Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worst class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Life, Death Balance and Ice are good with soloing.

Storm.... I have been to busy/lazy to Level her up... But so far its been not bad not good...

Myth... Well, I don't have one so i don't know. O_O

But for me, Life is the best for soloing, especially with Storm and Star/Sun Secondary..

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I have myth, death, life, storm, balance, fire, and ice. By far (so far) its my storm I'd say is the hardest. The fizzle rate is frustrating, but the astral school that adds accuracy has helped. She's on the Floating Land for now and I may chanage my mind when I (finally) get my fire and life wizards there.

So far, my myth, death, balance, and ice are level 70. Who'd have 'thunk" it! lol

I have a hard time with my myth just because she's the very first of my wizards to go into the new worlds. I learn about the cheating bosses and mobs through her. I then find taking my other schools into that world have (usually) an easier time.

Of course, my ice's secondary is storm. Her fizzle rate was off the charts when she was lower ranked. Funny thing, she fizzled less on her secondary (storm) spells as a low level than her primary school. Go figure...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Worst classes to solo the game with (and I've tried):

Storm:

Sestiva, my little diviner, is level 43 and has just beaten Zarathax in DS. Her health is a little over 1500 and, more often than not, she ends up dying before the battle is over; if I know for a fact that she's going to die, I'll call in a henchman to save the fight, so I don't get stuck doing the same tower 80 times. She has Life as a secondary, so I've stacked her deck with Spirit Armor and a million heals (which are pip-guzzlers, since I don't have a mastery amulet), but it doesn't really matter when your health is that low... In short, killing Malistaire will be child's play for her, but only if she survives long enough to hit him (which, at this point, is a BIG if, since there are 4 of them and only one of her).

Death (post-DS):

Val, my grandmaster necro, was in for a shock when I took him to Celestia- a world of one-hit kills, where fizzling even once means instant defeat. Since Death is a trap-heavy class, and requires extensive buffing in order to be effective, he can't seem to find his footing; I always thought necromancers had it so easy, since they appeared to be the strongest class in the game pre-Celestia (Malistaire notwithstanding); now, poor Val is completely lost, and probably my least-played character.

Balance (pre-Legendary):

Getting my sorcerer to level 60 was a nightmare. In fact, the only reason I didn't delete her was because I'd exhausted so much time and patience trying to get there in the first place... but it all got easier from there. So far, with the exception of Belloq, she's coasted through Zafaria without help- even rank 10 Balance bosses, who spam shields and resist everything in my deck. Still, she is my only Balance wizard, and will always be- I don't have the patience to go through it all again.

L.S., transcended sorceress
Sestiva Stormblade, master diviner
& Val/Vampy, the friendly grandmaster necro.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Worst is storm = low health and fizzles
Next worst myth = No really good attack cards that does high damage
last Ice = highest health in game but one of the lowest attacks

Best solo
Fire = good health and second best attack in game next to storm
Death = High health and does good damage along with being able to do damage and heal at the same time
Life = High health and due the to 58 and 68 spells can do good damage also

I will not put balance in the list of worst or best i see them more as a support wizard then anything. sorry balance players but it's true. I know everyone has there own input and there own ways of playing but am going by the wizard themselves and not the players .

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
I'm level 70 storm and since level 55 I've had no fizzle issues at all. My balance fizzles more than storm. With the right gear at all levels even with storm the fizzle rate is low. Its all in the gear.. And as far as storm shields thats what the convert you were given is for. Or you train an off spec and in crafted level 55 gear you can throw from two schools very well with an amulet. I've had no problem in storm or balance. Love them both. Starting life. I also heard someone say someone didn't have dots, well at least two or three schools don't have dots. two of which I play and have really never wished I had. I think dots should primary be fire because they are considered the class that lingers in the guide to the game.

Shiningfantasia wrote:
Out of all schools I have played (Myth, Storm and Fire) I think Storm was the worst.

I did fine solo'ing, but as Storm, I probably had the most frustrating time dealing with lower health and lots of fizzles.

My Myth wizard has his minions, my Fire wizard has a really good minion and naturally negates lots of fire shields, but my Storm wizard had no minions, and a hard time attacking around shields.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I found none of them particularly hard to solo, but Balance was problably the most irritating.

Devin Darksong – lvl 62 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
There really is no worst school. Each school is all basic and equal, it's how good the player is that determines the player's best school. If your the defending, stalling, and shielding type, of course storm would be the worst one, if your the go in now, damage like there's no tomorrow, and go all out type, you would naturally stay away from ice.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
Well a class could solo a game if they could.I don't think any class is the worst or the best :D

Defender
May 17, 2011
life. and i am life and am solo-ing the entire game. mostly.