Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Undocumented Icon +1 pip

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Some of the wands show an icon that didn't make sense to me. It's associated with a number like "Plus One", or +1. I researched the Help tab in my wizard manual, but found no explanation.

Another source defined it to mean that the wand provides an extra Pip at the beginning of battle. That explanation makes sense, but until it's in the Help section or User's Manual, it someone's best guess.

Is this icon defined somewhere?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It isn't a guess for me. When I equip a wand, with one of those +1 icons in its stats, I start all of my battles with an additional pip. (with this icon the extra pip will never be a power pip)
If I equip a wand with a +1 power pip icon; I always start battles with an additional power pip. (the extra pip provided by this wand will always be a power pip.
If I go wandless, or if I equip a wand without one of those icons, my wizard starts the battle with only one pip, or one power pip depending on his power pip percentage.

You may have noticed people joining your battles, who immediately have two pips on their first round... You can trust that I am not lying to you, that I have reached level 61 without imagining extra pips.

or:

I suppose you could be deciding on weather or not to buy a crown shop wand with one of these icons... Well if you wait to level thirty or so, in game wands, with +1 pip icons, can be bought at the bazaar for gold. Equip one of these to your wizard, and get in a fight, and you will be able to see for yourself.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
This means the wand will give one more Pip or Powerpip at the begining of a battle. If you start with the pip from your wand and then you also get a powerpip at the begining, then a Sorcerer could do 300 damage with Judgement right off the bat!

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
The operative term in my original post is "undocumented". If this is documented in the user manual, I want to know where. If not, I would hope to hear from Kings Isle that they appreciate my suggestion that it be documented.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Grimely wrote:
The operative term in my original post is "undocumented". If this is documented in the user manual, I want to know where. If not, I would hope to hear from Kings Isle that they appreciate my suggestion that it be documented.

The Power Pip icon is documented in the Icon Dictionary in your in-game help guide. It is under the "?" tab of your spell book (page 2). A regular pip is not in the icon dictionary. However, I too could not find any documentation that explains that certain gear gives a certain number of pips at the start of a duel. Only documentation that explains the process of obtaining power pips in the course of a duel.

"Players receive a PIP each turn of the duel. PIPs are represented by small white dots along the front inside arc of the sigil that the player is standing in. If the PIP is a Power PIP, it should be glowing brighter and yellow.
Power PIPs count as TWO PIPS towards spells in your main school of focus.
Players are eligible to receive Power PIPs after level 10. You can increase your chance of receiving Power PIPS with certain clothing and jewelry. "

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
... I too could not find any documentation that explains that certain gear gives a certain number of pips at the start of a duel. Only documentation that explains the process of obtaining power pips in the course of a duel.

I agree, while clothing and jewelry do increase the chance of getting a power Pip, the at the start of the game qualification is not documented.

I hope it will be someday.

Thank you for this post.