Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria- a Huge dissapointment

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I am very, very dissapointed in Zafaria. :x It is vry boring, seeing the quests are pretty much the same, with different names. There is a quest to defeat Blackback Soldiers, and then later on, i get the same exact quest again! :? It gets annoying that there is not a lot of imagination put into these quests. In all, I wish quests werent really boring. Zafaria:

...Thanks for reading and/or commenting

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My biggest disappointment was gear, I kind of got used to getting improved gear every 5 levels and finishing my level 70 wizards with a mix of Wintertusk crafted gear and Watlerworks gear seemed odd. The pip advantage with the new gear that was offered didn't seem to be very good at all. The introduction of pierce gives us a hint of things to come but will only serve to further make gear selections confusing for me.

After finishing Zafaria with 2 wizards now I find it was ok. When I did the first wizard though the place was packed, fighting areas seem very small and a little frustrating because of lower level invasion, now not so much, in fact I had to solo most of it on my second wizard. Some quests were down right annoying, mainly the lions one in Savannah, but I trudged though them so I could move on.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
I actually find Zafaria to be among the most interesting worlds released yet.

I have to say that as KingsIsle evolves as a company, so evolves their ability to make interesting worlds and plots. Wintertusk was a vast improvement over Grizzleheim, and they provided a reasonable explanation for the 'Everwinter'. Here in Zafaria things are no different; K.I. did good research and created a very presentable world.

One thing that always gets me though is the music. Zafaria and Wintertusk have excellent musical scores which keep me hooked as I quest.
(Gotta love the ZF battle theme!)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Luvas wrote:
I actually find Zafaria to be among the most interesting worlds released yet.

I have to say that as KingsIsle evolves as a company, so evolves their ability to make interesting worlds and plots. Wintertusk was a vast improvement over Grizzleheim, and they provided a reasonable explanation for the 'Everwinter'. Here in Zafaria things are no different; K.I. did good research and created a very presentable world.

One thing that always gets me though is the music. Zafaria and Wintertusk have excellent musical scores which keep me hooked as I quest.
(Gotta love the ZF battle theme!)
ya sure the music is great but that does not change the fact that Waterworks gear is still the best. Plus you have to fight the same enemy over and over again not to mention half the time you have to collect 5 to 10 of something. My biggest dissapointment is the gear witch is very over priced and kinda looks terrible to me and even if you like the crafted gear better it will take over 250,000 gold to get it plus all the things you need to make it.

Now back to the way the gear looks, ask yourself what do you do when you see a dude in super cool armor like the guardian armor in the crown shop? Well most people thing awesome i want some of that, now they could make the level 70 gear witch just recently came out a little bit more good looking dont you think

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
I agree, the Legendary Artisan quest is near impossible and it seems the only way to get better clothes for Zafaria is crafting. The battle music is pretty, but the whole repeat same quests over and over again thing is just tiresome.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
brwac wrote:
My biggest disappointment was gear, I kind of got used to getting improved gear every 5 levels and finishing my level 70 wizards with a mix of Wintertusk crafted gear and Watlerworks gear seemed odd. The pip advantage with the new gear that was offered didn't seem to be very good at all. The introduction of pierce gives us a hint of things to come but will only serve to further make gear selections confusing for me.

After finishing Zafaria with 2 wizards now I find it was ok. When I did the first wizard though the place was packed, fighting areas seem very small and a little frustrating because of lower level invasion, now not so much, in fact I had to solo most of it on my second wizard. Some quests were down right annoying, mainly the lions one in Savannah, but I trudged though them so I could move on.

I know right! The some of the level 68+ gear doesn't even have any defense. They should make a twice as hard of a waterworks for level 70+. Also because that even though they made 70+ gear in the crown shop they should also make a 70+ waterworks(like i said earlier) because some people don't have crowns.

Justin Icecaller
Transcended Thaumaturge (level 70)

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
i agree in zamunda i got the quest to kill mercenaries like 3 times i mean it gets boring. and i also agree with the fact that the quests are still the same. celestia was pretty nice cause i didnt get the same quest repeatadly. they should make another world like that!

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
wasupmanimin wrote:
brwac wrote:

I know right! The some of the level 68+ gear doesn't even have any defense. They should make a twice as hard of a waterworks for level 70+. Also because that even though they made 70+ gear in the crown shop they should also make a 70+ waterworks(like i said earlier) because some people don't have crowns.

Justin Icecaller
Transcended Thaumaturge (level 70)

Agree. I'm still trapped in Baobab Market because I still have a quest that combines two quests to fight spearfangs for jewels and inzenzibus for spices. KI needs to change it or I'm stuck as a rock when my friends are celebrating beating mirror lake