Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Member's "Allowance"

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
I think KI should give us members a members allowance of 2000 crowns each month, one because it'll attract more subscribers, two it'll give them a better rep., three it'll be the first mmo to do that kind of thing, four they get more money, five it'll keep more members, and six... It Will Be Awesome!! The only con is that they lose some crowns. Please do this for your loyal members KI :) :-) :) :-)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
dude this is not Sony's game free realms
they do that to keep members

i pay to play this game 'cause it's more active
and the people are more friendly.

the allowance this is like a bribe
and KI doesn't need to bribe its players.

grammy lets me use the card to pay for the sub
so can i use my money to buy crowns by the card
from the store and i get a pet to boot.

this way i can show responsibility in real life and
have fun in the spiral.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Zoro987 wrote:
I think KI should give us members a members allowance of 2000 crowns each month, one because it'll attract more subscribers, two it'll give them a better rep., three it'll be the first mmo to do that kind of thing, four they get more money, five it'll keep more members, and six... It Will Be Awesome!! The only con is that they lose some crowns. Please do this for your loyal members KI :) :-) :) :-)

Not gonna happen.
And it's not necessary. There are 20 million users of this game. Why on earth would KI need to pay people to subscribe?
1. It may bring in more people...but the kind of people we want here? Probably not.
2. KI and Wizard101 has an awesome reputation.
3. And there's a reason no other MMO does it. It's NOT cost effective. KI is here to make money. They produce an awesome product.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
How about making it the other way, and make KI's job easier? No cursing, trying to scam other users, asking people to to join battle before jumping in, not going to worlds you aren't supposed to, etc etc... and don't even get me started on pvp!
This way, if KI didn't have to police their game so much, they could accomplish much more!

Rogan Firehammer

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Games don't sustain members on the amount free things they give, only to "attract" players. World of Warcraft became the best selling MMO of all time and didn't even have a free trial offer then. Players stick with a game based on it's content and "useability."

In fact, the more free things they give away, the more revenue they lose that could have netted better programmers, artists, etc that would have made the game even more enjoyable or attractive.

The free to play models are there to allow players to "test" the game to see if this is a game they are willing to stick with.

Now, with that said. KI still gives out free things. The Barbarian Clothes, the Yellow Elf, etc have all been given out freely for various reasons. The catch is that KI is determining what to give you (assumes risk on). Giving away free Crowns opens the door to any item they are trying to sell.

Besides your example of 2000 crowns a month is 24000 Crowns a year. That's more than the most expensive item in the Crowns shop!!!!

Member benefits will likely continue to be in the form of the current benefits (faster energy refill, quicker crafting times, etc).

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I think it should be only 100 or 200.

2k seems like a lot... don't you think?

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
hobi wrote:
dude this is not Sony's game free realms
they do that to keep members

i pay to play this game 'cause it's more active
and the people are more friendly.

the allowance this is like a bribe
and KI doesn't need to bribe its players.

grammy lets me use the card to pay for the sub
so can i use my money to buy crowns by the card
from the store and i get a pet to boot.
this way i can show responsibility in real life and
have fun in the spiral.

I see your point, but it is NOT a bribe, it is a "perk", perks are like additional benefits and at least give the newbies/new players with memberships a chance for something to work with each month to help them build up their character, even 1.5k would sure help me and i'm a level 55 Necromancer, i died in a Celestia battle trying to defeat water-moles, please give people that have membership or getting their first a chance, so what? You might not be on a membership with a CC, you can either buy a card at the store or leave the CC paying members alone, please. And if you aren't, then ignore that last part.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
I think its a great idea. All the other people posting here are thinking about themselves. Some people can't afford to buy crowns and pay a sub so they just quit and thats bad for KI.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
I think its a great idea. All the other people posting here are thinking about themselves. Some people can't afford to buy crowns and pay a sub so they just quit and thats bad for KI.
It's a double edged sword, albeit wrapped in fine linen.....Without people buying Crowns, Kingsisle would lose money for updates. People would get bored and quit, and that's also bad for KI.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

Not thin king about self thinking about how that other game has done it and they don't have the membership they once did. due to too many "perks" and giving stuff away and way to much of they gave away everyone already had due to the "perks" they gave ...

the holiday gifts we get and the much much better content of game along with the 4 new worlds! shows KI care more for their clientele than just stuffing half rate content down our throats like some other MMOs have to try and bribe it membership from leaving.