Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Converts glitchy

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Ok so I'm fighting a strom and have a storm shield up, she then casts a convert on me so the next turn I cast myth shield. She hits and convert activates but the myth shield doesn't and I die...

Are converts immune to shielding? My shield should have activated no? What is the deal here? Can anyone explain this logic?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Ok so I'm fighting a strom and have a storm shield up, she then casts a convert on me so the next turn I cast myth shield. She hits and convert activates but the myth shield doesn't and I die...

Are converts immune to shielding? My shield should have activated no? What is the deal here? Can anyone explain this logic?

The order of wards cast on you determine what will activate first. The rule is
last cast, first activated since you put a myth shield up after she put down her prism, the storm spell was able to ignore the myth shield. You were supposed to put up a storm shield after her prism, this way the storm shield would activate, then the prism. It's not glitchy. She just snuck inside with her prism before you can defend.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
travisAk wrote:

The rule has always been if the convert goes up first, it bypasses the shield (but you would be protected against the next convert). Now, I don't understand the logic either, but I haven't complained since PvE duels would be a lot longer if it was the opposite.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
If a convert is put up before the myth shield, then the myth shield will not activate as it is a storm spell. If you put up a storm shield after the convert, then the storm shield will activate as it is a storm spell.

If a myth shield is put up before a convert, then the myth shield would activate as the spell is converted to myth.

You have to watch carefully.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
travisAk wrote:

ok so traps, converts, and shields are activated in the ordered they are put. in this case you had a storm shield first, then the convert then the myth shield. in order to shield against the storm attack you should put a myth shield first before he/she uses the convert. if you had a storm shield then the opponent uses the convert, you should use another storm shield on top of the convert to shield the storm attack. if this would had been the case the second storm shield you would have used would had been activated then the convert and the strom shield you had under the convert would stay there.
Example:
order of shields, traps, and converts:myth shield---->storm shield---->convert---->storm shield---->storm trap
order of the shields, traps, and converts when activated:
storm trap---->storm shield--->convert----->myth shield.
and storm shield would stay on you.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
travisAk wrote:

Myth Shields and traps don't activate after someone has used a prism, but Storm Shields do.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
travisAk wrote:

Myth Shields and traps don't activate after someone has used a prism, but Storm Shields do.

huh?

Historian
May 01, 2010
kingurz wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
travisAk wrote:

huh?

Short, simple version of your reply, storm shield after convert: your in the good, myth shield: not so much.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
travisAk wrote:

huh?

Short, simple version of your reply, storm shield after convert: your in the good, myth shield: not so much.

I understand now. We both said the same thing (my earlier post), but the way it was written, made it look like Myth shields never activate after a prism. Thought the poster was saying Myth shields were exempt from converts. Although the double hit spells make it seem like that.