Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance referred to weak

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
zephran wrote:
actually balance is too hard to beat for me

Try another school, maybe you're not as good with the one you're using as others?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
I hear many people say that Balance is the weakest school or is on the bottom of the line of ranks. I have to disagree with this. There is no school that's too weak. Balance has its advantages and disadvantages (pros & cons) and same as any other school. Some Balance wizards have amazing strategy to get around their cons (I've done this :-) ) And I know that 30% of Balance wizards have, and some go off complaining. Balance can hit as high as Storm, can be defensive as Ice. Don't refer to Balance being a "weak" school because I don't want my school to be so powerful that it's boring to PvP! This happened to Ice, and I never really play on my Ice wizard anymore. If you're going to say."Ha! See? We do need to weaken Balance's spells/We really do need a Balance Shield!", only the strategic players are good. Spamming a Judgement has no strategy to it, so you're just basically using any spell that can boost a Judgement and finding the attack. No school is weak, nor strong.

Notice how this was before I changed my mind about schools. I want Balance to be a difficult to use school, because the others are, well... simple. I don't like simple schools, complexity is more like it. But, it's true that Balance has gone under the line of what is used to be. Ice's resist really had an effect on Spectral Blast, unless you go for the Ice hit, which isn't worth the 4 pips anyways. Other schools get powerful single hits or AoE's, Balance got Ra for the best damage AoE and the easily shielded Chimera as a single hit spell. Balance isn't weak, but it needs more spells to aid Balance's attacks. Right now, that's my actual opinion as to how Balance really is:
The school that needs better tools.

KI, you know those people that are asking for a Spirit Blast right? I bet that people would be willing to get this at level 78 as a rank 4 spell, not a 10. If Balance gets that, then Balance would be back to where it was before.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Balance isn't really that hard to master(for me), so i don't really understand what you're saying. But i have been able to get by just fine by using ra and nova, along with using life spells to heal. It really isn't that hard to use your skills in pvp, if you follow your instincts(it works for me, anyways). I just do 2v2 all the time, so i don't have to worry about more than two schools at once. I mean seriously? I don't even use hydra or spectral blast or chimera, and i still win a lot! I mean, i can understand if your doing 1v1 and using those spells, but in 2v2-4v4, i wouldn't use them, because there's more than one enemy.
Destiny Bright, lvl 70 Balance

I know it isn't hard to master, but to some other people it may be.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Notice how this was before I changed my mind about schools. I want Balance to be a difficult to use school, because the others are, well... simple. I don't like simple schools, complexity is more like it. But, it's true that Balance has gone under the line of what is used to be. Ice's resist really had an effect on Spectral Blast, unless you go for the Ice hit, which isn't worth the 4 pips anyways. Other schools get powerful single hits or AoE's, Balance got Ra for the best damage AoE and the easily shielded Chimera as a single hit spell. Balance isn't weak, but it needs more spells to aid Balance's attacks. Right now, that's my actual opinion as to how Balance really is:

KI, you know those people that are asking for a Spirit Blast right? I bet that people would be willing to get this at level 78 as a rank 4 spell, not a 10. If Balance gets that, then Balance would be back to where it was before.

I would of responded to your previous post, but I feel that we agree with each other now (or, at least, partially.)

I extremely glad you do now as I am canceling my membership very soon as I am done with wizard101. Why? Well, they is another topic in an of itself.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I would of responded to your previous post, but I feel that we agree with each other now (or, at least, partially.)

I extremely glad you do now as I am canceling my membership very soon as I am done with wizard101. Why? Well, they is another topic in an of itself.

Solstice64,

If so, that will be a great loss to the game and this board.

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Well cya solstice, hope you come back :-)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Well, becuase my dad forgot to cancel my membership, I have another month (I like the message boards, so I guess it's good, but I don't think I'll be touching the game.) Back on topic:

Well joujou, now that you're willing to do something with balance, now we get to do the fun part and decide what to do. Balance has so many routes to go so I feel it is definitely worth discussing, then again, that may be going off topic.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
Well, becuase my dad forgot to cancel my membership, I have another month (I like the message boards, so I guess it's good, but I don't think I'll be touching the game.) Back on topic:

Well joujou, now that you're willing to do something with balance, now we get to do the fun part and decide what to do. Balance has so many routes to go so I feel it is definitely worth discussing, then again, that may be going off topic.

I guess I could be doing that for my last couple of days of my subscription (I'll renew it in a couple weeks/days/minutes after its out)

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Really there is no shield for balance??? As I remember Tower Shield is quite effective for hindering my damage. Especially with a 50% tower shield and the 55% treasure card tower shield. So quit whining there is no shield bc there is... And if you haven't played balance our damage isn't that high.

watsupdog111 wrote:
if balance was weak people wouldn't ask for a balance shield

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Heather824 wrote:
Really there is no shield for balance??? As I remember Tower Shield is quite effective for hindering my damage. Especially with a 50% tower shield and the 55% treasure card tower shield. So quit whining there is no shield bc there is... And if you haven't played balance our damage isn't that high.

watsupdog111 wrote:
if balance was weak people wouldn't ask for a balance shield

That's Balance's simple play. I tend to use MC Pierce pets as well as Dragonblade and resist, so shields won't do a thing and I hit pretty hard. Balance can be played offensively and defensively.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
Even though I am not in Balance, they have alot of variety of spells and they don't focus on one thing like all the other schools do. :x
What if somebody referred your school to being weak?
Would u be mad? :x Probably.So please don't be so offensive about other people's schools.

Valkoor Mythrider Level 46 Pyromancer

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
awesomedragon596 wrote:
Even though I am not in Balance, they have alot of variety of spells and they don't focus on one thing like all the other schools do. :x
What if somebody referred your school to being weak?
Would u be mad? :x Probably.So please don't be so offensive about other people's schools.

Valkoor Mythrider Level 46 Pyromancer

No, it doesn't really make anyone mad. The school isn't you, so no one should be mad about it.