Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Auction Items

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
As I quest through Zafaria, and to a lesser extent, Celestia, I have been noticing that the proportion of "no auction" items has increased dramatically. I get very few auctionable drops in Zafaria at all, and it seems my Life in Celestia is getting fewer than her older "siblings" did, as well. The upshot is that I have less gold for pet hatching and other things I enjoy, and more items to sell for virtually nothing or feed to my pet. I guess I just want to register my disappointment here--the gold price of items in ZF is very high, and the auctionable drops are much lower. Wish KI would reconsider and let us sell more of these items at the bazaar. It seems as though I am getting pretty much nothing of value as I quest at the higher levels these days. As a result of these and other changes, I am now playing much less frequently. :(

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Ugh I have been complaining about these stupid No Auction items for like a week now, and no one reads my topic or KI doesn't post it until it appears on the third page. I am very irritated at both the slowness of these Message Boards and No Auction items. Hopefully my topic shows up soon enough that you can read it, because I am being driven up the wall with this topic. I'm a level 50 using level 35 gear, and it's impossible! I should have way better stats then I do right now, but all the best and even decent equipment is No Auction! In my topic, I had three ideas to stop this, so here's a quick summary:

1. Remove No Auction label.
2. Have Bazaar have every thing in game, including reagents and pet snacks ect., but with a higher price. (To avoid abuse)
3. When you defeat an enemy, you can choose up to 3 of their items, and 5 for bosses, you automatically get gold, they have a certain amount of reagents but you can take however many you want from them, and you have to do a puzzle to get the rare items.

I know, my topic is slightly different, but I have seen so many like ours, that KI really should pay attention to us. If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if you could post on my topic once it shows up here.

-Daniel SoulWalker, Level 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Planeswalker1 wrote:
Ugh I have been complaining about these stupid No Auction items for like a week now, and no one reads my topic or KI doesn't post it until it appears on the third page. I am very irritated at both the slowness of these Message Boards and No Auction items. Hopefully my topic shows up soon enough that you can read it, because I am being driven up the wall with this topic. I'm a level 50 using level 35 gear, and it's impossible! I should have way better stats then I do right now, but all the best and even decent equipment is No Auction! In my topic, I had three ideas to stop this, so here's a quick summary:

1. Remove No Auction label.
2. Have Bazaar have every thing in game, including reagents and pet snacks ect., but with a higher price. (To avoid abuse)
3. When you defeat an enemy, you can choose up to 3 of their items, and 5 for bosses, you automatically get gold, they have a certain amount of reagents but you can take however many you want from them, and you have to do a puzzle to get the rare items.

I know, my topic is slightly different, but I have seen so many like ours, that KI really should pay attention to us. If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if you could post on my topic once it shows up here.

The bazaar does sell reagents and pet snacks, and you can also sell them there. I just thought i'd let you now.

For both of you: you can get major major major gold for pet snacks and rare reagents, so i'd give that a try.

Since i'm not that far in Celestia, and I haven't even set foot in Zafaria, I don't know how to rant about that, so I won't.

Hope I helped bunches(:

Tara Pixiedust Level 52 Ice
Melissa Battleblood Level 26 Life

Champion
May 03, 2011
If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if you could post on my topic once it shows up here.

Yes, I would be happy to. I am trying to figure out what they were thinking when they reduced the number of auctionable items so dramatically, and I guess there are two ways of looking at it. One is insidious--this makes people farm more and play more to get gold. But it's also more frustrating, and I guess I prefer not to imagine that it's some sort of corporate decision based on numbers rather than players. My suspicion is that the "no auction" items are supposed to be the higher-level gear that people will actually use. But I am a Legendary Artisan and I find the crafted stuff much more useful--the stats on the dropped gear are mostly unimpressive. And people who have Waterworks gear can attest to the fact that it's still better, even at level 70, than anything either dropped or crafted at that level. Bottom line: let us sell those drops! I have been feeding them to my pets, but they get pretty much nothing good--not even rare reagents, so it's kind of a waste. Here's hoping that KI will reconsider this issue soon!

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
*Sigh* I tried to post on this topic again, and the website wouldn't post it, even though it was perfectly fine. I was a bit angry, but it wasn't abusive or anything. Anyway...

Masonsgirl99, I do know that the bazaar sells pet snacks and reagents and equipment and furniture and etc., what I meant is that there is an infinite amount of the equipment and furniture and reagents and pet snacks and etc. and there is also every item in the game. (Which is why I said including pet snacks and reagents and etc., to say not to forget those) Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

Now, tabby714, for some reason that is alluding me, the website refused to post my topic - I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong, but my topic will probably be not be posted after this long. I've already re-written that topic around 5 times, so I really don't feel like doing it again just for it to be getting no attention or showing up quite a bit after I submit it on the third page. Maybe if I'm in a good mood I will re-write it, in which, please post. On the day of my original version of this, I had just spent either the last 2 or 3 hours farming the same boss over and over and over (I think I battled him around 25 times), with a stronger friend because as much as I don't want to say it, balance is a bit weak by itself. You know what happened? He got 3 Avalanche's Balanced Mantle - the hat I wanted and spent my precious time for - and he can't even use it. Now, you could say that at least I got some money from selling the equipment I didn't want - I barely got enough to get a decent amount of Cheese Broccoli. (For training my pet Hydra, who is almost Ancient) You can probably tell how irritated, sad, and angry I was by this. And yes, tabby714, the best equipment is usually No-Auction, and you can trust me because I study the equipment of the next level of equipment on the internet so I know what the best stuff is before I go to the bazaar to be disappointed. I really hope KI decides to try and fix this issue with my solutions, as any of them would make this a lot easier for people like you and me.

Historian
May 01, 2010
@Planeswalker1- You say that you already have a topic out there? Have you tried reposting on that topic, instead of making a completely new one? (dont think KI really likes reposting...)

Anyway, high level no auction gear usually can give your pet xp if you feed it to them, and can fetch a good price from vendors like Zeke.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
slammer111, I started with a topic in the Dorms, but because everyone has so many ideas, by the time it had been approved by the people who review it, it had been pushed to the third page - and no one looks at the third page. Then I tried posting a new topic about the same thing, and the same thing happened. Next I tried in the Ravenwood Commons, where it was either not approved or pushed back. (I can't remember exactly) The last time the same thing happened.

Ok, so that's 4 and not 5, but I estimated, so that's pretty close. Anyway, the point of this post is to say that it was a new topic every time. Unfortunately I'm definitely not trying to post my topic again today because it's already pretty late where I am and today has been quite tiring and stressful. :( I need to relax...

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
If the bazaar had everything then no one would spend money on hoard packs. I just wish we could maybe trade things besides treasure cards to other players. I have like three sets of the new boots from the kirin pack, guess my pet will end up eating them.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Planeswalker1 wrote:
slammer111, I started with a topic in the Dorms, but because everyone has so many ideas, by the time it had been approved by the people who review it, it had been pushed to the third page - and no one looks at the third page. Then I tried posting a new topic about the same thing, and the same thing happened. Next I tried in the Ravenwood Commons, where it was either not approved or pushed back. (I can't remember exactly) The last time the same thing happened.

Ok, so that's 4 and not 5, but I estimated, so that's pretty close. Anyway, the point of this post is to say that it was a new topic every time. Unfortunately I'm definitely not trying to post my topic again today because it's already pretty late where I am and today has been quite tiring and stressful. :( I need to relax...

I think you either missed my point, or proved it, what I was saying is you can post on your old topic, the first one, saying something like "bump" (yes, I have seen it on these forums before), instead of creating a whole new topic, in a part where it doesnt belong. See what I meant now?

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
towerfreak78, I guess you're right... unless the bazaar didn't have the hoard/pack items. Being able to trade all items would be a great idea! Would you mind if I used that in my topic towerfreak78?

And slammer111, from the first post you posted, it seemed like I shouldn't post on my topic because you said that KI doesn't like re-posting. Although I guess you could mean that in two different ways... anyway, thanks for clarifying for me. You know what they say - "Sometimes things get lost in translation". By the way, I do speak English. Just saying...

I've spent another good chunk of time farming for that hat - so far 4 hours total, and not a single hat. *Sigh* I might post my topic today, and if I do it will probably be in the Dorms.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Go sell your boots at the boot store in the shopping district, that's how I raise gold, no auction furniture sells at the furniture store in shopping district, pets sold at any clothing store.
towerfreak78 wrote:
If the bazaar had everything then no one would spend money on hoard packs. I just wish we could maybe trade things besides treasure cards to other players. I have like three sets of the new boots from the kirin pack, guess my pet will end up eating them.