Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug in nightshade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Administrator
If you mean Nightside then this is not a bug. Nightside is intended to be much more of a challenge than the rest of Wizard City. When you first approach to enter Nightside, you are given a warning that this is not an ordinary area and the rules don't always apply.

Nightside is also optional and you can come back and complete Nightside when you are higher level.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Oct 19, 2008
I have a idea how to help you, 1. First fill all the bottles you have. 2. get all the friends you can, or even other wizards you do not know, make them your friend before you go in, this will come in handy later. 3. make sure your deck has all of your best spells and treasure cards. 4. when you go into Sunken City you will automatically be sucked into a battle, so be sure you are properly prepared. 5. make sure you are always on the sidewalk, never try and cross the street. 6. If you are ever low on energy, take a bottle, and if you run out, tell your friends your going, go to the fairegrounds and either buy bottles or play minigames until your bottles are filled then teleport to them again. 7. keep doing this until you get to Grubb, then there you are! A complete guide to your stay at Sunken City!

Michael Lotusblade
Savior of the Spiral...

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Two tips will help:

1. When you're on the sidewalk, hug the building next to you.
2. When possible, wait for enemies to pass by before proceeding.

These won't guarantee that you won't be drawn into unintentional battles, but they will reduce your chances.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
goldfish8 wrote:
I have a idea how to help you, 1. First fill all the bottles you have. 2. get all the friends you can, or even other wizards you do not know, make them your friend before you go in, this will come in handy later. 3. make sure your deck has all of your best spells and treasure cards. 4. when you go into Sunken City you will automatically be sucked into a battle, so be sure you are properly prepared. 5. make sure you are always on the sidewalk, never try and cross the street. 6. If you are ever low on energy, take a bottle, and if you run out, tell your friends your going, go to the fairegrounds and either buy bottles or play minigames until your bottles are filled then teleport to them again. 7. keep doing this until you get to Grubb, then there you are! A complete guide to your stay at Sunken City!

Michael Lotusblade
Savior of the Spiral...

All good sugestions here are some more and why having everyone you do this instance with as your friend. pick the best runner, they will be the one with the best connection for those who wi fi, and the fastes computer.get to marla stinger, everyone port. sit stay wait on the grass while your runner goes to the next place. Do the battles, sit stay while the runner runs to the next place do the battles, you get it now don't you?. due to good friends i was able to do sunken city on a supper slow computer, that played in stop action. now i have a faster computer and do this with all my friends, some days running, some days sitting and staying.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
First of all, it isn't nightshade, it is Nightside, and 2nd of all, it isn't Nightside, it is Sunken City. Nightside contains no monsters at all except the ones in Sunken City. Just take friends. But you know the Find and Defeat Grubb quest? I did defeat Grubb and it even said " Goal Complete: Defeat Grubb in Sunken City". Then I went to find Marla Stinger and she wasn't there; she was in Nightside, and she says we will meet in Sunken City yet she isn't in Sunken City, she is still in Nightside.

Ryan DragonSword,
Adept Pyromancer

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
Skip it. You don't need it to advance to Krokotopia. So skip it until you rank up and have a lot more life or better spells. And go with friends. Use the teleport feature regularly.