Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Novice Pet questions - combinations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Hello, I am new to Wizard101 and finally have a L50 with a Storm Hound (from Crown Shop) and a Stormzilla that I believe I got from my L48 quest reward.

I also have a couple of Rare pets from card packs with lots of Rare/Epic skill slots

I crossed my Stormzilla (Adult) and Storm Hound (Ancient) and only got another storm hound :(

my questions are this:

1. Can I cross pets crown pets or rare (card decks) pets any any level to get the new combination

2. my goal is to eventually get/cross so I can get Stormzilla- Malestrom do U use any helephant or does it have to be a specific Oni?

thank you!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Aethicus wrote:
Hello, I am new to Wizard101 and finally have a L50 with a Storm Hound (from Crown Shop) and a Stormzilla that I believe I got from my L48 quest reward.

I also have a couple of Rare pets from card packs with lots of Rare/Epic skill slots

I crossed my Stormzilla (Adult) and Storm Hound (Ancient) and only got another storm hound :(

my questions are this:

1. Can I cross pets crown pets or rare (card decks) pets any any level to get the new combination

2. my goal is to eventually get/cross so I can get Stormzilla- Malestrom do U use any helephant or does it have to be a specific Oni?

thank you!

first the crown pets dont i repeat dont have ANY hybrids

second ya want a maelstrom helephant the combo for that is simple ya said it
the helephant pet
ya can hatch with any helephant for the chance for hybrid with any level 48 pet

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
When you breed pets you will probably get a copy of the parent who has the lowest pedigree. Less commonly that pet could gain skills that the other parent would be able to learn. Rarely the offspring could be a copy of the higher pedigree pet. More rarely if you happen to breed two pets that can make a pedigree together, you could get a hybrid....
Understand, not all pets can make hybrids. The pets that can produce hybrids can only do so when paired with specific other pets.

For instance as far as anyone knows unicorns cannot make hybrids with imps. We do know that unicorns can be paired with the fire school's level 48 reward, the helephant. If you have a level 48 fire wizard and have done the appropriate quest you can breed your helephant with a unicorn....
and make at least nine more unicorns!!!
Seriously, I have read stories where people have hatched with the correct pair of pets, and keep getting copies of the parents, ten times, or twenty times... then finally the game decides to give them the hybrid pet. So after nine failures your fire wizard makes a nightmare! Nightmares are death school pets... They are more likely to learn skills that boost necromancy. Though it may still inherit random fire or life skills because of its parents.

All of the level 48 reward pets can make hybrids with another different level 48 reward pet. Actually getting the hybrid to appear is difficult. The other oni, jade or bronze, have no known hybrids

Hey! Maybe stormzilla and storm hound make a hybrid. If so, you will be the first person who finds out! If you are lucky, the hybrid may even be a storm type like its parents. You can expect to hatch quite a few times before a hybrid appears. A tip: adult pets cost less to breed than ancient or epic pets.
If that combination is unable to produce a hybrid together, well you will have a lot of dog and lizard pets to run around your dorm room.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
thanks for the reply and that really helps!

so a normal Jade Oni from the Crown shop or as a Card Pack drop will not work? bummer I just raised my Sea Dragon who has a lot of EPIC/RARE traits to Adult and also raised a Jade Oni to Adult who has a lot of Rare/Epics.

Last night I combined my Adult Jade Oni nad Sea Dragon, I got a Pyromantic Egg that takes 1 day to hatch, I should hatch in about 10 more hours (11pm Central).

I am assuming this will just inherit traits from both but not give me a hybrid?

I have a L50 Wizard with an Adult Stormzilla. I am raising my Fire wizard who should be L48-50 in a few more days. once I have my fire Helephant I will bread with my Stormzilla.

my question is can I move my stormzilla from my L50 to my L48 Fire Wizard so he can bread them? not sure on the rules of breading pets from different Wizards on SAME account.

thanks!

Daniel

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
You may move pets through the shared bank. A wizard can hatch pets he cannot equip.
Now, when you take a pet out of the shared bank you lose all of your pet energy. If you have any pets to train on that wizard it is best to train before you take the pet out of the bank.
If you don't want to hatch two pets you own. There are special circles on the floor of the hatchery. They look like the circles used to play the mini games.
Remember there is no known way to increase the chances of making a hybrid pet. Be prepared to spend a lot of gold over several days, because of duplicate pets.
In this case there are two hybrids possible, a purpleish helephant, or a firezilla. Hybrids can be equipped by any school, and again it is a toss up about whose skills it inherits. There are people who try to hatch for a specific hybrid, and when they manage to make a hybrid they, keep getting the other one...

as for the baby sea dragon (pyrotechnic egg means you got a fire pet) It may have inherited skills from the jade oni, or it may not.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Aethicus wrote:
thanks for the reply and that really helps!

so a normal Jade Oni from the Crown shop or as a Card Pack drop will not work? bummer I just raised my Sea Dragon who has a lot of EPIC/RARE traits to Adult and also raised a Jade Oni to Adult who has a lot of Rare/Epics.

Last night I combined my Adult Jade Oni nad Sea Dragon, I got a Pyromantic Egg that takes 1 day to hatch, I should hatch in about 10 more hours (11pm Central).

I am assuming this will just inherit traits from both but not give me a hybrid?

I have a L50 Wizard with an Adult Stormzilla. I am raising my Fire wizard who should be L48-50 in a few more days. once I have my fire Helephant I will bread with my Stormzilla.

my question is can I move my stormzilla from my L50 to my L48 Fire Wizard so he can bread them? not sure on the rules of breading pets from different Wizards on SAME account.

thanks!

Daniel

ya can move them via the shared bank however a school only pet quests pets like the level 48 and 58 pets can only be equiped by the corrosponding wizard
like helephant cant be equipped by storm
and kraken cant be equipped by life

however ya can still breed them in the hatchery despite unable to equip the pet that is a specific school only

just say if ya have any more questions

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Thanks everyone, this has been great.

I now have a L49 Fire with Adult Helaphant and L50 Storm with Adult Stomrzilla. I moved the zilla to my Fire Wizard and have bred them twice and so far keep getting a copy of my Fire Helaphant. I did note that one copy was 54() instead of 53(). not sure why but interesting.

I will keep breading them and see what I get.

on the circles in the middle that look like mini games, those are for breading with a random person? when I stand on them it pickted two adult pets I had in my pack.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
Aethicus wrote:
Thanks everyone, this has been great.

I now have a L49 Fire with Adult Helaphant and L50 Storm with Adult Stomrzilla. I moved the zilla to my Fire Wizard and have bred them twice and so far keep getting a copy of my Fire Helaphant. I did note that one copy was 54() instead of 53(). not sure why but interesting.

I will keep breading them and see what I get.

on the circles in the middle that look like mini games, those are for breading with a random person? when I stand on them it pickted two adult pets I had in my pack.

The sigils in the middle are for hatching with yourself, while the ones on the sides are for hatching with a different player.

Hope this helped,
Angel, 52 storm grandmaster PET FANATIC

Defender
Mar 11, 2011