Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do with a no gear challenge

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Saturday, who is up for no gear challenge? Only novice gear, no resist, attack boost, health boost, etc. Only thing we are allowed to bring are all the spells we trained, new and old, no treasure, no pets, etc. Just the newest deck you have and all the spells you think would be necessary.

Anyone care to try that?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
CorbinW wrote:
Saturday, who is up for no gear challenge? Only novice gear, no resist, attack boost, health boost, etc. Only thing we are allowed to bring are all the spells we trained, new and old, no treasure, no pets, etc. Just the newest deck you have and all the spells you think would be necessary.

Anyone care to try that?

I'm up for it, its just for fun anyway xP

Hero
Jul 27, 2009

I would love to do PvP in the raw
only the wand Ambrose gives you in the tutorial.
but too many people would cheat
and have a deck of cards waiting to use to win

I would say you have to have a starter deck
with only 2 spells in it costing no more than 2 pips
and No DOTs allowed.

this would allow only shields, blades. and other zero cost pip spells.

no treasure cards allowed. and if a morph was used
they could not cast any spell higher than
a 2 pips spell to be consider fair in game.
any higher pip cost cast would constitute cheating.

thing is what 2 spells would they have to use besides the first wand?

Now would there be any takers
with these conditions have been added?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Wow, that actually sounds like it might be a lot of fun and rather challenging.

When you think about it, no treasure cards or already prepared spells, sounds even more difficult than one might believe, since you can only use your deck and the spells you have actually trained in.

What time and where?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Ugh updates for forums are slow sometimes:

Ok, before I set up time I must first point out a few reasons for this idea:
It would definitely be a fun challenge
I want people to reacquaint themself with what their own inherent stats are.
In doing this challenge, the focus turns away from who has the best gear and then turns toward who has a well organized deck. It might even nhelp some people focus on the real weaknesses in their decks.

How about 8 pm Eastern time? I don't expect to catch anyone doing it even though I will be on at that time hoping to convince some to join in. Try it yourself and voice for it in arena around that time. I quickly befriended a fire in arena and we did this fight once. I think there are people willing to bite for this little test of decks.

I also hope that people will use this opportunity to believe in their decks spells and know that they don't need large treasure decks to put up a good fight, blah blah blah.

Ok, 8pm eastern time: Vampire realm. If that realm is crowded or full, Phoenix realm. If not that one, SATYR realm. Any of those realms. Or, just find me in practice,

8 pm Isaac Haven Myth of course.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Sorry, the updates for forums are moderated so its hard to predict the time. If you want the guideline for the challenge so you can do it yourself here they are:

You and a friend enter with nothing but what you started the game with, except the wand. Use any of the wands from the shopping discrict in Wizard City, or no wand at all.
No amulet, no pet, no hat robe or boots, no athame no ring or treasure cards.

But every spell that you trained yourself from the beginning all the way to Zafaria is allowed.

When I took off all the gear, I began to appreciate more what my stats were. And it was also nice to see how our stats compared up health wise. Fires health wasn't crossing over with Myth, I was about 200 points ahead. It can be surprising sometimes how important the gear is, in fact, it is the gear that sometimes will dictate our deck set up....

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
you need to set a specific time a day each week. I think more and more people would be interested to give this a try.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I didn't respond at first because I thought that this would be a one-time thing only. But it might be fun. If you have a small amount of people doing this, you might be able to change the schedule around to work with theirs. If you have a large amount of people, you might want to set it to a time when most people are usually on, like a Saturday.

When and what day is the next one?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:
I didn't respond at first because I thought that this would be a one-time thing only. But it might be fun. If you have a small amount of people doing this, you might be able to change the schedule around to work with theirs. If you have a large amount of people, you might want to set it to a time when most people are usually on, like a Saturday.

When and what day is the next one?

I should perhaps clarify some things:

When I mention time, I meant its hard to predict when the forums will be updated to set up an actual time, like if I say 9pm sunday, but the forums aren't updated until monday morning, everyone misses out. What I did now instead was give you guys the rules a few posts above so you can use them and try it out with someone yourself at any time you want, whenever it is convenient for you.

And if you do try this with someone, voice what it was like here! I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about their raw experience :).

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
sounds great! i'm a level 63 life and am definetly looking forward to a no resist or morphs or critical (finally!) match, but would we have to use the starter wand?

i suggest that we can use any spell we want. But because pips would be lower without gear, if i put a bunch of forest lords it would take a long time to use them, so you'd have to strategise and that would make it a lot more fun because i'm awesome at that! (even tought i've never found a 4v4 group)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010