Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Personal Stats

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2012
How do you improve personal stats?

I have 0 for accuracy, critical rating, and block rating.

I'm level 14 school of balance. Thanks in advance.

Administrator
Different pieces of equipment in the game (hats, shoes, robes, wands, athames, rings, amulets) will improve the stats of your character. Check your backpack for items you've received as rewards from duels and you may notice that a hat has a +2% to Ice Damage as an example.

While you have that hat equipped, you will reap the benefits it gives. Once you find a new item with better stats (maybe one that does +2% to Ice Damage AND +15 to maximum health) you can put that item on instead.

You can always press C to get to your character panel (c for character) and see what stats are boosted by what items you're wearing by moving your mouse cursor over the stat you want to learn more about.

Hope this helps, and I'm sure our players will have other helpful suggestions for you, including a hint about our wonderful Bazaar.

Happy questing and see you in the Spiral.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 06, 2012
Thanks for the info. I did buy the epic package for around $40 so I've not come across any equipment so far that came with that package but it seems that package has no effect on the stats I've listed above; is that true? Do I need to step down in equipment to gain those other stats? Thanks in advance.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
GunnerOIF2003 wrote:

Hi. And welcome to the Message Boards.

You might want to check out "Community News" (tab on the left side of this page). They have info about the fansites, which have a lot of helpful thngs about the game.

Check this link for info on Zeke's quests (like The Smiths):

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34&highlight=zeke+s+quests

And the Wiki section on that fansite has tons of info about everything. Here's a link to get you started on "items":

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Items_by_School

Have fun!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
GunnerOIF2003 wrote:

As Prof. Greyrose already mentioned, gear you acquire either from defeating enemies, buying from merchants, or buying from the bazaar is the main way to increase your wizard stats. However, some stats like health will increase with simply leveling (base stats). Your pets will also provide some stat increases too. Finally, the Crown Shop also has an assortment of elixirs to choose from that increase various stats too, but those cost real money and are temporary.

The critcial and blocking rating is on the advanced tab of your character sheet. The advanced tab doesn't really come into play until around level 50 (advance into the game), but you can acquire those stats earlier.

The bazaar is located in Old Town (near the shopping district).

Administrator
GunnerOIF2003 wrote:
Thanks for the info. I did buy the epic package for around $40 so I've not come across any equipment so far that came with that package but it seems that package has no effect on the stats I've listed above; is that true? Do I need to step down in equipment to gain those other stats? Thanks in advance.

The gear from the prepaid card first appears in your Gift Window when you log in to the game (button on the left with a present on it) - click that to open a menu of items waiting for you to claim.

Claim items that are of interest to you, and anything you don't want to claim right now can stay in the Gift Window until you are ready.

Equipping your Equipment
To use your items, you must equip them.
To equip items, select them in your backpack & press the hand icon to equip the item.

Items that have the little hand icon are what you are currently wearing.
Items that have the little green C icon were purchased with Crowns.
Items that are greyed out, you cannot wear.
There are also icons for Crafted items and PvP only items but you won't encounter those for a few levels.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
GunnerOIF2003 wrote:
I did buy the epic package for around $40 so I've not come across any equipment so far that came with that package but it seems that package has no effect on the stats I've listed above; is that true?

Depending on which bundle you bought that is correct. The Epic Bundle does not increase the stats you listed above for a level 14 wizard (if that was the character you claimed the items on). That bundle (at that level) increases health, universal damage and resists.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010