Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop rates

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Just about everyone, will farm for items, but it can, like it has for me, take many hours or even days to get it. like, maybe on average, it could take one hour if your unlucky. I am trying to collect a "Oyotomi's jade blade" so far I spent over three hours trying to get it, using woolly mammoth after woolly mammoth, but no signs of getting it anytime soon. In fact, before I quit, he stopped giving me drops altogether. Think that was bad? Waterworks frostbit and tower of the helephant items were worse. They took forever.
My point is, can the drop rate be increased so I have more free time?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
This is a long debated issue in many top mmorpg's.

One side debates that they are casual players and deserve more time with family, friends, school, work, and etc.. And that they can't afford to have a life and play the game at the same time no matter how much they love it.

The other side argues that everything is fine and like everything else, it takes time to work your way up. Plus it would be no fun/fair if people could shoot up the gear ladder faster than it took others to do. People who play longer should have more benefits, a guy who plays half an hour a day should not be better off than a guy who plays four hours a day so to speak.

My philosophy goes with neither side; I am a casual player who likes to work at what he is playing. I don't like to sit down and an hour later have all the top loot in the game. The trick is though, timing the drop rates with content release; you don't want to give your players all the gear and have them sitting around for two months doing nothing, but neither should you make them play hard for two months only to have new content released as soon as they get it.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Zezick wrote:
This is a long debated issue in many top mmorpg's.

One side debates that they are casual players and deserve more time with family, friends, school, work, and etc.. And that they can't afford to have a life and play the game at the same time no matter how much they love it.

The other side argues that everything is fine and like everything else, it takes time to work your way up. Plus it would be no fun/fair if people could shoot up the gear ladder faster than it took others to do. People who play longer should have more benefits, a guy who plays half an hour a day should not be better off than a guy who plays four hours a day so to speak.

My philosophy goes with neither side; I am a casual player who likes to work at what he is playing. I don't like to sit down and an hour later have all the top loot in the game. The trick is though, timing the drop rates with content release; you don't want to give your players all the gear and have them sitting around for two months doing nothing, but neither should you make them play hard for two months only to have new content released as soon as they get it.

It's not like I don't want to work my way up, it's that I don't want to go insane about it. Constantly fighting bosses that can take 2 hours just to get to, not getting it, then trying again, losing another 2 hours and still not get it can be depressing. It took maybe a week for me to get my Frostbit cape. And I know that I had very little hope at the end. There's even less of a point on older bosses, like oyotomi, to get his blade because It can simply not be worth it. And, in my case, it can cause a glitch to happen. He wouldn't give anything, not even gold, and I couldn't pick up a black lotus either. Something should really be worked out, and that hasn't really changed.