. That stuff ... no point in buying crowns for it.
you get bragging rights to call yourself a warlord if you are skilled enough.
P.S. it is ranked pvp not "sanctioned".

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
hanable33 wrote:
polygonwrangler wrote:

you get bragging rights to call yourself a warlord if you are skilled enough.
P.S. it is ranked pvp not "sanctioned".
It's both. The Ranked booth says Ranked in the pop-up, but in the Go To Arena screen says "Sanctioned" across the top.