Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New level 70 ice gear. What a joke!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I was wondering why the new ice gear has such terrible stats. I mean come on! Only 773 health!? Everyone gets more than that unless it's storm! And only 20% resistance and 15% stun resistance and 150 block!? What kind of joke is this? Ice is supposed to be the most defensive school, but they don't have many defensive things with this gear, with the exception of critical block. on top of all this, there is NOTHING offensive for this gear! No critical, no attack power, no accuracy, no pierce, no ANYTHING! Waterworks gear for ice is WAY better. Sorry thaumaturges, but you got cheated with this new gear, no offense to KI.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I was wondering why the new ice gear has such terrible stats. I mean come on! Only 773 health!? Everyone gets more than that unless it's storm! And only 20% resistance and 15% stun resistance and 150 block!? What kind of joke is this? Ice is supposed to be the most defensive school, but they don't have many defensive things with this gear, with the exception of critical block. on top of all this, there is NOTHING offensive for this gear! No critical, no attack power, no accuracy, no pierce, no ANYTHING! Waterworks gear for ice is WAY better. Sorry thaumaturges, but you got cheated with this new gear, no offense to KI.

The level 70 gear may be bad, but look at the Ice level 66 gear, insane resist to Fire and Storm, and 55% universal.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
All the new level 70 gear is a joke, and trust me if they were top of ww gear they would not be in crown shop.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Sorry thaumaturges, but you got cheated with this new gear
At least ice got some good crafted gear with Zafaria. No other school got anything at all decent to craft.

I don't see any appeal in the Level 70 crown gear, regardless of school. :-(

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
In my opinion, Ice isn't the only victim. If you didn't notice, all the Level 70 gear isn't even half as good as the Level 60 gear. While the dispels are nice, they only help against one school, and the stats aren't good. Since this is Crowns stuff, though, i'm sure a dungeon with more gear is on the way.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
I hate to tell you this but all the level 70 gear is kind of bad, but I think Kingsisle has a good reason for that. (Probably because they where making us to powerful to quickly, but that's just my theory.)

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
I completely agree. I am very disappointed with this gear. I mean come on, the LVL 70 gearf for storm does no do nearly as much damage as the LVL 60 gear, it only increases our Crit. rating, and the new wand (while it does look cool) does not necessarily have apealling stats. I would have preferred something better. These are just my thoughts.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I agree, this gear is less than half the power of the other schools, it gives the ice wizards such little life that there is no point in using it at all, plus no resist compared to ww gear. I feel that Ice should have critical and attack given the little damage already from there spells. I really dislike the choice of KI to make Ice gear so pointless, This may drive me to stopping the game completely if KI doesnt improve Ice gear now or in later levels. Ice has no chance in hard battles or pvp with this. Everyone must agree Ice deserves more.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I was seriously SHOCKED when I looked at the new ice gear. I did buy some sets for a few of my wizards but ice is horrible. Why would anyone even buy it? Do you think they made an error or something?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I was surprised to see how awful all of the level 70 gear is. Especially since it costs actual cash. I won't be buying any of it for any of my wizards, I can tell you that. :-(

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Yes. All level 70 gear is a big joke.

It appears that KI is trying to downgrade our wizards. If this keeps up, I see a lot of players dropping their subs. I have seen some posts to that effect already.

Sorry KI, I am not spending money for crowns to buy any of the new gear. I have better things to spend it on.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Strange that balance has the highest health for robe... Maybe they are gonna start being like ice o.o

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
I think the lvl 70 gear is there for players who did not want to do the WW grind. I think it's a good option too.

If you have the time and inclination you can keep going through WW for the gear.

Incidently - the new lvl 70 stuff is available as a boss drop on Mirror Lake. So if you don't want to spend the crowns on gear you consider inferior - why not farm mirror lake for drops and pixie sticks?

See you at the lake!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
So let's just throw this out there:

If there was no Waterworks gear, would any of you still hate the current level 70 gear? Say you never knew waterworks gear, that it didn't even exist. Would any of you still really dislike the level 70 gear?

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
all lvl 70 gear is a waste ww all the way it is better i predict we might have a transcended only dungeon soon but crown shop gear is for people who dont want to spend hours with waterworks to get gear. The only good thing in crown shop is lifeforce blade some lower lvl stuff barely and the new axe is ok

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
codastar wrote:
Strange that balance has the highest health for robe... Maybe they are gonna start being like ice o.o
I remember when Ice was the only school with universal resistance and now everyone has it. Schools like storm and fire have nearly the same resistance as us now. It makes me feel insignificant.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I honestly dont think this is the 70 gear this is just crown gear which has been horrid since the old orginal zeke left.

There will probably be another side world where we will have to endure noob mobs until we get a chance to kill ourselves getting the official 70 gear, rings and Athames. I actually looking forward to the massive cheats.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Colourado wrote:
codastar wrote:
I remember when Ice was the only school with universal resistance and now everyone has it. Schools like storm and fire have nearly the same resistance as us now. It makes me feel insignificant.
Maybe all the others have it, but don't worry. Ice can still attain the highest natural defense, and that opens many a strategic door for you :-D .

Survivor
May 30, 2010
One word to describe the new Lv.70 Ice Gear is pathetic. . When i saw the post for new level 70 ice gear i was super excited even though i'm not level 70. At first i was surprised when i saw the gear and asked myself " How and more importantly why would they make such terrible gear for level 70 wizards? " i would understand if it were bought by gold but when you are spending real money for something it better be worth buying. I hope that kings isle will make this right by fixing our gear or giving us an amazing level 78 spell. Overall i am highly disappointed with kings isle and wizard 101 for making this gear. Ice wizards are being cheated by buying this gear.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
Not just STATS but the appearance of all new gear itself!!! UGH! It looks elfish not stunning & hot looking! I think designs could have been much better. :x
Autumn Ravenheart

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I Totally Agree! I was looking at Level 70 Ice Gear and I'm like "And this is a crown item?!"
Thats why I farmed for The Level 68+ Gear from Gheruld in the Elephant Graveyard... WAY BETTER! Only thing that sucks is no Accuracy, Bad resist, and bad boost unlike waterworks. But you get HIGH HIGH HIGH Critical and Block Ratings, And the gear gives you 1,000+ health. And if you also farm for the Ice Athame & Ring for level 68+ from Gheruld, You'd have 5,000+ health... And higher things, Just search it on WizardCentral if you would like to check it out!

but i'm serious about level 70 gear sucking... Who are they trying to fool?! I'd rather have the stats then those cards they gave us >.<

So Dear Wizard101, I would like Better Resist, Better Boosts, and Acuracy, Good Critical Ratings, Life Boosts, and a WAY BETTER Health and Mana in my Level 70 Gear.

I'm Level 70 ain't I?

Explorer
May 17, 2009
I agree! The LVL 60 and LVL 70 gear were both a mistake, kinda. Even though the LVL 60 gear is great, it was too powerful, and now they are trying to drowngrade our clothes. Ever look at ZF gear, LVL 68 to be exact, they upgraded health and critical, but left out a huge thing, universal block. Its all storm and fire, or ice and life, or something like that, I am a fire, and very disapponted.
_______________________________________________________Sorry KI.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
All the level 70 gear is a fail... The ww gear is still the best with the exception of boots in my opinion.. No crit on the boots, come on KI...... And now a new world I hope the gear will be improved if not the disappointment will continue for all high level wizards. We need improved gear stats period... End game stats were disappointing in the WW set and all sets... And the best ring and athame in game for balance.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
malt22 wrote:
Sorry thaumaturges, but you got cheated with this new gear
At least ice got some good crafted gear with Zafaria. No other school got anything at all decent to craft.

I don't see any appeal in the Level 70 crown gear, regardless of school. :-(

I have to disagree with the other schools not having anything decent. Just because other schools don't have the same amount of universal resistance that Ice has means nothing. Ice is The Tank of the game so it the highest amount of universal resistance makes a lot of sense.

On my Myth, I crafted the Savannah Dreams Headwrap*, Great Adventurer's Epic Coat, Ice Croc's Heavy Waders (gives +5% universal resist and +79 universal Block) and the Stellar Signet (a level 58+ CL-themed ring). I kept my Garnet Bear Claw and my final stats are:

43% Myth Damage boost
35% Resistance to Life and Death, 17% Resistance to all the other Schools
14% Myth Accuracy boost (results in a 91% accuracy overall)
170 Critical
158 Critical Block to Life and Death, 107 Block to the other Schools
71% Power Pip chance
29% Healing In, 28% Healing Out (57% overall heal boost)
*Because of the hat, I get a Spirit Blade IC...add my Shango's Mythblade Amulet to the mix...can you say, "More power"?

Even though I've lost 16% damage boost, my Critical rating's so high that it really doesn't matter to me anymore. A Vengeance is much more useful to me now than it has ever been. Sometimes I Critical twice in a row with the Vengeance still active (and I would even with an active Amplify or Berserk)!

CorbinW wrote:
So let's just throw this out there:

If there was no Waterworks gear, would any of you still hate the current level 70 gear? Say you never knew waterworks gear, that it didn't even exist. Would any of you still really dislike the level 70 gear?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I would. Why? Because the level 70 gear is just abysmal in the fact that for Icers, even though they get tons of Critical Block and 20% universal resist, they get no damage or accuracy boost, and I think that their health boost is lower than usual as well, but hey, at least you can get two Ice Hound ICs right? And I had been checking to see if at least one piece the Sly Rouge Attire (the Myth level 70 clothes) would be worth me using but no. Comparing it to my level 66+ crafted ZF gear, it's terrible. It offers less Critical, no Block, less of a damage boost, and no accuracy. And if the level 80+ gear's stats resembles the level "70+" Crowns gear in any way, I will be one mad wizardess.

And by the by, the level 65+ Crowns gear is a joke too. The stats seem more suited to a level 45+ or 50+ wizard than a level 65+ one.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
James152 wrote:
I agree, this gear is less than half the power of the other schools, it gives the ice wizards such little life that there is no point in using it at all, plus no resist compared to ww gear. I feel that Ice should have critical and attack given the little damage already from there spells. I really dislike the choice of KI to make Ice gear so pointless, This may drive me to stopping the game completely if KI doesnt improve Ice gear now or in later levels. Ice has no chance in hard battles or pvp with this. Everyone must agree Ice deserves more.

Yes all lvl 70 gear is not worth it, but ice wiz shouldnt complain. Ice usualy has the MOST health. Not to mention that ice got a hit all spell at lvl 60 even though they had one at lvl 50. Ice wiz get pretty good gear too. If anything changes should be made for myth wizs. I beleive they were cheated. They should have gotten a hit all spell and continue the pattern like the rest of the schools. (hit all, hit one, hit all) Not to mention myth barley has any good hit all spells. They should have gotten one at lvl 60, and i beleive they still have not gotten one at lvl 70...... Myth keeps getting cheated off. Ice seems to get more powerful. But I am just a PYROmancer (Fire), and these are my thoughts. (just so you know im not myth or ice blabbering xD)