Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which pets can give hybrids?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I have just recently started in pet hatching and it is very confusing.

(Life wizard by the way)

I have the following pets:
life scarab
fierce hound
ice bird
storm bird

How can I tell which pets will potentially give hybrids and which pets it would be pointless for me to mix with because I would not be able to wield it?

I sort of understand the whole class only pets, but I have ice bird which is an ice pet I can use so i'm very confused. Any help would be much needed thanks.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
@: RavenLady777

I think that is a bit misleading. It takes two specific pets to make a hybrid I know that unicorn and helephant can be paired to make a nightmare. However I don't know that unicorn can make a hybrid with any other pet...
I am not really convinced that all of the pets have hybrid pairs anyway... For instance; the blue cyclops pet we get near the beginning of the game. What pet does that one hybrid with? I am not sure that anyone has tried to find out. Some people try to get hybrids using proven combinations, and it still takes them ten, or even twenty hatches before they see the hybrid. Trying to find a random pet's hybrid partner would be like finding a specific needle in a pile of needles... with your bare hands, in a dimly lit room.