Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options of customizing your characters.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
The character creator is very vague and simple to me, i really think they should add more options like the height, the weight,the arms, legs,etc. Does anybody agree?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
I agree with you. I mean, we can create our wizard once and our tastes may change in the time we are playing. There should be a hairdresser which you can change your hairstyle/color with special regional hairstyles with crowns or gold.

...They could even go all out and give hairstyles stats! XD
...I'm just kidding. That would be a bit strange.

Things like the height, weight, dimentions would be awkward to add later as new characters would be all customized when older characters would be at default settings. The wizards you play as are supposed to be children as well so I'm not sure what my position is on that.

For the majority, I believe that KingsIsle should expand on their current system but not go all out on the customization. ^^

Survivor
May 24, 2009
how about the ability to have beards, goat tees, & mustaches.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
i like the idea of a hairdresser but what about a plasic surgen to change your looks? just a thought.......

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
The character creator is very vague and simple to me, i really think they should add more options like the height, the weight,the arms, legs,etc. Does anybody agree?

Here's what little kids would do: Make their wizards short and fat. That's why wizard101 doesn't have this aspect.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

Here's what little kids would do: Make their wizards short and fat. That's why wizard101 doesn't have this aspect.

Plus, aren't the wizards supposed to be of the same age? The characters are supposed to be kids, though anyone can create one. It would also be confusing, since that option wasn't at the begining at the game at an earlier date. I think we should make them once, and keep them that way (so I'm a No for the "hair salon" or "hair dresser" idea.)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:

Sorry, I don't agree.
I think just more choices in hair styles and faces, and even clothes at the beginning would be nice.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
eggywig wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

Plus, aren't the wizards supposed to be of the same age? The characters are supposed to be kids, though anyone can create one. It would also be confusing, since that option wasn't at the begining at the game at an earlier date. I think we should make them once, and keep them that way (so I'm a No for the "hair salon" or "hair dresser" idea.)
Did i ever say i wanted a hair salon? Did i ever say i wanted a hair dresser? please read posts before you reply

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I just think one of the empty buildings in the shopping district should be called the wizard city salon, where we can go and pay a small fee to change our characters features (facial features, eye color, hair color, skin color) and change our names if we so choose. I have one student whos first name and hair I really hate now. The name thing could seem kinda confusing, but it could stay the same old name on your friends lists but show up the new name when they message you, and you see your new name in your stats page. I thought they may have already added this feature for the name change somehow because the other day I was messaged by a guy on my list named Brandon, however, when I right clicked his name and sent him a reply it showed that I replied to a Robert, had the same last name but this kid had no clue why his name on my page was showing that I was messaging Robert yet getting replies from Brandon.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I like the idea of a hair salon and more options for customizing.
However, like previous posters have said, the height/weight thing could get out of control.
These wizards are supposed to be children, so beards are out of the question.
Changing facial features and name would get way too confusing unless you knew that player well.
The should also be a face paint parlor or something to add a bit more creativity to your character. ( and maybe pet/clothes)

Wolf Silverblade, Lvl 68 Thaumaturge

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I agree. My friend quit Wizard101 because he didn't feel there was enough customization.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:
I just think one of the empty buildings in the shopping district should be called the wizard city salon, where we can go and pay a small fee to change our characters features (facial features, eye color, hair color, skin color) and change our names if we so choose. I have one student whos first name and hair I really hate now. The name thing could seem kinda confusing, but it could stay the same old name on your friends lists but show up the new name when they message you, and you see your new name in your stats page. I thought they may have already added this feature for the name change somehow because the other day I was messaged by a guy on my list named Brandon, however, when I right clicked his name and sent him a reply it showed that I replied to a Robert, had the same last name but this kid had no clue why his name on my page was showing that I was messaging Robert yet getting replies from Brandon.
There is one problem about the facial changes and hair color and that is how are your friends going to remember you?

Survivor
May 24, 2009
TarynHeart wrote:

this has been suggested and here is the reply, no on the facial changes, yes on the barber shop, just look up any ideas that has the name valedonte on it, ok, and ki has said this before, they will not do the facial changes idea, once your wizard is made, its perminate, but they might go with the hair salon/barber shop idea, idk.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
eggywig wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

Did i ever say i wanted a hair salon? Did i ever say i wanted a hair dresser? please read posts before you reply

I did, and every other post on this thread. I say that I'm a no for the sole reason of saying that I'm a no because other posters were mentioning this idea. The original poster said to add height, weight, arms, legs, etc, and then someone else mentioned the hair salon idea since the original poster was talking about adding character customization. So I'm a no for both ideas posted on this thread.