Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Ok, I was wondering a bit about treasure cards and if people use them often enough. Mainly I am curious about enhancing spells like tough. Can I use a treasure card like tough on a regular card in my deck or does it have to be another treasure card? Is it a wise investment to stock up on them?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Kotsana wrote:
Ok, I was wondering a bit about treasure cards and if people use them often enough. Mainly I am curious about enhancing spells like tough. Can I use a treasure card like tough on a regular card in my deck or does it have to be another treasure card? Is it a wise investment to stock up on them?

Tough can only be used on cards in your deck that are school spells, it will not work on other treasure cards, pet cards, wand spells and so on. On my life wizard I won a ton of them so did use them up till I got the Celestia and could start using my training points for the actual Sun school ones.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Kotsana wrote:

yep ya can stack any tc enchantment to something that allows it

tough for any attack spell

sun enchantments might have a specific spell to enchant
like enchant kraken
or enchant sprite

ya cant enchant twice per card
and ya should buy multiple tc to power up those attacks and get rare ones to

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Kotsana wrote:
it can be used on any normal card but not cards from: hats, robes, boots, amulets, and other treasure cards. and in my opinion it is good to stack up on treasure cards like ( depending on your lvl ) monstrous or gargantuan and ALWAYS, ALWAYS buy treasure tower shields.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
You can use tough, monstrous, etc., treasure cards on regular spells in your deck. I like these cards a lot. I don't use treasure cards much, but these are the exception. They can make all the difference.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010

Kosana!! :D

I can see from your join date that you are a fairly new member.
The fact that you get the concept of tough cards after like a month of playing is pretty impressive. I think you're going to do really well in this game!

I absolutely 100% recommend that you continue to use tough and/or strong treasure cards. They are super cheap, and the benefits are amazing. Enchantment cards like those, are the best thing you can use for your wizard. More than ANY other treasure.

To answer your question, you may use tough cards (or any other enchantments) on any of the attacks you have trained :)
They will not work, however, on other treasure cards, cards from pets, or cards from clothing and amulets.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
loki1201 wrote:

Kosana!! :D

I can see from your join date that you are a fairly new member.
The fact that you get the concept of tough cards after like a month of playing is pretty impressive. I think you're going to do really well in this game!

I am actually a returning player but the farthest I got was Mooshu (spelling?) But I was balance and didn't put too much stock into treasure cards. (I played before the astral schools came out) Right now I am testing out a life wizard and I found them to be rather helpful. Something I want to stock up on for sure! I can make it to level 20 in a few hours over about 2-3 days (because I rerolled several times haha) so I figured it would be a good chance to check out some different schools and see which one I like.