Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Want A Wystern Wizard Please

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Everyone keeps posting threads about a new off-the-wall school of magic (and a couple of generic, non-creative ones) however what I have seen that many have missed is that we have several schools already present in the game that we can use!

I am of course talking about the Wysteria schools of magic, Tempest, Earth, Spirit, Equivalence, Chaos, Frost, and Ember. Each one is different in its own way from the standard schools we have right now (such as Ember is more about warmth and security whereas Fire is more aggressive).
Because Life has never appealed to me but the concept of an Earth wizard I could easily enjoy becoming a slightly different brand of wizard in this school and I am sure many people see that same idea in other combinations.

Or another option I am not opposed to is converting schools of magic to the equivalent of the other. Such as a Storm wizard from Ravenwood may "transfer" and become a Tempest wizard from Wysteria. This could open many new possibilities of specializations or other paths for wizards who enjoy their element, but want a new style.

So whether Wysterian wizards have their own questline, they fight along with Wizard City against common enemies, or our paths merely intertwine once and awhile, I believe it could be an enjoyable idea for all.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Have you listened to the wysteria quests at all? The teachers are known to be lazy and not too bright. You know why ember is not as aggressive? because the wysteria teachers who copied ravenwood were too lazy to teach decent spells.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
magicintheair wrote:
Have you listened to the wysteria quests at all? The teachers are known to be lazy and not too bright. You know why ember is not as aggressive? because the wysteria teachers who copied ravenwood were too lazy to teach decent spells.
I agree. To the original poster: Sorry, but I almost ROFLed when I saw the topic. I thought it was: "I Want A Western Wizard Please". Lol, wandslingers. Interesting thought lol. Anyway, personally, I think that Ravenwood will always be better then Pigswick. We are students of Ravenwood, after all. The only interesting thing that could come of it are actual school-vs-school tournaments. Which I could take or leave. Preferrably, leave. Tempest barely scratches the surface, Burble doesn't know what he's doing, and Ember is way weak then Fire. I liked Zebuous' post on my thread A Wysteria Compromise, but I don't see that happening.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
magicintheair wrote:

Agreed. Fire is about agression, we cast the second most powerful spells. When I walked into the Ember School I felt ashamed and angry that they were desecrating my school of magic and others.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
That would be far too difficult an idea to implement (At least for an alternate storyline)

However, I do see some possibility of learning 'Wysterian Spells', which would really just be alternate versions of the Spells we already know, such as Storm Cat, Myth Imp, and what have you.