Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Aura = Protection from Earthquake!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Simply put, I would like to see a new aura or spell, that you can cast, that for 4 rounds, or even puts up like a stun shield, protection from Earthquake. It will protect all your blades and shields.

Would be a great idea IMO, for the next spell update.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Interesting idea, though I predict a lot of backlash from the Conjurer population. I could see this as a PvP spell for ranks Captain and higher from Diego, it would become to overused against Myth otherwise.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Defender
May 29, 2011
Its not a bad idea.( seems to be a bit more of a pvp thing ) But, who would spend a whole training point for protection of one spell? It needs to be like protect all shields and wards for four turns. ( would the protection of earthquake negate damage and special effects or just special effects? )

Mycin legenddreamer pvp warlord

Armiger
May 10, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
Its not a bad idea.( seems to be a bit more of a pvp thing ) But, who would spend a whole training point for protection of one spell? It needs to be like protect all shields and wards for four turns. ( would the protection of earthquake negate damage and special effects or just special effects? )

It would be, it would protect your charms and wards from spells such as:

Disarmament
Steal Charm
Steal Ward
Pierce
Shatter
Earthquake

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
mkt3 wrote:

Wouldn't necessarily follow into a pvp type of spell because many Myth enemies nowadays tend to use their Earthquake.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
darthjt wrote:
mkt3 wrote:

It would be, it would protect your charms and wards from spells such as:

Disarmament
Steal Charm
Steal Ward
Pierce
Shatter
Earthquake

That's a great idea, but I feel that being able to do that much it shouldn't have a high accuracy, I'm a Sorcerer anyways, but the fact is that a 100% accuracy for total protection from those spells is albeit overpowered, 80%-90% accuracy seems more prudent. Anyways, if it equally protects Blades and Shields, Wouldn't it also make sense for it to protect traps as a trade-off?

If you do both of my ideas then it just gets nerfed, one or the other. I'd let the wizard community decide which is the best. A lower accuracy or protection of traps from earthquake as well.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
seems like a good idea, but unfortunately myth isn't that stong, if you take away the ability to earthquake, myth would never have a chance. :( plus if theres only one spell against myth and not against any other school, you weaken myth a ton. having a myth, the only way we make it is using earthquake. if storm gets the advantage of high attack, ice with high health, and so on, you wouldnt wanna take away myths advantage. gotta say pretty good idea though, maybe just like protect 1 negative and 1 positive, so its not so affective to myths :D

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I like this idea. It really gets annoying when fighting a mob and they all decide to use earthquake within a couple of rounds.

It would have to be tagged as NOT ALLOWED in PvP. I don't PvP, but those that do would come back on this type of spell.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
People would be spamming those all the time, and Earthquake would become redundant. There's two sides.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
I like this idea. It really gets annoying when fighting a mob and they all decide to use earthquake within a couple of rounds.

It would have to be tagged as NOT ALLOWED in PvP. I don't PvP, but those that do would come back on this type of spell.

This spell is an aura, so the wizard will have to choose to use a damage boosting,accuracy + AP boosting, resist boosting, critical boosting, heal boosting, pip boosting, or a charm guard aura. Not too many people will use this that Myth would be so useless, because it depends on the wizard's choice.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Simply put, I would like to see a new aura or spell, that you can cast, that for 4 rounds, or even puts up like a stun shield, protection from Earthquake. It will protect all your blades and shields.

Would be a great idea IMO, for the next spell update.

Darthjt,

This would really hurt a lot of Life, Death, Myth and maybe some Balance stratergies.
On the other hand, it would make the game more interesting....

Joe.

Historian
May 01, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:

Agreed. If this was allowed in pvp, it seems like it just encourages bladestacking, which is already a huge problem that cant really be fixed without nerfing a fair chunk of the game.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
lovemypony wrote:
seems like a good idea, but unfortunately myth isn't that stong, if you take away the ability to earthquake, myth would never have a chance. :( plus if theres only one spell against myth and not against any other school, you weaken myth a ton. having a myth, the only way we make it is using earthquake. if storm gets the advantage of high attack, ice with high health, and so on, you wouldnt wanna take away myths advantage. gotta say pretty good idea though, maybe just like protect 1 negative and 1 positive, so its not so affective to myths :D

Actually, it would give protection from more than just earthquake, but I do see your point.