Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accuracy?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I'm in Zaf, and 4 of my last 5 spells (all AOEs, if that's worth noting) have all fizzled, one after the other. This has never happened to me before- in fact, the 85% accuracy used to be one of the Balance school's only redeeming qualities... Has that number changed in the past 6 months?

I know the new gear gives accuracy boosts, but I usually play alone and kinda need the extra 23% to incoming heals (just to keep myself alive in those dungeons, you know). What do you guys suggest? I'm level 66, so the fact that I'm still fizzling every other turn is getting a bit ridiculous.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
85% that's around um... 8 tenths.... that's equivilent to.... 4/5. Gr... I don't even know why I'm doing that math!!! Gah! Look, 85 percent means there is still a good 15% chance that you are going to fizzle! In other words, fifteen out of one hundred times, your spell will fizzle. The other 85 times, it will work fine. That's how the game works. 5 fizzles in a row means that you are being a well behaved wizard and making up for some missed fizzles. Get some spells to raise up that percentage.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
watsupdog111 wrote:
Did you change your gear?

If I crit, my availing hands spell heals more than Regenerate does, so I haven't changed my gear over yet... That 45% (not 23, I lied) heal boost is a perk that I'm not sure I should give up. I'm level 68 now~ should I trade my heal boost for an extra 2% accuracy?

I've been gone a long time, so I have no idea if or not the numbers are still the same.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
1. Check your clothes, you should have at a minimum Hat and Robe from either Waterworks or Sudrilund Crafting.
2. Shoes, just about any old cheeseball shoes that have any accuracy boost will do. I never got my Waterworks boots and the Sudrilund boots just didn't seem worth the effort. I got some generic 58+ from the Bazzar that worked just fine.
3. Your WAND! get a Sidhe staff, it gives +13% accuracy and +20% power pips. Really?, when was the last time you "went critical" and it wasn't blocked? Forget about the critical rating, BLOCK is where it's at!! Look at the Safaria clothes, most of it has little or no critical rating, I think KI realized the whole thing was a mistake and they're making it less important.

At level 66, with the right gear and pet, you should have around +50-60% damage, 100% power pips and 100% accuracy. Your resistance may be low, and your critical rating will suffer, but being fizzle-proof and able to cast big spells on your 2nd or 3rd turn makes up for a lot.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
af6at wrote:
1. Check your clothes, you should have at a minimum Hat and Robe from either Waterworks or Sudrilund Crafting.
2. Shoes, just about any old cheeseball shoes that have any accuracy boost will do. I never got my Waterworks boots and the Sudrilund boots just didn't seem worth the effort. I got some generic 58+ from the Bazzar that worked just fine.
3. Your WAND! get a Sidhe staff, it gives +13% accuracy and +20% power pips. Really?, when was the last time you "went critical" and it wasn't blocked? Forget about the critical rating, BLOCK is where it's at!! Look at the Safaria clothes, most of it has little or no critical rating, I think KI realized the whole thing was a mistake and they're making it less important.

At level 66, with the right gear and pet, you should have around +50-60% damage, 100% power pips and 100% accuracy. Your resistance may be low, and your critical rating will suffer, but being fizzle-proof and able to cast big spells on your 2nd or 3rd turn makes up for a lot.

1. I'm still in my level 60 gear (I have all 3 pieces) from Waterworks. I hate crafting.

2. see #1.

3. I got my wand/sword from the crowns-pack, and it does more damage than the wand I checked out in Zaf~ is the one you mentioned a crafted one? *shudder*

4. Oddly enough, I crit more than I used to and don't get blocked a whole lot (worth noting: my heals and AOE spells crit more than anything else in my deck). Sometimes, the rank 11 and 12 bosses will block, but that's it.

So, give up crit and resist for accuracy?

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
af6at wrote:

1. I'm still in my level 60 gear (I have all 3 pieces) from Waterworks. I hate crafting.

2. see #1.

3. I got my wand/sword from the crowns-pack, and it does more damage than the wand I checked out in Zaf~ is the one you mentioned a crafted one? *shudder*

4. Oddly enough, I crit more than I used to and don't get blocked a whole lot (worth noting: my heals and AOE spells crit more than anything else in my deck). Sometimes, the rank 11 and 12 bosses will block, but that's it.

So, give up crit and resist for accuracy?
it is just your bad luck this is happening. if you used to never fizzle this is probably to make up for it. happens a lot to me. i go a while ( about a week ) i have no fizzles. then one day i fizzle nearly non stop. btw i bet you dont fizzle more than 20% of the whole time you play.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
There is a star school aura that gives 15% accuracy and it has been updated to give you pierce as well. For you that would be four rounds of no fizzle. My necromancer uses it. While the aura is on I can only miss when I get black mantled or smoke screened. I believe the star school trainer machine in base camp Celestia teaches it.