Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worst class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Hi, I would like to know what YOU think would be the worst class/combo to solo the game with or even have friends accompany you with. I am curious to hear what you guys think!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
well if your doing just one school they all are pretty lousy but i think it would be ice

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I agree ice is a bad for solo but i think any other school is good solo as long as second school is life. I personally like Death as a good solo because you get your helth back.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
zazly wrote:
well if your doing just one school they all are pretty lousy but i think it would be ice

Ice isn't the worst class to solo with. I think that Storm is the worst class to solo with.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I think Life would be the worst to solo with. By the time they get a group attack spell, the game is mostly over. And they don't have a DOT spell either.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
I'd have to say, for a combo of schools, would be fire and storm... sooo many fizzles...
And for the people that think that ice is a weak solo, I soloed the ENTIRE GAME as Ice with the exception of those defense pox things... I also made kt at lvl 8, mb at lvl 18, ms at lvl 27, ds at lvl 36, cl at lvl 48, and zf at the obvious lvl 60. I did that with the combo of ice and fire WITHOUT PVP OR CROWNS GEAR! So ice is one of the best solo classes if you have played the game with a previous character to at least lvl 10.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Out of all schools I have played (Myth, Storm and Fire) I think Storm was the worst.

I did fine solo'ing, but as Storm, I probably had the most frustrating time dealing with lower health and lots of fizzles.

My Myth wizard has his minions, my Fire wizard has a really good minion and naturally negates lots of fire shields, but my Storm wizard had no minions, and a hard time attacking around shields.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
nijac wrote:
zazly wrote:

Ice isn't the worst class to solo with. I think that Storm is the worst class to solo with.
i found storm easy actually i soloed every boss up to the end of wt and about halfway through cl. once lvl 20 storms fizzle problems nearly stops and before that, it takes about 2 lightning bats or 1 storm sharks to finish off a boss if you play smart with monsterouse.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I play death, life, storm, and balance. At the lowest levels storm fizzles a lot and is low on health, but is easy enough to solo with and becomes way easier and fun at mid to high levels. Its my first to level and it blows through everything easy enough.

Death walks through the entire game easy enough solo, zafaria is a bit tedious as everything is death but my death blew through celestia alone like it was nothing and had no trouble before that.

Life is an absolute poin to level until it gets forest lord at level 58 and then leveling either alone or with a group becomes fun. Life plays strong at the highest levels but it really should given how torturously slow it was to level it up without any mass attack or anything fast until level 58.

Balance is a pain until it gets strong cards to increase its sandstorm damage. It hits critical damage a lot and does relatively well until zafaria where it struggles to survive by itself unable to do a lot damage wise.

Fire plays strong and well the entire game through. Ice is too slow for me, so I'm not sure how well it plays. At lower levels myth is very strong and fun to play, but I'm not sure how it plays past Mooshu as I deleted it at that point due to a lack of future interest.

All in all, when you ask what is the worst class to solo the game with it depends a lot on your level, your skill, equipment, build of deck and where you are playing.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Mattimeo321 wrote:
I'd have to say, for a combo of schools, would be fire and storm... sooo many fizzles...
And for the people that think that ice is a weak solo, I soloed the ENTIRE GAME as Ice with the exception of those defense pox things... I also made kt at lvl 8, mb at lvl 18, ms at lvl 27, ds at lvl 36, cl at lvl 48, and zf at the obvious lvl 60. I did that with the combo of ice and fire WITHOUT PVP OR CROWNS GEAR! So ice is one of the best solo classes if you have played the game with a previous character to at least lvl 10.

lol, my upper level storm has 100% casting, while my upper level balance fizzles constantly... none of my other schools have as high of a casting chance as my storm

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I probably never considered leveling speed.

Something that would frustrate me to no ends is leveling speed. With Storm, I used nothing but Tempest until I got Storm Lord, almost instantly destroying everything in my path.

Life wizard would probably not be able to do this. XD

But then again, I doubt Life would be able to grind any slower than my Myth did.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Mattimeo321 wrote:

lol, my upper level storm has 100% casting, while my upper level balance fizzles constantly... none of my other schools have as high of a casting chance as my storm
Tell me how long did it take you to get 100% casting? i suppose legendary or transcended?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
watsupdog111 wrote:
seasnake wrote:
Mattimeo321 wrote:

Tell me how long did it take you to get 100% casting? i suppose legendary or transcended?

Legendary... there isn't any better gear after legendary, the level 60 and under gear is superior to the level 61 to level 70 gear. Zafaria was poorly made all the way through, and I've already commented on how it seemed the programmers did the bare minimum in creating that world. My pet gives me 6% targetting but everything else is equipment. At grandmaster my storm fizzled less than my life. At upper levels balance severely struggles with casting, and I think both life and death do as well unless they have targetting from a pet on them or are using universal equipment that simply isn't the most optimum for them to use.

Storm moves through everything fast, but its low health is obvious and if it doesn't blow through things fast it likely can die and can often be in trouble when going last against hard hitting opponents. Death blows through everything but is slow going much of the time due to an over use of death opponents in the game, life opponents are rare but cast death shields, and you do run across death dispels. Life is by far the easiest to play at end game and after one has forest lord, but getting to level 58 to get forest lord takes forever making life about the most tedious of all the wizards at leveling (per battle solo fight times without lord are typically insanely long). Balance used to be good, it hits criticals a lot and casts fast, but lacks good hit all damage while its advantage of avoiding shields has been nullified by everyone having resistances to all. Fire and Ice both look strong, but I'm neither a fire or ice type player and Ice plays slow leveling up.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
stormschool99 wrote:
Hi, I would like to know what YOU think would be the worst class/combo to solo the game with or even have friends accompany you with. I am curious to hear what you guys think!

I tend to run solo, although as a dedicated healer my primary character, a Life Wizard, spends more than 3/4 his time helping others run their battles lol.

Thus far, though I have wizards in every class (two accounts), I've only gotten Life and Balance up high enough to make an assessment of their solo ability, and they both solo reasonably well. I'm having trouble seeing how to solo the Fizzmasters (Storm and Fire) but I have lots of friends who have.

So I'm going to stop here and simply say I don't know that there is "a" worst class with which to solo. I admit each of us probably has "a" worst class for us, but that would be, as noted by a previous poster, based more on your playing style and needs than on the school itself.

So, given my frustration with reliability, I am going to predict that, for me, the worst class to solo with is going to be Storm.

If I think of it when I get there, I'll post back to see which one truly tested me the most. lol

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Balance is DEFINITELY the worst to solo with. Heck, I couldn't make it through the Crimson Fields without help. Balance takes so much time to stack up all the blades and traps, and we don't have the highest health. Alas, I learned this quite late in the game. We really don't have much. In fact the entire Balance attack mechanism is based on using your secondary school (hence the elemental and spirit blades and traps). Leveling speed is decent though. It took me two years to get where I am now in MooShu, with subscriptions for about 1 1/2 years. Then again, I don't play as often as some people, and I take my time with games. I have a pokemon game and my friend got past where I was in a month, and it had taken me 4 years to get there. I've had the game for 5 years and still haven't beaten it yet. Then I got a new pokemon game and I got fairly far in a few months, then another girl I knew got the same game and beat what I had done in about 2 weeks. I guess I just like taking my time with games.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
malt22 wrote:
I think Life would be the worst to solo with. By the time they get a group attack spell, the game is mostly over. And they don't have a DOT spell either.

Malt, whats your problem? Life is the best to solo the game with. I would say that Death is because most enemies are death so thats hard. BTW, Life is best because we get healing and attacks, we do have a DoT, just another version- A HoT (Heal over Time). And we get the coolest looking spells. (Hehehe). Just think about it. Cya in the spiral, peeps!

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
storm is the worst school to solo with because there are so many fizzles if your gonna solo go with fire it damages lots over time

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
I think it would definitely be life. I mean I have gone though the game with life, storm and fire and life was by far the hardest. I mean we have the weakest attacks and not much gear to help out in the short bit.

See with my life I have never died in PvE because I can constantly heal myself but it becomes an issue with attacking. I mean we get centaur at lvl 33 and then after that we wait another 25 lvls for another attacking card. And it becomes very weak when you go against 2v1 in Cl and DS not to mention anything after that. We are the only school that doesn't an AOE till lvl 58 which also adds to that frustration. So its not so much that is difficult its that battles take so long and become tedious as you move up the game with the same spell. So this is in my opinion the hardest school to solo with in the game but you should be asking that question to darth. He has like every wizard 2 times over. He should know
But this school is by far my favorite in the game!

Side note:

Storm was by far the easiest school that I have done to move up the game. I used spells like crazy and got to Ds and Cl like 5x as fast at my life did. All storm needs to do is keep some healing cards in the side board. The rest with storms power make it the easiest to move though the game.

BLAKE NIGHTWRAITH

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
death is a pretty bad solo. i am death and i use my thunder cards more then my school's cards..

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
My personally opiun is that storm is the worst class because i made a new wizard and it was storm and i sucked at being one

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
malt22 wrote:

WHAT
life is awesome and is the best school there is. meat me at ambrose. near profeser ambrose.
ashley lifeheart

Explorer
May 10, 2009
I personally think Storm. The low health is a lot of trouble so I have a very hard time finishing quests solo. The best I would think is Ice, because of its health and defenses.

See you in the Spiral,

Richard Ghostrider Level 70 Ice Wizard

Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
I would say Storm. Sure, you've got a lot of damaging spells, but it's difficult to complete some quests alone with such low health and accuracy. Unless Life is your secondary, you can't even heal.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
blackbird32 wrote:
I would say Storm. Sure, you've got a lot of damaging spells, but it's difficult to complete some quests alone with such low health and accuracy. Unless Life is your secondary, you can't even heal.

I'm a pure diviner, and the game was actually easy to solo, i don't know how, but normal gameplay on storm was just well natural for me. :)