Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strumming an Irish Harp.

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
So...
When I got an Irish/Scottish/clàrsach/Gaelic Harp-wand last Saint Patric's Day...
I was a bit disappointed that my character waved it around like a wand.
These days, we have snake charming flutes with sound, and bows that can shoot like a fire elf: pew, pew, and pew!
Next Saint Patric's Day, could we have a harp strumming animation? Attached to the St Patric's day harps if possible...
I guess we must have have sound as well, though I know that is pushing it.

You could reuse the animation too. I am sure myth wouldn't mind having a Lyre. A nice little Greek stringed instrument, that just happens to be played with a similar motion.

Oh, how about those pan pipes the centaur plays? I could us a set of those...

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I doubt that my suggestion has a chance of being implemented if no one comments in this thread. Even a "good idea." post is useful.
If you don't like my ideas please feel free to reply and tell me why.
I mean, twenty-one views without comments? Twenty-one people who don't care either way?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
zebulous wrote:
I doubt that my suggestion has a chance of being implemented if no one comments in this thread. Even a "good idea." post is useful.
If you don't like my ideas please feel free to reply and tell me why.
I mean, twenty-one views without comments? Twenty-one people who don't care either way?

This might be a surprise, but the amount of comments has nothing to do with whether an idea gets implemented or not. Many posts/comments have called on free crowns to be given to players for this or that, but has never happened.

There has been over 30 posts calling for the nerfing of Judgement, but hasn't happened. Probably four times that asking for a new Storm minion.

I personally think you have a better shot at it getting implemented the more people don't draw attention to it, since KI has stated there are legal issues with using ideas directly attributed to players.

....and I wouldn't mind having a new animation beyond the tired out wand flick, whether it was a harp, harmonica or Pan's Flute.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
i think that's a really good idea. it makes sense. btw it's a satyr that plays the pan pipes anyway awesome idea 8) 8) 8)

Colin DragonHunter level 50 pyromancer

Blaze Life level 58 theurgest

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay, first I had to look up what a Lyre is (Sorry, I don't know my stringed instruments except for the basics) but they do look pretty cool. How bout a Mandolin or a Mandola (Yes, they are different things. Look it up!). One of my favorite book characters plays a Mandola, and I have been interested in them (as well as mandolins) for quite a while. Oh, and I am all for the Panpipes. Love those things!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010

ah mythology mix up!

Though now I realize that the elves aren't the only ones taking archery class.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010