Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KIplz don't change schools based on complaint

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
This is just a post for KI to read. I am asking them to not change schools based on complaints only. A lot of the complaints directed towards specific schools (Ice comes to mind right now) are posted by wizards who harbor resentment over a recent loss to an ice wizard. If KI monitors the arena and collected statistics that showed that ice has an advantage, then by all means change it, but I am asking KI to at least collect statistics of all schools and make changes accordingly, and not based on complaints.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
I agree sirens down-grade made me very disappointed.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Yeah, Storm and Ice are both major targets. They both represent different ends of the spectrum, offense and defense, yin and yang. Please do not change schools based on illogical complaints!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Ummm I thought the voice of the majority would count a lot more than anything else, and that includes complaints. Have you seen Ice's new resist? I'm Death and I don't have a huge problem with ice myself but cmon they've got some uber resist against storm and fire with their new gear. Thats insane up to 75%, storm and fire are going to be doing minimal damage at that rate and against an ice it'll take a few reshuffles JUST TO GET THEM DOWN ON THEIR HEALTH. I also say we boost myth, 2 reasons : Medusa is weak and practically useless because everyone has stun blocks and convictions now and Myth doesn't even have a high powered AoE the other schools get Forest Lord, Angel, Rain Of Fire, Storm Lord, Crow, and Ra. What does myth have? Nothing thats right they're just in team PvP to cast earthquakes and thats the end of it and they can be easily replaced with myth mastery amulets.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Ummm I thought the voice of the majority would count a lot more than anything else, and that includes complaints. Have you seen Ice's new resist? I'm Death and I don't have a huge problem with ice myself but cmon they've got some uber resist against storm and fire with their new gear. Thats insane up to 75%, storm and fire are going to be doing minimal damage at that rate and against an ice it'll take a few reshuffles JUST TO GET THEM DOWN ON THEIR HEALTH. I also say we boost myth, 2 reasons : Medusa is weak and practically useless because everyone has stun blocks and convictions now and Myth doesn't even have a high powered AoE the other schools get Forest Lord, Angel, Rain Of Fire, Storm Lord, Crow, and Ra. What does myth have? Nothing thats right they're just in team PvP to cast earthquakes and thats the end of it and they can be easily replaced with myth mastery amulets.
I think the point of this particular thread is to help stop illogical complainers from getting their way. Like the people who post daily complaining about Fire, Storm, Ice, Myth, etc. If you have something you would like to discuss, it would be more easily heard in its own thread, where the community can agree/disagree. There are ways to beat Ice and ways to be good as Myth, but thats my opinion.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Lets face it not all but some of the people who complain about powerful spells come from different schools, don't really care about balance of power, and just fear the threat of that one spell in pvp. Thats just my opinion so think differently if you so wish to.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Guys do you see the obvious? Ice is strong, yes. But death can break thier most powerful wardin a death vs ice battle( and i'v been in them as the ice side) death would win. cause of the broken heart symbol. this gives death a slight advantage over life and ice cause those too schools have absorb with fist and no broken heart. i have played pvp and seen death and life death and fire death and ice and death and death all in 1v1 pvp. so if a school needs changing it is death. life has like no protection from it. other than one spell life cant stand up to death. givn that life is a healer (no offence life wizards of the world) i think that life still needs a new spell: a new ward. ill think bout it and post he idea in a week.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
rest wrote:
Guys do you see the obvious? Ice is strong, yes. But death can break thier most powerful wardin a death vs ice battle( and i'v been in them as the ice side) death would win. cause of the broken heart symbol. this gives death a slight advantage over life and ice cause those too schools have absorb with fist and no broken heart. i have played pvp and seen death and life death and fire death and ice and death and death all in 1v1 pvp. so if a school needs changing it is death. life has like no protection from it. other than one spell life cant stand up to death. givn that life is a healer (no offence life wizards of the world) i think that life still needs a new spell: a new ward. ill think bout it and post he idea in a week.
Wow. This is new. Normally all the Death complaints are about their lower damage. Believe it or not, Death is far from invincible. I've killed Necromancers of every rank and level in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4(though the only low level ones I have ever fought were in PvPs where my ally forgot to set a level restriction). Yes, Death can bypass Absorbs. That's part of their power, without it, without drain spells, they would be nothing.
This is a thread about NOT changing schools, if you feel Death is too strong, make a new thread about it. I would like to see what the rest of the community has to say.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
TheDarkestMask wrote:

Converts do it all. Keep in mind the effects of there attacks. Not as good as a fire or storm right? so they need a strength against the high attacking schools. Me being a fire i still agree entirely on the gear stats. Sorry, but i just felt that an ice needs a strength too. Once again we have a post about complaing and there are complainers in it? wait a minute, am i complaining?

Sea Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

See you in the spiral!

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
EvilDroid wrote:
This is just a post for KI to read. I am asking them to not change schools based on complaints only. A lot of the complaints directed towards specific schools (Ice comes to mind right now) are posted by wizards who harbor resentment over a recent loss to an ice wizard. If KI monitors the arena and collected statistics that showed that ice has an advantage, then by all means change it, but I am asking KI to at least collect statistics of all schools and make changes accordingly, and not based on complaints.

KI always change schools base on complains! Is so unfair and my Storm school is always the one being punish.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
AstroStorm wrote:
Lets face it not all but some of the people who complain about powerful spells come from different schools, don't really care about balance of power, and just fear the threat of that one spell in pvp. Thats just my opinion so think differently if you so wish to.

I "complain" (more accurately - feedback) yet I have pvped at 3 different level ranges, and with multiple schools. So your "lets face it" facts are inaccurate.

People seem to think that any form of feedback on school balance all comes from the same logic of "they joined a pvp, lost, so now they complain." This is false. Many people tell KI true imbalances in the game and for a much better reason. If KI were to ignore these people becuase of threads like this, then I would be really disappointed in them.

-Solstice64
P.S.
Sorry for picking on you when there are so many people with the same opinion.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
TheDarkestMask wrote:

you hit it on the head. Myth is nothing but a second class wizard now. up to lvl 50 myth was somethng to worry about strong and happy. but now what made myth strong other wizards use and may I say better, they have stronger hits and can shatter away shields on dead...