Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two accounts or one?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 12, 2009
I share an account with my mother right now, and I want to help her with quests. I would need to move her character to another account for this. But I really, really like trading storm for ice stuff, and getting her a gift on my character every now and then. I would miss this, but I really want help with my quests from her. Should I move her character or keep them on one? Is there some sort of possible compromise like moving one character and their items back and forth every now and then?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
magicintheair wrote:
I share an account with my mother right now, and I want to help her with quests. I would need to move her character to another account for this. But I really, really like trading storm for ice stuff, and getting her a gift on my character every now and then. I would miss this, but I really want help with my quests from her. Should I move her character or keep them on one? Is there some sort of possible compromise like moving one character and their items back and forth every now and then?

You may be in the pickle here, I am not sure you can separate one pre-made wizard from an account and make another account from it, if so you would certainly need Wizard101's help for that one. Currently I have the family plan and pay for 2 accounts but can not share anything between them accept crowns when you access the web site for accounts.

As for swapping stuff using the shared bank, once you make a separate account you will no longer have this tie to be able to use this, the best you will be able to swap is treasure cards.

On the other hand if you want to play together you would need 2 separate accounts so you could both sign on at the same time to play ( this also means 2 computers are needed ).

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
magicintheair wrote:

In my opinion, I wouldn't move the character.

Moving a character requires two accounts (giving and receiving accounts) to be paid in full for one year. So that's at least 120 dollars (or an additional 60 dollars if you are already on a year long sub).

Starting a new account and getting the new character to the same level as your current characters will not take a year to do. If you only do main quests and play regularly it will take around 4-5 months (even faster if you use xp potions). You can also use your current characters to power level the new ones.

It will also be cheaper, since you get the first few streets for free and after you get to the same level as your current characters you could stop subscription if you needed. Or switch to Crowns and only pay for the worlds/streets you will need the assistance on.

Moving a character to a second account is good if you don't want to spend the extra months leveling and need this team up now. Again, it always goes back to more expensive for less time/effort.

Information on how to transfer characters between accounts can be found here:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/16444.ftl