Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

SCALD Spell!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
I am in Marleybone and there has been a change with Zeke in Marleybone.
I was saving up for Scald, but since it has changed, I can't get it any more in the regular shops.
Can you get Scald someplace else?

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
What school do you belong to? The old crown gear are gone now and are replaced by new ones. I don't know where you can get it anywhere else because it is an exclusive fire school spell.

On another note I liked the old crown gear than the new ones that came out.

Kyle Firehaven
Mater Pyromancer

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
darknesschaos wrote:
What school do you belong to? The old crown gear are gone now and are replaced by new ones. I don't know where you can get it anywhere else because it is an exclusive fire school spell.

Kyle Firehaven
Mater Pyromancer

Do we know when or where this Scald spell is given to the Fire School students? I am a Fire School Student but only just now going up against the Queen in Kroktopia.

Also, I agree with you on the Zeke items. I too was saving up to get something better but low and behold they have junk now. All of which is not worth the money or time.

Hunter SilverHeart

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
Wow I am a pyro wizard and I didn't know that there used to be a way to get the scald spell any way but being a fire wizard.

You know there are some spells that are exclusive to certain schools and I think that's the way it should be. I know as a fire wizard I wouldn't mind having the unicorn spell that the life wizards have.

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
This is because of the switch, they took out the original because they said they were being 'retired'. This issue is very in depth.

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
darknesschaos wrote:

Kyle Firehaven
Mater Pyromancer

AWWW.... i am totally opposite of fire... Ice ...... if anyone knows if it will come later plz plz plz tell me I need it so badly. It will give me a great advantage defeating cats.

Destiny MistGem
Hero of Krokotopia
Ice/Storm

Survivor
Aug 24, 2008
Use your ice prism if need be. I only put them in my deck if I see I am about to be fighting other ice foes. In fact I have started to buy two-three extra decks to counter some of the problems I have, One is my basic Ice/death deck for everyday dueling, a solid mix of the two schools. Another I geared towards Ice foes, mostly prisms and a bit more death magic. Finally I have one that is like the Ice/Death except I use my taunts and other attention grabbing spells with some buffs and extra traps for good measure.

It takes a bit of work but it really pays off in the end. But all in all just have fun with it.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
I was just dropping by Pat O' Gold today in the Shopping District, and it seems to me that she had something along those lines in her inventory. Absolutely DO NOT take my word for it, I was just randomly flipping through what she had, but if you're really interested in getting it, that might be what you've been looking for.

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
Teldon wrote:
Use your ice prism if need be. I only put them in my deck if I see I am about to be fighting other ice foes. In fact I have started to buy two-three extra decks to counter some of the problems I have, One is my basic Ice/death deck for everyday dueling, a solid mix of the two schools. Another I geared towards Ice foes, mostly prisms and a bit more death magic. Finally I have one that is like the Ice/Death except I use my taunts and other attention grabbing spells with some buffs and extra traps for good measure.

It takes a bit of work but it really pays off in the end. But all in all just have fun with it.

I do use it, but it never shows up on my deck when I am in battle.

This is a BIG problem for me on this game.

Destiny MistGem
Hero of Krokotopia
Ice/Storm

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Dorrisa wrote:
Teldon wrote:

Destiny MistGem
Hero of Krokotopia
Ice/Storm

Make sure that you have a deck where you can have more copies of spells from your main school, and they'll have a better chance of showing up in your hand. My current deck allows 5 cards from my school's spells, and 3 from non-school spells.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Dorrisa wrote:

Destiny MistGem

Put a few in your Treasure card slots and then search for them there. I have bought a few packs (there are many there), you can buy normally, or use a modifing treasure to prep them.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
All very interesting, but none of these posts say where to get the Scald spell or what replaced the Scald spell.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
Nosleep wrote:
All very interesting, but none of these posts say where to get the Scald spell or what replaced the Scald spell.

Nothing replaced it. You can get it if you're a fire wizard for exclusive, but you can't get it if you're another type of wizard. The cloak was replaced not the spell.

Destiny MistGem
lvl 35

Destiny MistFist
lvl 9

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
smvb wrote:
Dorrisa wrote:
Teldon wrote:

Destiny MistGem
Hero of Krokotopia
Ice/Storm

Make sure that you have a deck where you can have more copies of spells from your main school, and they'll have a better chance of showing up in your hand. My current deck allows 5 cards from my school's spells, and 3 from non-school spells.

That's another problem because I mostly choose storm spells instead of Ice even though I am a Thaumaturge.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
The scald is fire school only (except for learned on a quest at the end of Marleybone.
The other schools:
Storm- Wild bolt
Balance- Bladestorm
Death- Plague
Life- Guiding light
Myth- Blinding light
ice doesnt recieve a spell :-(

Sincerely,
Brandon ThuunderSword

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Dorrisa wrote:
That's another problem because I mostly choose storm spells instead of Ice even though I am a Thaumaturge.

You really should fix that. Once you get iceblade and a higher power pip chance, ice spells will do more damage for you than storm, anyway.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Dorrisa wrote:
I am in Marleybone and there has been a change with Zeke in Marleybone.
I was saving up for Scald, but since it has changed, I can't get it any more in the regular shops.
Can you get Scald someplace else?

I just completed Big Ben and when Sherlock Bones gives you the quest to go back to Ambrose, he gives you the quest to go into Mooshu and also gives FIRE school the Scald Spell. I did the same thing with my life but I cant remember what he gave my life guy.