Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Program will not load

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
after update my wizardgraphicalclent.exe does not respond but it worked before update i'm on windows vista

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
Try updating to SP1 I bet that's your problem also make sure all direct x is updated

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
I had same problem I had to update to SP1 then uninstall and reinstall the game and it works now

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Well am having the same problem on vista. And every thing is uptodate sp its not the sp1 or dx. So if any one with some real information please help.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Same thing here, I'm on vista too. Worked initially but now it doesn't. Please don't tell me I have to remove it and start over. Is there another fix?

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
help help plz help i can not get into the game since the update. i am windows xp and everything is up to date.. it is now 3pm here and i have tried everything since 9 am to get to my wizards on my computer and i can not. plz plz some one tell me how to fix this hex. i am sure my wizards think i have abanded them as i have never stayed away this long before.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
also same problem.. running vista also... I will try the uninstall, reinstall, but i am not happy i cannot load client... my son got me addicted to this game, and i paid for it and took it from him ....lol......please help me...

Survivor
Jun 19, 2008
Schizott wrote:
Try updating to SP1 I bet that's your problem also make sure all direct x is updated

uh how do you update it and what is it?

Survivor
May 23, 2008
This is very odd issue. We are currently investigating what could be the reason for that.
In the mean time, I suggest to try uninstall the game, delete the directory where it was installed, and reinstall again.

Don't worry about your wizards - they will not be harmed. The wizard information is stored in our archives and is not damaged when the game gets reinstalled.

Please try that and post here if this had helped.

Sir Reginald Baxby
Big Bug Hunter

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
SirReginaldBaxby wrote:
This is very odd issue. We are currently investigating what could be the reason for that.
In the mean time, I suggest to try uninstall the game, delete the directory where it was installed, and reinstall again.

Don't worry about your wizards - they will not be harmed. The wizard information is stored in our archives and is not damaged when the game gets reinstalled.

Please try that and post here if this had helped.

Sir Reginald Baxby
Big Bug Hunter

I really really do not want to have to uninstall and reinstall :x , as it takes so much time. Having to wait for each world to reinstall, waiting for the initial instalation, having my friends asking me to join them in other worlds :-) and explaining i have to reinstall is not any easy thing to do . Pluss I share my computer with my son, he will be ready to kill me before i even get to play isn't there any way to fix this without having to do this EACH TIME YOU DO A MAJOR UPDATE. I love my wizards :D, but this is very very annoying to have happen EVERY MAJOR UPDATE.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
SirReginaldBaxby wrote:

Well, I'm not sure if this helps any but I was logged in to the game. I logged off just to switch my settings to play Wizard101 in Windows mode instead of full screen. I wanted to see which one I liked better. This is when I received this plague of an issue. This has happened on both my computers. Desktop has Windows XP for an OS and my Laptop has Windows Vista.

Like I said I don't know if this is of any help but it gives the Developers a place to start.

I will try the solution you have offered and see if I can fix it. If not, Then I will most likely be unsubscribing both my accounts. I don't see any reason to pay for a product I can't use.

Thank you
Blaze DragonRider

Survivor
May 23, 2008
Unfortunately we don't have precise information why did that happen. Without access to an individual machine it is not possible to determine the reason to failure. Please be assured that we are working hard on this issue, but reinstall of the game is the best advice I can give you now.

Sincerely,
Sir Reginald Baxby,
Big Bug Hunter

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Same problem here! So frustrating! I've uninstalled, and reinstalled.... How about some sort of compensation for the loss of game time? Perhaps some crowns or SOMETHING? :D

UPDATE! Problem solved! Though after un and reinstalling, I had turned my Zone Alarm firewall off, it kept the old Wizard 101 listing. So I had two listings for it, one allowed, and one blocked (though I don't know why since my firewall was off....) So by allowing the blocked entry, I was able to log into the game. Now I'm waiting for it to load, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

So double check your firewall entries, perhaps yours too is hanging onto two Wizard 101 entries!

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
update irrelevant, uninstall and reinstall worked... also didnt have to delete directories, or reboot...

on personal note,
not real pleased about update, lots of hassles, but we love the game... so uninstall not so bad if you want to play....lol........

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
zoeopal wrote:
Same problem here! So frustrating! I've uninstalled, and reinstalled.... How about some sort of compensation for the loss of game time? Perhaps some crowns or SOMETHING? :D

UPDATE! Problem solved! Though after un and reinstalling, I had turned my Zone Alarm firewall off, it kept the old Wizard 101 listing. So I had two listings for it, one allowed, and one blocked (though I don't know why since my firewall was off....) So by allowing the blocked entry, I was able to log into the game. Now I'm waiting for it to load, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

So double check your firewall entries, perhaps yours too is hanging onto two Wizard 101 entries!

yes yes some kind of compensation for having to uninstall and reinstall after every major update