Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Recurring Membership

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I was noticing how much of a pain it was to have the recurring membership. It would be very nice if the membership was monthly and you could simply sign up again at the end of the month/year. I'm a younger player, and my Dad no longer wants to pay for my membership because if I forget to cancel it, it just charges again. This is remarkably annoying; it would be nice if you could just have a choice about the automatic renewal. I was wondering anyone else saw this as an issue.
I thought a reasonable solution was just to have a choice about whether or not you want to have your membership renew automatically at the end of the month (I know some people like the renewal). Just a check box, that’s all I ask. It also seems that Wizard101 would lose some business because certain people just don’t want to mess with a recurring membership. Please, please, please change this, I love Wizard101 and would hate if the only reason I couldn’t play was because my parents didn’t want to risk me forgetting to cancel my membership.
Thanks!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Katrianni wrote:
I was noticing how much of a pain it was to have the recurring membership. It would be very nice if the membership was monthly and you could simply sign up again at the end of the month/year. I'm a younger player, and my Dad no longer wants to pay for my membership because if I forget to cancel it, it just charges again. This is remarkably annoying; it would be nice if you could just have a choice about the automatic renewal. I was wondering anyone else saw this as an issue.
I thought a reasonable solution was just to have a choice about whether or not you want to have your membership renew automatically at the end of the month (I know some people like the renewal). Just a check box, that’s all I ask. It also seems that Wizard101 would lose some business because certain people just don’t want to mess with a recurring membership. Please, please, please change this, I love Wizard101 and would hate if the only reason I couldn’t play was because my parents didn’t want to risk me forgetting to cancel my membership.
Thanks!

You can already do that. You can cancel at any time. The moment you decide you don't want to play anymore, you cancel your membership. You can continue to play until that date arrives. You don't have to wait or remember to cancel later.

The other option is to buy game cards that you redeem for membership. You purchase for a certain amount of months and if you stop playing you eventually lose membership and you don't get charged again.