Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Screen Shot question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I know how to make a screenshot but i can not get my characters name to show up on the screen shot can anyone tell me how to do this please

Administrator
There are several options for what names you see - in game hit your ESC key, which will bring up an options panel.

You will find a setting in your Options panel called "Overhead Names".
The selections are:
Everyone (shows all names, people, pets things and residents of Wizard City)
None (shows no names at all)
Players (shows all player names only but not residents or things)
Non Players (shows all residents, and things, but not players)
All Others (shows everyone but yourself)

If you have your "Show Names" view set to "Non-Players" you can still move your cursor over someone to see their name appear above their head! If you have your "Show Names" view set to none, you can still move your cursor over other players, shopkeepers and residents, as well as creatures to see their name and title.

You may want to adjust this setting to suit your play style.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I also have a screenshot question, I take the screenshot, but do not know how to find it on my computer.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
To take a screen shot, press the following: "Alt+PrtScreen (aka Print Screen)"
That takes a screen shot and puts it in the clipboard (just in case this wasn't clear, you DO NOT press "+" to take a screen shot). You then press: "Alt+Tab" to minimize Wizard101. After that, open an application like "Paint", or I personally found that Microsoft Word worked fine, and paste the image there ("Ctl+V" or in the drop down menu Edit then Paste). Save it, and Voila! A screen shot.
I'd like to note however, that it has been reported not to work on a Labtop, so I suggest using a Desktop.

Hope that this was informative.

"Nothing is nothing. Don't pretend it's anything else."

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
jorr45 wrote:
That takes a screen shot and puts it in the clipboard (just in case this wasn't clear, you DO NOT press "+" to take a screen shot). You then press: "Alt+Tab" to minimize Wizard101. After that, open an application like "Paint", or I personally found that Microsoft Word worked fine, and paste the image there ("Ctl+V" or in the drop down menu Edit then Paste). Save it, and Voila! A screen shot.
I'd like to note however, that it has been reported not to work on a Labtop, so I suggest using a Desktop.

ok ty this really helped i have some beast screen shots but couldnt find them

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
darkestwizardever wrote:
jorr45 wrote:

ok ty this really helped i have some beast screen shots but couldnt find them.

Hey btw it didnt work for some reason, i cant find the screen shots on either way

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
KatieCat1234 wrote:
I also have a screenshot question, I take the screenshot, but do not know how to find it on my computer.

After pressing "prt scr" you should see on your computer screen the address for the screenshot that you just captured.

Most often your screenshots will be found in your 'Program Files/KingsIsle Entertainment/Wizard 101" folder. Check the Wizard 101 folder for the jpeg that you just took.

I have mine setup so that the pics are saved to a different location on a second harddrive. So you are able to change the location to suit your needs.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)