Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please help, I

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Hello,
I am fairly new to this game but...
I love wizard 101 game! Recently noticed that when helping friends of a higher level my level points were reduced , please explain why?
I love interacting with other players and helping if I can but if I am going to be punished it won't make any sense.

Is this a glitz or part of the game? If you wonder beyond other lands with higher level players?

If so now I understand why the more experience player don't want to help and are even at time nasty with the new wizards. :(
Need to know, thank you so much.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
maricoll wrote:
Hello,
I love wizard 101 game! Recently noticed that when helping friends of a higher level my level points were reduced , please explain why?
I love interacting with other players and helping if I can but if I am going to be punished it won't make any sense.

Is this a glitz or part of the game? If you wonder beyond other lands with higher level players?

If so now I understand why the more experience player don't want to help and are even at time nasty with the new wizards. :(

by level points what do ya mean

if ya mean the xp from dungeons getting lowered then its no glitch because a lvl one can easily level up REALLY fast after a cl dungeon if the didnt lower your xp share

if ya mean your actual level then
either your going a little crazy or its a glitch

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
maricoll wrote:
Hello,

I have 2 accounts with several students on each but only 2 are almost transcended (and still in CL lol) because I use these 2 girls all the time to help others, have been for a long time which is how they leveled up way faster because, unless its a dungeon we need to go in from the outside with the others and dont have access yet) my girls help people all over the spiral. Some areas like the lunarium leveled my not yet legend girl up 2 levels, but in general areas of game play we will get xp of like 39 or 68 xp after a battle. Low xp when doing general battles by yourself or helping others is typical, but you wont get the mega xp they are getting from their quest like you do with your own, unless it's a dungeon that gives everyone the quest xp, i can think of 3, one in krok which i used to get my lvl 1 girls to lvl 10, one in wintertusk nastrond, and i'm sure its the lunarium was the CL one. I'm not sure if the wizard city sunken city does the same thing, but it might, since you can be anywhere in the sunken city and get the ? that pops up when the questing person talks to that girl lol. Oh, there is the labyrinth in DS also that is a follow along dungeon quest.

Be prepared though, if you go thru some of these dungeons with others and get the same mega xp they are getting and its your first time thru the dungeon, when you actually get the quest your own xp will be lower most likely, at least that's what i've heard, and experienced in the lunarium because my life girl wasnt legend so she got the xp when we helped someone, but I was legend and at max cap xp so I didnt get the xp at all during that first 'help a friend' visit, so when I did the quest when I got it, xp was different due to being in it more than once prior to getting the quest. You arent being punished for helping others. However, with zafaria out now, I feel we who helped others and leveled up early are being punished because I have my 2 girls at lvls 69 and 68 and are just getting to the crustacean empire, and have their new spells but no zafaria access until done with CL, nor can they get the new crafting quest :( I think KI should have made it so you need to finish DS then hit legend level 60 and see Merle to get zafaria access. We shouldnt have to almost be transcended to get to zf and get the new craft quest. Its just not fair the way they set up the requirements for the new world. :(
But by all means, keep helping others, the spiral needs more like you. My girls might be questing but if I see 1 or 2 people in a battle that look low on health and the enemies arent dying fast, we jump in to help and heal, and if they need more help we stay, if not we go on questing.
Hope this helped and/or made sense :)