Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how hard is malistaire ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
hi i wanted to know how hard malistaire is ? because when i was lvl 40 my lvl 39 friend and i fought the gurtok demon ( which has the same life as malistaire ) and won pretty quickly. so can some tell me how hard he is from a scale from 1 to 10. thx :)

wolf dragonstaff lvl 43 myth

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
dragonlord5600 wrote:
hi i wanted to know how hard malistaire is ? because when i was lvl 40 my lvl 39 friend and i fought the gurtok demon ( which has the same life as malistaire ) and won pretty quickly. so can some tell me how hard he is from a scale from 1 to 10. thx :)

I personally didn't think that Malistaire was so bad.

The hardest part was "getting to him". I found this guide on the fansite, and it helped me a lot:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:The_Great_Spyre

Good Luck.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
I am 99% sure he is hardish because he has 10,000 health and 3 other helping him with i think 1,000 health 8)

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Um..... 4 and a half O.o

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity Orgeblossom level 35 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dragonlord5600 wrote:

Malestaire has a life level of 10,000. and three minions. You need to be a higher level to do this. I'd rate Malestaire as an 8 soloing and with help about a 6.
Just getting to Malestaire is a challenge, but with planning and time it can be done!

Good luck! :)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
well he's not very hard with four people, at my level he is most likely very easy for me but ive only battled him 2 or 3 times

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
he is super easy because i was a level 30 and all he used was manly noob spell and when he has that decreases damage stuff he uses power nova but it is really weak. but getting back to the topic he is super easy

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
bb52 wrote:
he is super easy because i was a level 30 and all he used was manly noob spell and when he has that decreases damage stuff he uses power nova but it is really weak. but getting back to the topic he is super easy

wait how could you fight malistaire when your level 30?

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
avhop567 wrote:
bb52 wrote:

wait how could you fight malistaire when your level 30?
Its obvious that he/she ported to someone and did it with a team not solo

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Malistaire's lair rocks! It's not hard, if:

1. you are in a group.
2. you are a Life wiz
3. you use henchmen.

-

I am level 66, and keep going back to him every time I need a break from the higher-level worlds- at least in part for that adorable cinecam... *sob*

Sigh. I am such a fan-girl. :P

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Malistaire Drake
School: Death
Health: 10,000
Spells: Weakness, Death Blade, Death Trap, Curse, Dark Sprite (oh come on... ) Ghoul, Banshee, Vampire, Skeletal Pirate (more like skeletal Pain ), Wraith, Scarecrow, Fire Elf, Ice Wyvern, Meteor Strike, Lightning Bats, and Storm Shark.
He's not that bad, I mean Jotun is a ton harder. Gurtok Demon is equal in health but easier spell wise.

Though, the Dungeon you have to do sounds really hard. So Malistaire, maybe about an 8 or 7, the dungeon, 10 or 11

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
batistapopal619 wrote:
I am 99% sure he is hardish because he has 10,000 health a nd 3 other helping him with i think 1,000 health 8)
I have beaten him twice with friends but still have not gotten to him myself how lond will it take to get to him??? i am in the place with all those spiders and the dude who looks like zeke the prospecter but has a black beard....

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
eggywig wrote:
He's not that bad, I mean Jotun is a ton harder. Gurtok Demon is equal in health but easier spell wise.

Though, the Dungeon you have to do sounds really hard. So Malistaire, maybe about an 8 or 7, the dungeon, 10 or 11

10K health isn't a lot.... I heard it used to be 25K, but i wasn't around then.

Your comment made me LOL~ I have awesome resistance now but, at level 45-50, I probably would have agreed with you. And yes, Jotun is much worse- few things in game can match Nidavellir, in terms of things that are hair-pullingly awful.

Out of 10:

IMO, Malistaire himself is maybe a 6 or 7; he casts a lot of low-level spells, but watch out for Vampy and Skeletal Pain.

-Use an AOE (at that level, the Balance, Myth, and elemental schools all have them) to weaken the minions. Before you do this, make sure you save your pips- if you can hit them with 2-3 AOEs in a row, they will die faster).

-If you're a necro, prism like crazy and hope for the best.

-All of you should carry at least a few Unbalances (Balance dispels) in your deck- they will keep him and the minions from spamming Weakness traps at you (and they do it quite often).

Don't remind me about those Gurtok demons (I give them an 8 or 9). Even at level 69, they are the worst part of that whole dungeon, and I take great pleasure in beating them up with all kinds of stuff... As soon as the Piercer (ice one) is without a tower shield, he's getting a bladed Power Nova in the face; same goes for all of those weakness-spamming minions.

@ BB52- Power Nova is a rank 7 Balance spell; therefore, Malistaire wouldn't have it. And I'm curious as to how you fought him at level 30, since we're supposed to get there at level 45-50...

You just reminded me that Malistaire hasn't seen my chimera yet... I should go show him. :-P

*cues epic dungeon playlist*

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
malistare is not very hard when you have 4 friends. i fought and beat him at lvl 35! the dungeon is the hard part :)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
Valkoor Nightpyre
Lev 51 Necromancer
I Solo'd Malistair's dungeon last night and beat Malistair the first time I ever faced him.

4 on 1 is always difficult. He got me down to my last 380 health points before I was certain that I had him on the ropes. The 4 goons you have to face right before you fight him beat me because of back to back fizzles and being last on the attack sequence, a fluke, took 8 incoming attacks in a row with no way answer, I had to rush back in before the dungeon reset, once I got into the Malistair battle he went down though.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
dragonlord5600 wrote:

Don't worry about him. I laughed after fighting him because he only casted banshee and death pixie. His minions are the ones that do the real damage. But make sure you bring a few friends to actually get to him. many of the bosses in there have 7000 + health and use up to rank 6 (once rank 7) spells. for this dungeon you should make sure that you learn reshuffle, as it will help you with all your other battles in cl, zf, wintertusk, ect.

Survivor
May 09, 2011
dragonlord5600 wrote:

well he is not that hard if you are storm. no hard fealings