Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre: Past

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 30, 2009
My idea is to have an event in which Dragonspyre is set in the past. Cyrus Drake would give the quest. Students would be able to attend the school with brand new spells. In turn defend Dragonspyre from the Titan Army. While possibly take on Wysteria in their tournament. Is this a good idea?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I don't know, Dragonspyre would look drastically different for people who beat the quest in that case. It would ruin the, um, ruined look of Dragonspyre, and it would need a lot of extra work on Kingsisle's part. I wouldn't say no to a special portal in the Basilica that lets you access the past, however. It could open up a sidequest line.

Explorer
May 30, 2009
Yeah! I totally agree on the idea of a side quest line based on the past of Dragonspyre. I wasn't trying to cause Kingsisle more trouble lol. :D

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
Perhaps it could be another vault in the Grand Chasm with another Time Crystal that does this except that it leads to all of Dragonspyre.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
that would mess up the history since if you change the past, it changes its future so past DS and present DS would be excactly the same if you killed the dragon titan. btw, what makes you think you can kill it? its a massive dragon. if you didnt notice, the giant statue surrounding the great spyre is the dragon titan. i like your idea but think more about it next time

Explorer
May 30, 2009
marolin23 wrote:
that would mess up the history since if you change the past, it changes its future so past DS and present DS would be excactly the same if you killed the dragon titan. btw, what makes you think you can kill it? its a massive dragon. if you didnt notice, the giant statue surrounding the great spyre is the dragon titan. i like your idea but think more about it next time

It was supposed to be like the final boss malistare with instead of 10000 health with 25000 health. Do what you would like. I just thought it would be a good idea. :P

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wizard7867 wrote:
My idea is to have an event in which Dragonspyre is set in the past. Cyrus Drake would give the quest. Students would be able to attend the school with brand new spells. In turn defend Dragonspyre from the Titan Army. While possibly take on Wysteria in their tournament. Is this a good idea?

This already exists- there is an entire quest chain involving Dragonspyre's past, so I doubt they'd rewrite the entire plot for something like this.

Also, Wysteria is about more than a few levels back of DS- you can get there at 25, but you get out of DS around level 50 or so.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
Now I'm level 64 and I can go to all worlds. Now take my advice with this, I think the part where you go to the past in the Grand Chasm in DS is AWESOME!! But you can't go anywhere else besides that vault place and I think if they let you out anywhere else in DS past It will take the mystery out of DS's past.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
I don't know, Dragonspyre would look drastically different for people who beat the quest in that case. It would ruin the, um, ruined look of Dragonspyre, and it would need a lot of extra work on Kingsisle's part. I wouldn't say no to a special portal in the Basilica that lets you access the past, however. It could open up a sidequest line.

I Agree with you, But I would like to see a LOT more of Dragonspyre Past, It just looks so serene and it could be a side quest that gives you a little bit of background to the DS story, maybe we could see more people that we know as ghosts alive.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
marolin23 wrote:

How about this? Instead we just give you a little bit of background into the DS story, just let you see what the final days of Dragonspyre were like, but you couldn't change anything, but you could try and help with saving DS even though it would be futile. Thats my idea anyway :)

Explorer
May 30, 2009
GBOY5436 wrote:
marolin23 wrote:

How about this? Instead we just give you a little bit of background into the DS story, just let you see what the final days of Dragonspyre were like, but you couldn't change anything, but you could try and help with saving DS even though it would be futile. Thats my idea anyway :)

I think that would be an awesome idea.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
wizard7867 wrote:

Time may be an illusion, but it still exists. Time can't be changed without consequence. Perhaps you can fail the saving of Dragonspyre, with the same drastic results as of if this was never inplemented. As for the spells, no. It could be like the Wintertusk of Dragonspyre.
*was actually going to suggest this*

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
Guys think about it. If you successfully defended DS from the dragon titan then it wouldnt be what it is in the present. I think you should be able to battle him but it turns him to stone and you see a cutscene of the dragon army advancing and turning dragonspyre into what it is in the present that way its possible to farm him