Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzle Rates Homogenized

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
From a Storm Wizard's point of view, hetero-fizzle rates are not necessary as the balance of the game is portrayed through the health and stats of the given school of magic. If not completely homogenized, they need to be at least more closely grouped.
Logic Behind the Argument:
My storm wizard is a level 42 and has 1,700 health (exactly). This is incredibly low for the level as is understandable as storm has the lowest base and stat health in the game. Not only that, our defensive capabilities are next to zero, in fact our only defense is blitzkrieg. Blitzkrieg is rarely ever effective in duels against other schools of magic simply because it's a turn base game and we can't do enough damage to overcome nearly any other type of wizard in this lightning warfare strategy. Drawing it out hardly makes it any better because we're faced with numerous shields, offensive minions, and etc. to overcome.
So with a disadvantage in health and defense, having a major disadvantage in accuracy is going a bit too far. Accuracy should be the same (or closely grouped) among all the schools of magic as it is bad enough already to rely on luck of the draw, but to rely luck with accuracy in some critical situations is flat out unwanted.
Suggested Hetero-Fizzle Rates (Lowest to Highest):
Storm-87%
Fire-87.5%
Ice-88%
Balance-88.5%
Myth-89%
Death-89.5%
Life-90%

Suggested Homo-Fizzle Rates:
85% or 87%

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
I think the accuracy levels should be like this:

Storm: 75%
Fire: 75%
Ice: 80%
Life: 90%
Death: 85%
Myth: 80%
Balance: 85%

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
DouDou123 wrote:
I think the accuracy levels should be like this:

Storm: 75%
Fire: 75%
Ice: 80%
Life: 90%
Death: 85%
Myth: 80%
Balance: 85%

The only thing you raised up was Storm's, (I'm guessing accidental) and I see your point, you want the fizzle rates to stay the same :D
Nice one.