Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polymorph Idea: Mimicmorph

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
I had idea of a polymorph that turns you into your opponent and have all there stats, and cards. But since its a powerful morph its only for 4 rounds.

Defender
May 01, 2011
awesome this would be awesome to change to morganthe when battling her!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
watsupdog111 wrote:
I had idea of a polymorph that turns you into your opponent and have all there stats, and cards. But since its a powerful morph its only for 4 rounds.
I can laready see this being abused, and misused, both resulting in complaints:

Abuse:
A skillful Level 1 is paired against a new-to-PvP Transcended. The Novice has in his possession this spell in Treasure Card form. He casts it, and defeats his opponent with his own spell, causing him to lose over 50 points of ranking. He complains on Message Boards.

Misuse:
A Myth Wizard who is good with his school is fighting a Life Wizard. He casts the spell, hoping to win easily, but instead becomes a school he has no skill whatsoever playing as. He loses easily and complains.

Summary: These, combined with trolls and clowns who would purposefully swap roles with a Wizard of, um, a slightly different nature, would add up against the favor of this spell. While it sounds interesting and unique, this could easily destroy PvP. Sorry.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
This is why i said 4 rounds only maybe it should be even lowered to 3 if that suits you

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
Pros: You could have more health, unlimited mana, and many new spells. You would be equal to your enemy.

Cons: Enemies have a large card supply. What if you were in a double battle with two different enemies? Would it be your choice? If you Polymorph into a boss, it would be sorta unfair.

Ideas: I think instead of 4 rounds, it should have the usual 6 rounds but it would cost X pips, depending on the Rank of the monster you wanna turn into, e.g. Rank 6 Life costs 6 pips to Polymorph.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
This just makes the game 10x easier and makes PvP 10x more hostile.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Alright lets be realistic IF this was in the game, of course the treasure card would be banned and only the trained card can be used. Additionally it requires to train the other polymorph's back from celestia, since the other polymorphs are worthless to legends and transcendeds why not make something worth there training pips?.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
This just makes the game 10x easier and makes PvP 10x more hostile.

Actually, since Bosses resist their own school and they never carry any converts, all you would do in casting this polymorph is defeat yourself.

Although, I do agree, it would make PvP more hostile and the complaints would never end.