Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

shield...Shield...SHIELD!? Your PvP nightmare

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Has it ever happened to anyone that they're dueling someone under their level (it was ranked, not by choice) and you don't get any shields for six turns, only heals and high pip attacks. In the meantime, the other player is casting traps, blades, and is getting power pip after power pip... So of course there you are, five turns into a ranked match, five pips, no shields, you can finally use a rank 6 spell, only to be one hit by the other guy...?

That's mine, what's yours?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Yes :( that's happened before. That's my main reason for carrying two treasure towers at all times. The worst part though is when you are faked out by traps, only to see that the attack planned wasn't a single strike but a damage over time spell like skeletal dragon. Death likes to play that. If you are going second, there is not much you can do to block something like that.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Zezick wrote:
Has it ever happened to anyone that they're dueling someone under their level (it was ranked, not by choice) and you don't get any shields for six turns, only heals and high pip attacks. In the meantime, the other player is casting traps, blades, and is getting power pip after power pip... So of course there you are, five turns into a ranked match, five pips, no shields, you can finally use a rank 6 spell, only to be one hit by the other guy...?

The story of my PvP career ...

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Storm is doomed to face shields, so I have a hard time. However, when my pet cooperates, a little surprise called Storm Beetle appears. I clear out the shields and land a devastating blow :-D . But more on topic:

My worst nightmare is fighting an Ice Warlord in Ranked 1v1, when i'm going second. Reasons are obvious I:.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Zezick wrote:

That used to happen to me but I trained weakness and put the max amount in my deck, 6 tc weakness in sideboard and 2 tc towers. Stack both kind of weakness if its going to be a DoT, it'll be the same as a tc tower (55%). If its going to be a regular attack then use your tower. Hope this helps.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
my worst nightmare in pvp, definetly those nooby insane bolters it only hits them like 20 percent of the time, and they can use it on their 1st turn!

Survivor
May 01, 2010
defiantly the Non-storms with insane bolt... but i have won a few when they kill themselves.