Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thank You for Mirror Lake Changes

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 12, 2011
It had been way too easy. With the new changes I now have to heal and cast shields just to survive - I love it!

Also - others have siad the lvl 70 gear is now availble as rarer boss drops for the last fight in Mirror Lake. I farm there for pixie sticks but now I have another reason to camp the sigils!

Thanks KI - really appreciate it!

Now if you could just persuade you to increase the ice bugs starting health to 13,000+ hit points each - it would be evern more awesomer :-)

THANK YOU!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
mmm increase would be fun but
for newer folk entering that dungeon
it would make them not wanna do it
till they level up another 10 levels.

so i would have to nix that.

but if they increase say 1000 health
for everytime you revisited the dungeon
maybe then you might like it more.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Way too easy?

I would like to see increased mob and boss's health points, to where it would take a tad bit longer to fight, as Mirror Lake fights tend to be over in just a few rounds.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
AmericanHappy wrote:
It had been way too easy. With the new changes I now have to heal and cast shields just to survive - I love it!

Also - others have siad the lvl 70 gear is now availble as rarer boss drops for the last fight in Mirror Lake. I farm there for pixie sticks but now I have another reason to camp the sigils!

Thanks KI - really appreciate it!

Now if you could just persuade you to increase the ice bugs starting health to 13,000+ hit points each - it would be evern more awesomer :-)

THANK YOU!

I really dislike new changes, now Storm wizards die rapidly on the last fight.

We can't attack due to the high resistance so we have to wait to put converts, while we put the converts we end up dying.

The unfairness to Storm wizards goes on and on, thank goodness I have cancel my subscription.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Please, the game is not just for diviners, in case you hadn't noticed. The solution is to use shields, even if you don't want to. Strategy...

Qbb

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
The increase would be fun, but I think that'd make it too hard for some of the level 70s.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Those complaining about the new changes : Mirror Lake is a dungeon made for more than one player you know? Just cause you have trouble with the new changes doesn't mean your teammate will, get over it DG is filled with fire and death and I had to go through it. So stop complaining you're level 70 I'm amazed this is even considered a challenge for you.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Can Anyone Confirm that the level 70 gear is dropped in mirror lake????

Survivor
Jul 15, 2011
The changes made to Mirror Lake are wonderful, in my opinion. I like to farm the dungeon for pixie sticks at least 3 times whenever I'm online and to be honest it had gotten kind of easy. But with the new changes, I'm safe to say that there is more of a challenge. Though there's a downside too, and it seems like less people are willing to do runs now, for god knows what reason. Maybe for the reason of the new updates hmm...

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
Daviato wrote:

We can't attack due to the high resistance so we have to wait to put converts, while we put the converts we end up dying.

The unfairness to Storm wizards goes on and on, thank goodness I have cancel my subscription.

Sorry to say but it seems like you don't know how to use your wiz that well. In the last fight (in my opinion at least), the best thing for a storm is to load up on dispels and just spam them on the most dangerous looking spider every turn. Trust me you help out everyone way more than you would if you were trying to damage.

One of the best fight i have had with those spiders was with 2 storms who used that strategy. they dispelled the bosses while I, a myth and the other fire wizard were blading up. Needless to say it went mega smoothly.

I don't know why most people are so hell bent on hitting lol. you would get the snacks anyways. How is it unfair? Ice have their share of troubles too and i don't see a lot of them complaining.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
cant wait to try. it i have heard it is the original one so i am hoping it is more fun.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Here is the thing that is scary. A fight against 4 elite/boss storms and THEY get the very first turn, spamming Leviathan and Storm lord.....

No time to put up Storm shields. :-P

I think in this situation is where a Life wizard comes in extra handy!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
So rather then change the drop rate since it is being over farmed they increase the difficulty of it? As these dungeons become too hard for us regular wizards and totally exclude any text chat players, to run though they should just change them to optional so I can avoid them completely.

Put it on the list with Water Works, Briskbreeze, Marleybone Warehouse and Helephant Tower. Make Helephant Graveyard the end of the game since for now that is where my current wizards will retire. It would also be nice if they put "optional" on these quests when taken so my friends don't take them thinking they are needed and are offended when I tell them I don't have the quest and can't help them with it. I hate these things that totally exclude text chat players or any one that doesn't play the game to it's fullest ability. I have friends that seriously hate them selves because they don't play well enough to survive these things and end up doing them over and over again until they can go though them with others that are able to carry them a long.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I think these changes--and this dungeon--are/is fine for players with lots of friends at their same level, who quest during the busier times of the day. But I play at night, and have soloed most of the game as a result. There are a few people I know I can count on for help, but they are levels 55-65. They do not have this quest, and can't help me with it. Besides, I would need two or three of them at once, and that never happens. Result: I will not be able to finish the game, because this dungeon is too hard to do alone.

Larger result: I am getting frustrated, and somewhat bored--my two level 70's are essentially retired. Yeah, I know this happened at level 60, but at least then I knew I had completed the game. There was a sense of satisfaction. I did Trial of the Spheres with one other person both times, and it was no problem.

Much as I love aspects of this game, I am playing less and considering not playing at all. Please, KI, if you are going to increase the difficulty of the dungeon, at least make it possible for people to get help from more players. Let people port in, and reduce their experience points or something. I'm not asking you to help freeloaders, but please help players like me who have played by the rules and just want to finish. Not all of us have a ton of game friends we can call upon at any moment. Many of mine quit at level 60, bored by the long wait for content, and never came back. You really need to think about this issue of retaining players at the higher levels. The changes to this dungeon--and the no-porting rule--are not helpful to many of us, and do nothing to encourage us to stay.

Tabitha/Abigail

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
I stopped at mirror lake too, because of the changes. If they had kept it the way it was in test it would have been fine. I was able to do that. I too play mostly at night so end up playing alone. I normally use henchmen when I'm fighting bosses but can't do that here. I am basically not going to do it until my characters on my other accounts catch up to my main account. Most people don't have that option so they just quit.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
nagashiki wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Sorry to say but it seems like you don't know how to use your wiz that well. In the last fight (in my opinion at least), the best thing for a storm is to load up on dispels and just spam them on the most dangerous looking spider every turn. Trust me you help out everyone way more than you would if you were trying to damage.

One of the best fight i have had with those spiders was with 2 storms who used that strategy. they dispelled the bosses while I, a myth and the other fire wizard were blading up. Needless to say it went mega smoothly.

I don't know why most people are so hell bent on hitting lol. you would get the snacks anyways. How is it unfair? Ice have their share of troubles too and i don't see a lot of them complaining.

Seeing high damage numbers has such an effect on the ego of humans, that is just something the majority is hell bent on doing. Hitting. Same goes for the people in any mmo, or any game, really.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
nagashiki wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Well thanks for the suggestion! Didn't come to mind, srsly totally forgot about my dispels, maybe is more useful to use dispels on that battle.

Another thing, I know how to use my wizard, people shouldn't be criticizing if they haven't actually seeing anything.

Thanks again.