Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Honey Sickle Seeds?

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
I may have missed an update or something--I know that you can't buy honey sickle seeds from vendors anymore, but is it the case that they don't drop their seeds, either? I just harvested my last two, and got no seeds at elder. I wonder what the logic is here--I mean, they only drop blades, and one blade is pretty useless by itself. You'd have to grow a fair number of them for it to be worth the effort, and (if my experience is typical) that is no longer possible. It seems that these plants are being (effectively) phased out of the game.

Speaking for myself, I'm not going to run back to WC to farm for seeds that only give two harvests and then nothing at all.

I guess this is all because PvP-ers were stacking blades like crazy, or something. But it's too bad, whatever the reason. :(

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
A group of green men dropped a honey sickle seed during my stay in wisteria. I noticed because I haven't seen a honey sickle in forever. However, I wasn't interested in trying to get another.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Another terrible idea KI. First the trumpet gets watered down then the honey sickels? It is obvious you are trying to appeal to a wide crowd. The choices your development team continues to make knock down the members who come back for the sole purpose of PVP.

Questing is endured (barely) to get gold to be able to compete in PVP. Here is a good planting idea: make all those worthless plants that are no auction- sell items. Make some new armor gear worth buying. Add some new warlord gear. Hire a team of people devoted to the PVP aspect of this game because the last few choices are destroying your creation piece by piece.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Tempertest, not everyone plays pvp, and as one of those who abhors it I'm sick of you guys whining about needing to be catered to.
It was the pvp freaks that got the crafted celestia wands remade to only give one power pip instead of two, because it "wasn't fair in pvp". Phaw, now in avalon we got enemies starting with four power pips and we're still stuck with two on the first round. I'm personally not happy to get medusa thrown at me before the battle can really start.
This game was created around a storyline, and from your post you've made it perfectly clear you care nothing about this, and I'll wager most of the other pvp freaks don't either.
High time to put the arena in as a totally seperate section of gaming. I'm tired as a pve player of getting shorted because you guys say it isn't fair to you, and you're tired of whatever because the game was based around the pve players.
Time we go our seperate ways and good ridance. BTW might as well make pvp clothing to be used in pvp only. I know i don't use it, and don't ever care to.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
FleurDeMort wrote:
Tempertest, not everyone plays pvp, and as one of those who abhors it I'm sick of you guys whining about needing to be catered to.
It was the pvp freaks that got the crafted celestia wands remade to only give one power pip instead of two, because it "wasn't fair in pvp". Phaw, now in avalon we got enemies starting with four power pips and we're still stuck with two on the first round. I'm personally not happy to get medusa thrown at me before the battle can really start.
This game was created around a storyline, and from your post you've made it perfectly clear you care nothing about this, and I'll wager most of the other pvp freaks don't either.
High time to put the arena in as a totally seperate section of gaming. I'm tired as a pve player of getting shorted because you guys say it isn't fair to you, and you're tired of whatever because the game was based around the pve players.
Time we go our seperate ways and good ridance. BTW might as well make pvp clothing to be used in pvp only. I know i don't use it, and don't ever care to.

I was one of those people who HATED the Arena the first I tried it out ... if you aren't into competition why bother? But being an Arena RAT (Randomly Awesome Teammate) has taught me a LOT about game mechanics. Yes, us Arena RATs whined about the 2 power pip wand, but you know what, having 6 pips to start isnt going to do anything to help you versus that first round Medusa the mobs throw at you. PvP teaches you to think outside the box, and thats a very good thing!

I thought this discussion was about Honey Sickle seeds anyway? I have noticed they are being nerfed also. I use them to help people with boss battles and getting only 2 blades at elder harvest is meh. They are easy enough to farm for at higher levels, first round colossal AoE wipes out most WC mobs easily, but why nerf the rewards? And since many other plants have them as a like, it makes it even worse.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Just a guess, is it because of the recent gardening level increase that the seeds aren't readily available at the bazaar currently? They're a pretty choice plant, and if people started gardening again primarily to raise their level, maybe they want the highly usable drops these provide with little complexity involved in raising the seeds. Only speculation though.

I used to grow a lot of honey sickle and the seeds were pretty routinely available at the bazaar. Now they are very difficult to find at all. Here's my wish list for honey sickle;

-One (or a few) monsters with high drop rates for honey sickle

-A boss with a guaranteed honey sickle drop

-A way to better your chances of receiving the desired school drops from the plants, such as placing an object near them (as you would with the weapon rack that they 'like')

I prefer to buy these seeds to save time, but I wouldn't mind doing the work to get the seeds if I was guaranteed a reasonable rate of success. I do want to emphasize that planting an expensive crop (I plant 24 at a time, so that's at least 28,800 for a planting at the lowest price - 1,200 coins each, I believe, though they are 2,400 now) becomes frustrating when you receive only 2 or 3 blade cards from the school you want.

So, I like the cards, and I liked to be able to use them without worry that I'd be able to resupply myself. BTW, I used them almost exclusively for PvE. I enjoy PvP, but only infrequently. I really don't see why a PvP fan wouldn't go to the trouble to gain the maximum advantage they can.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
I agree there should be a boss that always drops at least one honey sickle and there should be an item to make sure you get your schools blades and if they aren't they should give an item for our schools to use fickel pickels i meen you get your blades from that to but they're are to many treasure cards you get from it it's rare that you actually get your schools blade