Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Convert Charm (Blade) needed KI!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, with time, comes new power and ideas.

Now is the perfect time, for a 1 or 2 pip convert charm. Where your spell is converted to the opposite school. This will work wonders for battles against mobs that are all of the same school. Instead of having to use 4 rounds to place a convert, you can cast a convert charm that will change the spell for all enemies.

Please take this idea into consideration KI.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
creative but then your original spell cant use that blade then, they would have to use a treasure card that matches the converted blade.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
So a prism in charm form? Sure, but what about Sorcerers? We don't even have a prism to begin with.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
So a prism in charm form? Sure, but what about Sorcerers? We don't even have a prism to begin with.

Yeah? What about Sorcerers?

Did Sorcerers not get Dispel Elemental & Spiritul spells during the Wintertusk Update? Is that not 2 spells to all other schools 1?

Not everything has to be about the Balance school... I am sure, if KI decides to give Balance a convert, they might make a convert from Elemental to Spiritual or Vise Versa.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Maybe get a Balance only blade? For Balance DAMAGE only.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I posted a for a "prism blade" twice.

For those concerned about this not activating with your other blades:
Put this particular blade up last. The rule still applies to charms and wards.

If you put a prism trap on then a prism blade, of course the trap will be ignored because the blade will activate first. You know the order of activation for wards and charms. This type of addition would not pose any major problems for most people.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Did Sorcerers not get Dispel Elemental & Spiritul spells during the Wintertusk Update? Is that not 2 spells to all other schools 1?

Not everything has to be about the Balance school... I am sure, if KI decides to give Balance a convert, they might make a convert from Elemental to Spiritual or Vise Versa.

Dude, what's your problem? I just pointed out that this doesn't work out for Balance. Jeez. Yes, we did get Elemental and Spiritual Defuse, but they're useless since they're 5 pips per spell, by the time they're available a lot of monsters' attacks are school-specific, and you have to compete an entire side world for the spells. Anyway, your tantrum didn't solve the problem. Again, what does Balance get?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:

I sure as heck hope not! That'd be pretty unfair. Everyone gets a prism charm and we get a lousy Balance-specific blade? Why do people even want this?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Dude, what's your problem? I just pointed out that this doesn't work out for Balance. Jeez. Yes, we did get Elemental and Spiritual Defuse, but they're useless since they're 5 pips per spell, by the time they're available a lot of monsters' attacks are school-specific, and you have to compete an entire side world for the spells. Anyway, your tantrum didn't solve the problem. Again, what does Balance get?

Omg, Balance doesn't get squat. Balance gets and gets and gets! Balance does not need a convert, there is NO shield for balance. So, while all the other schools get a convert blade, Balance will get what they deserve, Nothing!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I sure as heck hope not! That'd be pretty unfair. Everyone gets a prism charm and we get a lousy Balance-specific blade? Why do people even want this?

Is it fair that Balance can use a blade to boost any other school damage?Exactly why Balance should get a Balance only blade there. Many people are going to think that prism blades are useless, and same as the Balance only blade. Not every spell has to suit every wizard. Just as nothing CAN suit everyone to their needs.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Is it fair that Balance can use a blade to boost any other school damage?Exactly why Balance should get a Balance only blade there. Many people are going to think that prism blades are useless, and same as the Balance only blade. Not every spell has to suit every wizard. Just as nothing CAN suit everyone to their needs.

I had nothing to do with that decision, but it only makes sense with Balance's fighting style. We're team players and we're the only school that has attacks outside of our school, so we need a blade that tailors to our needs. Now what I don't get is why would you want to give us a Balance-specific blade? That just gives us more charms for attacks like Ra, Power Nova, and everyone's favorite, Judgment. Also, many people have expressed a need for a prism charm and it would be a lot more useful than the prism trap we have now, so who would really think they're useless?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Omg, Balance doesn't get squat. Balance gets and gets and gets! Balance does not need a convert, there is NO shield for balance. So, while all the other schools get a convert blade, Balance will get what they deserve, Nothing!

We deserve nothing. Okay then. I don't know where your disdain for Balance is coming from, but it would really be unfair if they give us nothing. Sorcerers would have a field day with this! And we do need a prism charm (or at least a prism trap) because Balance monsters have very strong resistance to their own school. There's only so many Hydras and now Chimeras I can launch at a monster before I run out. I don't get why everyone always pulls the "Balance has no shield" card. That doesn't justify leaving Balance out of everything; that just makes you look pathetic that you would take such a cheap shot at us.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

We deserve nothing. Okay then. I don't know where your disdain for Balance is coming from, but it would really be unfair if they give us nothing. Sorcerers would have a field day with this! And we do need a prism charm (or at least a prism trap) because Balance monsters have very strong resistance to their own school. There's only so many Hydras and now Chimeras I can launch at a monster before I run out. I don't get why everyone always pulls the "Balance has no shield" card. That doesn't justify leaving Balance out of everything; that just makes you look pathetic that you would take such a cheap shot at us.

Can balance not attack with Elemental attacks? Can Balance not attack with spiritual attack? Do these attacks not get Balance's Boost? Does Balance have a shield?

When every other school gets 1 spell, balance got 2 spells. When every other school gets shields to either Elemental, if Fire, Ice, or Storm, or a spiritual shield if Death, Life, or Myth, Balance gets shields to all schools.

Balance seems to want, want, want, but constantly complains about other schools getting anything, and then want to say what is fair and not fair?

Now, there is Armor Piercing, which goes right through resistance for those Balance monsters and Bosses, which don't even have a balance shield to begin with. How much more Overpowered would you like to make Balance to all other schools?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I had nothing to do with that decision, but it only makes sense with Balance's fighting style. We're team players and we're the only school that has attacks outside of our school, so we need a blade that tailors to our needs. Now what I don't get is why would you want to give us a Balance-specific blade? That just gives us more charms for attacks like Ra, Power Nova, and everyone's favorite, Judgment. Also, many people have expressed a need for a prism charm and it would be a lot more useful than the prism trap we have now, so who would really think they're useless?

Maybe because their Fireblades wouldn't work or something like that I guess.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Hmm, you think Balance just gets and gets and gets? Let's see, they didn't get anything from their Zafarian gear. Chimera isn't really a very strategic spell. We lost damage boost with waterworks gear from level 58 gear. The Judgement pet is utterly useless. So, does Balance deserve nothing? We already got nothing at level 22. OOh, a Power Play, hooray. Spirit and Elemental Defuse are wastes of pips because your enemy would use a lower rank spell then 5. Hooray, another waste. Ra is seriously out of choice because of Power Nova, hooray. Get your own Balance wizard and see how much we "gain". I can list you everything that's a waste to Balance, or at least sometimes a waste:

Until level 50, Sandstorm
Elemental & Spiritual Defuse
Power Play
Spirit OR Elemental Shield is more like it in 1v1, so the 1 takes up space in your deck so you have to spend an extra time for discarding
Ra is much worse then Power Nova at most occasions
The Judgement pet is lame unless hatched
The Hydra pet didn't even reach my needs when I reached level 48, I had a much better pet thanks to wizard101 gift cards :-D
Zafarian gear was MOSTLY a waste for Balance, trust me, I should know

Balance doesn't always gain, and if they did, then guess what! Every level you gain something, that happens in every single game right? So even if we gain, (We didn't really gain anything since the last 20 levels except for waterworks gear, health, and spells, which are useless at times) what's so bad about it?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I don't see the point of this. Every school, except the aforementioned Balance, gets prism. Use it. I really don't need another spell that would do the same thing taking up space in my unused cards. sorry

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

AHA! that proves you have something against balance therefore your not asking for a balance shield to balance the game, its because you don't like them and your losing to them.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Hmm, you think Balance just gets and gets and gets? Let's see, they didn't get anything from their Zafarian gear. Chimera isn't really a very strategic spell. We lost damage boost with waterworks gear from level 58 gear. The Judgement pet is utterly useless. So, does Balance deserve nothing? We already got nothing at level 22. OOh, a Power Play, hooray. Spirit and Elemental Defuse are wastes of pips because your enemy would use a lower rank spell then 5. Hooray, another waste. Ra is seriously out of choice because of Power Nova, hooray. Get your own Balance wizard and see how much we "gain". I can list you everything that's a waste to Balance, or at least sometimes a waste:

Until level 50, Sandstorm
Elemental & Spiritual Defuse
Power Play
Spirit OR Elemental Shield is more like it in 1v1, so the 1 takes up space in your deck so you have to spend an extra time for discarding
Ra is much worse then Power Nova at most occasions
The Judgement pet is lame unless hatched
The Hydra pet didn't even reach my needs when I reached level 48, I had a much better pet thanks to wizard101 gift cards :D
Zafarian gear was MOSTLY a waste for Balance, trust me, I should know

Balance doesn't always gain, and if they did, then guess what! Every level you gain something, that happens in every single game right? So even if we gain, (We didn't really gain anything since the last 20 levels except for waterworks gear, health, and spells, which are useless at times) what's so bad about it?

Just because some of these spells might be a waste to you JouJou, does not mean that a good player does not make full use of them.

Sandstorm is a waste until level 50? Enchant Sandstorm with Monstrous sometime, after you get it at level 16. That adds in another 175 damage to the attack, hmm, what stands in Balances way then?

Powerplay, at the time it gets the spell, it is quite handy. Especially since Mander donates power to you all the time, it is easy to cast powerplay and effectively get power pips at low level 100% of the time. So, try again!

Judgment pet, Casting universal dispels. This is a gamble, but so is other spells like insane bolt that can backfire and instantly take yourself out. Whereas Dispels can considerably help you or not, but can never backfire.

Chimera, is a spell that utilizes Spiritual attacks. Is quite powerful if boosted correctly. Ever try a Spiritual Blade Treasure and Spiritual Blade?
Then cast an Infallible treasure card and boost this attack with Colossal and see how pitiful your spell really is. I think you will find it is much more powerful than you or any of the Balance players want to admit.

Enough about your lack of spell use, which is pointless, considering it is a, you may not like it or use it, but others can, will, and do.

Now, on to your talk about gear and new things.

Armor Piercing, let's talk about that, shall we?

20% armor piercing from infallible = 3% armor piercing from new wand

23% armor piercing and no shield against balance attacks

Now add in 275 Colossal Boost

And to think, Balance got nothing? really?

Balance gets plenty, problem is, they want to keep complaining and crying.

Balance does not need a convert, especially since there is no possible shield. Now, if there was a possible shield, then maybe give them a possible convert from spiritual to elemental or elemental to spiritual. But without a balance shield, no way would it ever to be necessary to give them any type of convert.

Now, back to the convert charm, as that is what this post is about. It converts all targets at 1 time, not taking 4 rounds to convert each target individually, since someone said they don't understand why it would be needed.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

AHA! that proves you have something against balance therefore your not asking for a balance shield to balance the game, its because you don't like them and your losing to them.

It proves nothing and I have nothing against Balance.

I am trying to keep Balance in the game, not have Balance too overpowered.
Again, if you actually read my messages thoroughly, you will understand my meaning.

I don't lose to balance, I do though, have enough foresight and common sense to see that with Armor Piericing and Enchantments that a Balance shield will be Required. One of these days, the rest of the Wizard community will also realize this, when you all catch up to me.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
watsupdog111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

dude, calm down. Not everything is a war between schools.

and i thought about this before, and I think it would be nice when trying to hit the damage cap with an ice beetle or other low rank spell, which i do in my spare time.
you could cast, get ice and generic blades, convert, use fire blades, use fire traps, convert again, use generic and ice traps.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

and you have reshuffle, 3 more spells than my school, 4 possible minions, including mine and two others, and you are complaining. It sounds like you don't like being balance. Show some school spirit. my school, ice, has a spell that literally replaces their previous armor, so really we have 29 spells to your 33. now i love my school, but you make it sound like yours is terrible.

Survivor
May 25, 2010
I really dont get the difference..........................................why not use prisms?I dont get it. Please someone explain.

Andrew Legendstaff Lvl38 Life/Myth

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Ok, with time, comes new power and ideas.

Now is the perfect time, for a 1 or 2 pip convert charm. Where your spell is converted to the opposite school. This will work wonders for battles against mobs that are all of the same school. Instead of having to use 4 rounds to place a convert, you can cast a convert charm that will change the spell for all enemies.

Please take this idea into consideration KI.
Yeah, but the only thing is, they have the same thing already, only in prism form.

Ian Crowrider
Magus (Level 34)
Sorcerer

Historian
May 01, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Dont think the charm prism will work, because of hydra and chimera, going out balance damage, but doing corresponding damage. But a convert trap could work like, converting randomly to life death or myth (saying they boost balance), much like it decides spectral blast.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Can balance not attack with Elemental attacks? Can Balance not attack with spiritual attack? Do these attacks not get Balance's Boost? Does Balance have a shield?

Do you really expect me to lug around 5 Hydras and Chimeras in anticipation of fighting Balance monsters? Did you not read my reply in which I said that Balance monsters have strong resistance against their own school?

When every other school gets 1 spell, balance got 2 spells. When every other school gets shields to either Elemental, if Fire, Ice, or Storm, or a spiritual shield if Death, Life, or Myth, Balance gets shields to all schools.

We got two virtually useless spells that were not worthy of completing an entire side world, now build a bridge and get over it. Plus, it's not like we got two completely different spells; we got the same spell in Elemental and Spiritual. Also, if you haven't noticed by now, Balance draws its power from the other schools. That's why we have Elemental and Spiritual Shields.

Balance seems to want, want, want, but constantly complains about other schools getting anything, and then want to say what is fair and not fair?

What are you even talking about?!

Now, there is Armor Piercing, which goes right through resistance for those Balance monsters and Bosses, which don't even have a balance shield to begin with. How much more Overpowered would you like to make Balance to all other schools?

*facepalm* Armor piercing has nothing to do with natural resistance. It's about added resistance like shields. Hence "armor piercing". Again, you constantly bringing up the fact that we don't have a shield isn't helping your case. It's just making you look bad that you won't let it go. If us not having a shield annoys you so much why don't you just train for Unbalance? Surely that's better.