Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chasing Meowiarty Through Newgate-Time Wasted

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
I just finished the Ironworks and Sherlock Bones told me to go to Watson in Scotland Yard Roof. Then I had to run around through all of those different clocktower things with the Tomb Haunters and those yellowish ghosts. Then Officer Malone (I think) was telling me to run all the way up and down the street chasing Meowiarty and Malistaire. I got in so many battles while chasing him...it made me so ANGRY! It wasted time, health, mana, potions, etc.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
KingCobra022 wrote:
I just finished the Ironworks and Sherlock Bones told me to go to Watson in Scotland Yard Roof. Then I had to run around through all of those different clocktower things with the Tomb Haunters and those yellowish ghosts. Then Officer Malone (I think) was telling me to run all the way up and down the street chasing Meowiarty and Malistaire. I got in so many battles while chasing him...it made me so ANGRY! It wasted time, health, mana, potions, etc.

MarleyBone is truly a world that tests patience, I was though the first two areas before I just go sick and tired of getting dragged in that I finally decided to slow down, take my time and figure out what makes me have this happen so much. It does make the world tend to run long but is worth it in the end to just wait sometimes for things to pass, learn the distance you can be from monsters and proceed when safe only - corners were my big down fall.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
brwac wrote:
KingCobra022 wrote:

MarleyBone is truly a world that tests patience, I was though the first two areas before I just go sick and tired of getting dragged in that I finally decided to slow down, take my time and figure out what makes me have this happen so much. It does make the world tend to run long but is worth it in the end to just wait sometimes for things to pass, learn the distance you can be from monsters and proceed when safe only - corners were my big down fall.

Exactly.
I just finished this with a new little Ice wizard and didn't get pulled in once. You have to take your time throughout all of Marleybone...and it's a good lesson for other worlds as well.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
KingCobra022 wrote:

When i did these quest i barely got caght in any battles i didnt want to be in i dont know what everyone is talking about

Survivor
Aug 18, 2011
laedst15 wrote:
KingCobra022 wrote:

When i did these quest i barely got caght in any battles i didnt want to be in i dont know what everyone is talking about

I know, I haven't been pulled into many unwanted battles in Marleybone. The only time, I did was when I would accidentally go a little too fast on to the ramps that connect the rooftops together.

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
well im not showing of but i didnt get pulled in once i was patient and look wat was coming

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
I was the same way when I first started, even now I get like that cause I know what all to do and where to go and I just want to get it done and finish fast. But I hold to slow down. You'll get the hang of it over time.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
I NEVER EVER get caught in any unwanted battles EVER. I do go fast and i only ever cut if i have a mount. Just be Patient and dont ever cut through without a mount ;) Just remember, go slowly and always stay closest to the sides. Also only cut if there is absulutely NO monsters on your side of the ramp :-) :-)

Destiny Deathblood lvl 35 Death Mooshu Tatakai Outpost.
Autumn Pixiedust lvl 22 Life Marleybone Hyde Park.

Survivor
May 17, 2011
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
KingCobra022 wrote:
its a part of the storyline. also how do you get caught in battle during that quest? i have never gotten caught even on my 1st wizard during that quest.