Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More mutated spells

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
It would be cool if we can have more mutated spells like judgement into fiery judgement, and helephant into maelstrom helephant, Tell me what you think.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Noooo! Mutated spells homogenize the schools; each school should remain separate and if anything we need to get rid of mutated spells!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I like the mutate spells.
the draw backs can be interesting. You use up two card slots in your deck to cast a mutate spell. You could end up drawing all mutate or all base cards and take several turns to find the other half. Heaven help you if you are using several different mutates. Fire and death have access to two and can easily use a third with a mastery amulet. I had four copies of three mutate spells in my deck at once. It was a mess. drawing minotaur cards with forsaken banshee mutates and discarding midnight sprite mutates and then drawing sprite cards.
After that I just decided to run with three copies of deadly minotaur.... I still know the other two mutates, but I have no reason to use them.

Indeed, I would say that the mutates are only good if they do something your school can't do... The power level is important too. For instance; my necromancer has a 101% power pip chance. Technically I spend two pips to cast midnight sprite, because I only have power pips to spend. I have to cast it before I cast traps or blades, or it uses them up. It leaves a curse trap behind it. Forsaken banshee is a little better I won't set off my death traps or blades and I can't cast hex anyway... I am not sure that two power pips, or three if not wearing a mastery amulet, is worth a bit of damage and a hex trap. At least it isn't worth it while in celestia.
Deadly minotaur is worth it. It hits harder than wraith and costs me the same number of power pips. Most importantly, deadly minotaur gets rid of death shields and tower shields and I don't have to waste a turn using a wand. Ie. The spell hits hard and gives me the advantages of the school it comes from. I can easily use deadly minotaur in the areas fitting my level.
The forsaken banshee and midnight sprite are to weak for celestia and don't do things I can't do already. Though maybe those mutates are more for life wizards.... I guess a myth wizard wouldn't get much out of deadly minotaur.