Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Handling stuck hands better ways to defend

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
So, I naturally don't play with a large amount of treasures but they are definitely useful for helping one who may have a stuck hand. What I like to do is keep a few(about 3 or 4) treasure copies of my main deck spells, this way if I discard what's in my hand in hopes of something useful for the moment, I still have a treasure version of that spell waiting just a discard away. I have a small amount of spells i can't train in the sideboard, such as Black Mantle for pip building and buying time. But, despite this, I sometimes find myself stuck with hands that wont allow me to build pips and defend myself well. If I'm hit with two life dispels and an infection, I can push through that, but it's going to cost me as a myth since I don't have my own heal. And it will cost a few turns. Sometimes I ignore and just try getting aggressive. If I just use weakness and have fortify up against a death for example who just blades up and skeletal dragons over and over, I'm being worn down pretty hard. Especially because they get such a high attack boost, and the attack is usually enchanted. I now carry the quagga blade for extra critical block over life blade and two death dispel cards so I can save room in my main deck by removing one life death shield. But when they don't show to buy me time, how in the world do I defend myself? I no longer carry the life amulet, and in fact, I've been better off without that amulet or satyr. I now use the stellar signet for super pixies. I'll take 700 heal pixies over amulet satyrs. thanks. I've never needed the amulet before to get to the upper ranks, but then again, I still cant break my large swings in rank,

Any other good ways to defend and build, especially against a death who just dragons over and over? Is there an easier way to get Triage treasures?

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
For Triage, you can get an amulet that has it. There is a storm boss in Vestrilund that drops it or if you craft, then go to the vendor in the same place. The crafted one gives you more health.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
linnie1222 wrote:
For Triage, you can get an amulet that has it. There is a storm boss in Vestrilund that drops it or if you craft, then go to the vendor in the same place. The crafted one gives you more health.

Cool ok, I'll be sure to use that info thank you.

Any other tips for those large hands and DOT? I mean, when it comes to defending against a damage over time spell, I've found that using earth for removing a 35% blade is more beneficial than the weakness alone. But of course there comes the issue of balancing pips, etc.

Way I see it so far, if I have an opponent with one 35% blade on, if I have fortify up and a weakness, I wont earth. But the moment that person puts up a stacked blade, I gotta earth it for any real defense, or find a triage spell somehow.

Damage over time damage is the hardest to counter. I often sprite over the spell if my defenses are good to buffer my health. And if I can afford to wash it off with a pixie on top of the sprite provided the damage is threatening enough, I'll do it. But during those rounds, if I heal too much, while I'm fighting the bite of DOT and using pips, my opponent is building pips for another DOT. They are definitely the toughest spells to counter without triage and provide you with such steep slopes if you are not careful.

Any other tips/ideas?