Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria Gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
I'm lvl 62 right now because Wintertusk has been what I've been working on for the judgement pet, and all the experiance boosted me up. I'm not done with Celestia (still in fire center) but now I'm through with WT and it'll be easier.
I went to the bazaar to get some 60+ gear, and none of it came close to my 58 gear. It has a lot of critical stuff, but I hate relying on criticals for my battles-I like keeping my 70% damage boost. I'm just wondering if the gear gets any better in Zafaria. Because nothing good is at the bazaar. pls help.
Blake Fireshade, lvl 62 blnce wiz

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Elgal101 wrote:
I'm lvl 62 right now because Wintertusk has been what I've been working on for the judgement pet, and all the experiance boosted me up. I'm not done with Celestia (still in fire center) but now I'm through with WT and it'll be easier.
I went to the bazaar to get some 60+ gear, and none of it came close to my 58 gear. It has a lot of critical stuff, but I hate relying on criticals for my battles-I like keeping my 70% damage boost. I'm just wondering if the gear gets any better in Zafaria. Because nothing good is at the bazaar. pls help.

I have found gear choice to be a tough call, since everyone has their own fight style it's hard to say what is best. Most swear by the WaterWorks gear but I have found a mix of that and the crafted Wintertusk gear has worked for my Life and Death wizard to get though Zafaria with out too much trouble. I admit after running a few wizards though WaterWorks it looses it's luster so may either craft or make do and see what happens with the rest of my wizards. The Zafaria gear seemed to lack in pips for me even though it offers more health and introduces pierce. Pips are still my important concern since most everything there starts with a ton of them you really don't want to wait to long to be able to run some damage spell.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
Elgal101 wrote:

Doesnt get much better then the WW gear sorry.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
Well the question is, are you a crafter. I am a legendary crafter on my death lvl 70. In my opinion, the crafting gear in Zafaria is amazing. The hats give death school 99 critical rating and 20 damage I think. The robe gives you 51 critical for death, AND another critical rating for another school of your choosing and damage for both schools. The shoes have amazing block ratings. The critical added up comes out to 150 critical rating and PLUS the critical rating from your wand which should equal 180 critical rating, which makes it pretty much impossibble to not critical. Especially if you have the star spell to increase your critical rating for 4 rounds. Critical is good in Zafaria because the enemys rarely block, not like in celestia where the enemys pretty much blocked every time.

I hope this helped you, and sorry for writing so much lol, just wanted to help, Lucas LegendGlade lvl 70 Death

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
justin8er wrote:
Elgal101 wrote:

Doesnt get much better then the WW gear sorry.

Agreed. Even with the ZF bought/dropped/crafted gear and the new level 70 Crowns gear, it seems to me that the level 60+ WW gear still beats them all out.

I've noticed that the ZF gear in general offers high Critical and Armor Piercing. High Critical is good, but is overall unreliable (even with 150 Critical, you can only hope to get one about 30% of the time) and I personally find Armor Piercing useless since the amount you get with gear is too small to do anything significant with; you're really better off spending a training point to learn Infallible or buying Infallible treasure cards. In addition, you'd lose your universal resistance, accuracy boost, Critical Black, a (relatively) large amount of power pip chance, and damage boost with ZF gear......plus, they're expensive as heck!!! Even having 250,000 is NOT enough if you're planning to get all ZF gear.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2011
QickSand wrote:
id like zf gear it makes my balance look like a girl when he a boy!
lol same here i have a lot good cloth from zf but i look like a girl with that cloth wow i got a hat its a girl hat but its give me really good critical and really good heal and armor percing i really like it but is a girl hat :?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
calebabu wrote:
QickSand wrote:
id like zf gear it makes my balance look like a girl when he a boy!
lol same here i have a lot good cloth from zf but i look like a girl with that cloth wow i got a hat its a girl hat but its give me really good critical and really good heal and armor percing i really like it but is a girl hat :?
I know right, while i managed to stay away from that stuff with my WW gear i went to bazaar to find better gear (witch there was none) and saw how it looked terrible and i know how the gear is suppost to match the world and all but really a giant skirt. its the best thing in there and people without better gear are gonna have to wear it. They could make the gear look a little bit more presentable. And dont know about you guys but i think the level 70 gear could be a bit moer cool looking :?

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
the gear sucks :( ww is way way better idk what happen in this world to much critical not enough damage and what is this piercing please anyone explain thank you :)

Survivor
Nov 07, 2011
Zafaria needs level 70 gear. Why not put some level 70 gear at the end when you are finished with mirror lake.Instead of level 64 and 66 gear in zafaria put more level 70 and we can earn it instead of waste our crowns and spend our gold.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Elgal101 wrote:

if you do waterworks several times you will get the hat boots and cape whichj are cap of judgement, boots of judgement, and cape of judgement also really good gear

Survivor
May 12, 2009
The highest drops I've found thus far are level 68. Lacks pips but the hp and critical ratings are very high.